Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Dec 2002, 05:38 (Ref:440905)   #26
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LeMans is one of the great meccas of autoracing,I for one will never get tired of it regardless of who is or is not there.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 2 Dec 2002, 09:39 (Ref:440981)   #27
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy
well, amongst the marshals I am assuming Paul Hickman will be with me on Poste61, and Stewwert on 70. No dobt TuroWW & Bodysnatcher will attend, but they will have to speak for themselves.
at a rough count - there will be about a dozen 10/10thers marshalling - we could have a get together all of our own M.Gypsy

bored? - maybe at times - but we'd never miss Le Mans.
Old 2 Dec 2002, 11:17 (Ref:441034)   #28
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Bob, Sarah & I will be on Poste 61 yet again (but only the once this year as we shall have to wait until 2004 for another Historique!) as probably will John ‘Neubauer’ Williams. Indeed I have already in a previous thread extended a welcome to those 10 Tenthers who can find their way through the woods….

As to the starting point of this thread, I do tend to agree that endurance racing is in one of its troughs – but that is the same with all forms of motor sport – and there is usually resurgence after a while. Le Mans on the other hand is not just a race – it is a whole way of life for at least a week – from the friendliness of the crews in the pits, the showers (!), the camaraderie of the international marshals and being camped close to a race track eating, sleeping and talking whilst all around is the scream of racing engines continuing their charge down the Mulsanne. It always amazes me that I can hear the alarm clock going off above all the engine noise in the middle of the night – and then getting up for another marshalling stint!!