Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 9 Jan 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2610535)   #151
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are the broadcast times for this year's Indycar season..

Old 15 Jan 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2613851)   #152
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica apparently not a fan of all the Road courses that IndyCar features now. I'm guessing this will be her last full season of single seaters.

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...treatment.html
Quote:
Alexander: At what point in your IndyCar career did you say NASCAR is something I might one day want to be a part of?

Patrick: I started thinking about it about a year or two ago, checking it out and looking at it. I don’t love some of the things we’re doing in Indy Car. I don’t love all the tracks. We’re racing on a lot more road courses and there’s not as much passing, so I kind of started saying …

I love an Indy car. It’s a challenge. They’re very hard … they’re tough to drive and they have an open-wheel race car feel to them but some of the things I wasn’t so excited about. So when things started to transition (more road and street races added, such as this year’s opening race in Brazil), I started saying, ‘Hmm …it (NASCAR) would be kind of fun.’ I’ve really grown to love oval racing, I think is what I’ve found.
Old 15 Jan 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2613875)   #153
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
Danica apparently not a fan of all the Road courses that IndyCar features now. I'm guessing this will be her last full season of single seaters.
Danica is under a two-year contract with Andretti Autosport, IIRC, so unless she breaks that contract with them, she'll be in IndyCar next year.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2613900)   #154
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Danica is under a two-year contract with Andretti Autosport, IIRC, so unless she breaks that contract with them, she'll be in IndyCar next year.
Just my expectation - I don't have any insider knowledge but my gut says she will find the dollars and dreams better fulfilled in Nascar
Old 15 Jan 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2613909)   #155
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just my expectation - I don't have any insider knowledge but my gut says she will find the dollars and dreams better fulfilled in Nascar
She'll certainly find the $$$ side of it fulfilled, but unless her dreams are to struggle mightily and be mostly uncompetitive, anything beyond that will not be fulfilled by NASCAR.

If guys like Franchitti, Hornish, Montoya and others from open wheel struggled in the Tin Cabs, then Danica stands little, if any (and I personally think ZERO) chance to succeed in stock car racing.

Besides, she has one win...only one...in any series she has competed in above the go-kart level of racing...

Those guys listed above have won multiple races, season championships, and the Indy 500

There is no way she will be even close to competitive in stock cars.

JMHO, of course....

Old 15 Jan 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2613914)   #156
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
I'm thinking more along the lines of the "Danica Brand" than the actual results - the Anna Kournikova of racing
Old 15 Jan 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2613921)   #157
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of the "Danica Brand" than the actual results - the Anna Kournikova of racing
That's pretty much what she is now, isn't she?

Old 20 Jan 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2616619)   #158
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...treatment.html
Danica needs to open her eyes and realise that theres not a lot of passing on the ovals either.

She is going to Nascar because Indycar is currently getting very little exposure and Nascar will get her the exposure she needs.

Exposure = $$$
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 26 Jan 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2619551)   #159
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my god. She really is stooopid, let her go to NASCAR, I couldn't give a damn.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2619568)   #160
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enough Danica bashing, get back to the topic and that's the IndyCar Schedule.

Where are the mods ???
Old 26 Jan 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2619680)   #161
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
She'll certainly find the $$$ side of it fulfilled, but unless her dreams are to struggle mightily and be mostly uncompetitive, anything beyond that will not be fulfilled by NASCAR.

If guys like Franchitti, Hornish, Montoya and others from open wheel struggled in the Tin Cabs, then Danica stands little, if any (and I personally think ZERO) chance to succeed in stock car racing.

Besides, she has one win...only one...in any series she has competed in above the go-kart level of racing...

Those guys listed above have won multiple races, season championships, and the Indy 500

There is no way she will be even close to competitive in stock cars.

JMHO, of course....
Quote:
That's pretty much what she is now, isn't she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Enough Danica bashing.....Where are the mods ???
Erm, Danica bashing?

Last edited by Peter Dunne; 26 Jan 2010 at 14:38.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2619759)   #162
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Enough Danica bashing, get back to the topic and that's the IndyCar Schedule.

Where are the mods ???
Not Danica bashing, just general pointing out at the stupidity of saying that there isn't enough passing on Road Courses, which is to do with the schedule...

My point is she wouldnt be saying that if she had won on a prope.. i mean road course before, would she now?
Old 26 Jan 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2619838)   #163
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Where are the mods ???
They don't like you either.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2619844)   #164
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They don't like you either.

Leave the personal attacks out of it, Matt...

In one sense, I do see DanicaFan's point...after all, this thread IS about the 2010 schedule...

However, Danica's comments in that article, followed by the words of others in posts within this thread did cause me to submit my own thoughts on her possible foray into NASCAR, which I believe would be a disaster based on the reasons that I stated above.

FWIW...

Old 26 Jan 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2619853)   #165
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Anyway.. so this schedule..
Old 27 Jan 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2620084)   #166
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody should learn a lesson from this.
Somebody else shouldn't spent his rent money.
http://store.nascar.com/family/index...goryId=3317875