Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Apr 2004, 13:05 (Ref:941526)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shane Lynch

is he racing this year? what I saw of him on telly he seemed to be getting on well.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 13:24 (Ref:941548)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
We may see him out later in the season - good driver, nice guy, proof once again that you shouldn't believe what you read in the tabloids!!!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 13:31 (Ref:941553)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awful hair, though.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 13:39 (Ref:941562)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
would agree with the hair but having seen him on the Games he is clearly looking after himself. He comes across as a good guy and given he is presunably a lot less experienced than many in the GT series raced well. Why is he only doing half a season? Is tit the normal budget reasons or does he have committments elsewhere?
Old 16 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:941587)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

sorry that sounded patronising which it wasnt meant to be! he raced well anyway and he is presumably a lot less experienced than most of the other drivers!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 14:31 (Ref:941612)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
would agree with the hair but having seen him on the Games he is clearly looking after himself. He comes across as a good guy and given he is presunably a lot less experienced than many in the GT series raced well. Why is he only doing half a season? Is tit the normal budget reasons or does he have committments elsewhere?
I think it's down to other commitments- if I remember correctly, I think I've read somewhere that he has some other TV commitments coming up apart from 'The Games'
Old 16 Apr 2004, 14:33 (Ref:941622)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he did well to shake off the boyband member image he had when he started racing, people take him far more seriously now, would be good to see him out again later in thee season, maybe his Games performance will help raise the series profile somehow!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 14:36 (Ref:941626)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

strangely it has not mentioned his racing at all (obviously based on the 2 seconds I have watched the prog - I would hate to admit watching the Games but it is strangely addictive viewing!!!)
Old 16 Apr 2004, 15:23 (Ref:941690)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There was some footage in the previews for the series that featured shane in the car and at a Donington test pre-season. He takes his racing very seriously and he will be back.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 15:33 (Ref:941707)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats good to hear then!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 20:13 (Ref:942052)   #11
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at his first rally (here in Ireland), he was driving a Ford Ka and crashed on a straight!
[one spectator quipped "he cant drive and he can't sing!"]
but he has impressed me with the skill he has built up between then and last year in the GTs
Old 16 Apr 2004, 20:23 (Ref:942062)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have seen him race a couple of times over the last year or so and I was quite impressed. He was unlucky not win the championship last year. I hope he is back later in the year.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 20:50 (Ref:942092)   #13
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a feeling he will be out later in the year. I certainly hope so. Shane is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in a pit lane. He has loads of time to chat with marshals (even when he's busy)and will do anything for kids who want to sit in his car or chat about racing. One of the really nice things about him is he doesn't behave like a prima donna, despite his fame in his "former life", which I have seen him play down on a few occasions. All in all a thoroughly decent guy and fairly useful behind the wheel too.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:36 (Ref:942135)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watching the games now. It looks as if he has an Eclipse Motorsport t-shirt on tonight. Man how sad am I for spoting that.......
Old 16 Apr 2004, 23:49 (Ref:942220)   #15
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane is a great guy. I used to race with him in Ginetta's. He will be out for the second half of the season in the Eclipse Marcos Mantis. If I remember correctly he is a shareholder in Eclipse.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:40 (Ref:942807)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't worry rdjones, i noticed it aswell, he also wears an Eclipse hat!
Old 18 Apr 2004, 14:58 (Ref:943335)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Awful hair, though.
Awful voice too
Old 18 Apr 2004, 18:08 (Ref:943459)   #18
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Just watching the games now. It looks as if he has an Eclipse Motorsport t-shirt on tonight. Man how sad am I for spoting that.......
I'd noticed the Eclipse T-shirt and his old hat aswell

Real nice bloke is Shane
Old 18 Apr 2004, 20:20 (Ref:943553)   #19
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope he does well tonight - did fine last night!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 09:38 (Ref:943901)   #20
lfw
Rookie

lfw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane Lynch

Hi

I don't suppose anyone knows any races that Shane Lynch is confirmed for this year?

L :-)
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:06 (Ref:943918)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it won't be in Formula One, mate.

I suggest you try the sportscar forum.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:07 (Ref:943970)   #22
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought he was in Boyzone.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:38 (Ref:944016)   #23
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is taking a year out in the Britsh GT series,maybe back next year,
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:43 (Ref:944024)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was in Boyzone, but he's now a reasonably-quick racing driver.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 11:45 (Ref:944029)   #25
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moved from F1 forum