Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2332948)   #1
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our new 'clean & green' car industry Fed funded

Where does our sport sit with the Kevin 07 funded car industry support package?
Our #1 category has no room for our #1 car manufacturer.

How can we put a positive slant on this taxpayer funded initiative?

Do V8 fans think the 'green & clean' lobby will leave V8s alone?

Diesels racing at Bathurst ?

Old & all that I am, I was there when the Torana 6 (XU1) outbraked the V8 Falcon (GTHO) at the end of Conrod ... opportunity is what I see !!
Old 11 Nov 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2332953)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
85% ethanol. the v8s are already leaving the government behind.

they put out about as much CO2 as a new green camry (i actually havent done the calc on that comment and its probably wrong maybe some scientist can) but hey if its good enough for the global warmers to make stuff up then so can i
Old 11 Nov 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2332958)   #3
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
85% ethanol. the v8s are already leaving the government behind.

they put out about as much CO2 as a new green camry (i actually havent done the calc on that comment and its probably wrong maybe some scientist can) but hey if its good enough for the global warmers to make stuff up then so can i
Bathurst

Race 1 - Toyota Prius Control Formula 10 laps with a CPS for Battery Pack change

Race 2 - 2 litre Diesel cars over 10 laps - bio diesel only with a control GM seed for the canola base!

Race 3 - 100 laps Ethanol Race - Control on the octane differences from using exotic ethanol fuels - single malt, green ginger wine, sour mash sipping whiskey. We 10/Tenners in charge of the Stills located on the mountain!1

mike
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2333049)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you forgot the solar car challenge, Mike
Old 11 Nov 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2333128)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The state of what I call "green scare" is a joke. We all know for a fact that man made global warming is about as truthful as a pleasent smelling fart. Even top boffins in Aus have come out and quoted that the Earth dramatically warms up before an ice age once every 10,000 years and we are simply long overdue for an ice age. Man made climate change simply does not exist. Al Gore and all of his cronies are so, so, so wrong. Why do we need hybrids, they are the cars of Satan himself. I have been in one and was really glad to get out of it after sitting in it for about ten seconds. Keep the E85 to cheapen petrol prices (My Ford and when I get the chance to buy a Commodore I desire, they will run E85) but keep the screaming V8s, don't bring in anymore hybrids or electric cars, the world will be much better off with out them.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2333322)   #6
cavvy
Veteran

yes, but ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
The state of what I call "green scare" is a joke. We all know for a fact that man made global warming is about as truthful as a pleasent smelling fart. Even top boffins in Aus have come out and quoted that the Earth dramatically warms up before an ice age once every 10,000 years and we are simply long overdue for an ice age. Man made climate change simply does not exist. Al Gore and all of his cronies are so, so, so wrong. Why do we need hybrids, they are the cars of Satan himself. I have been in one and was really glad to get out of it after sitting in it for about ten seconds. Keep the E85 to cheapen petrol prices (My Ford and when I get the chance to buy a Commodore I desire, they will run E85) but keep the screaming V8s, don't bring in anymore hybrids or electric cars, the world will be much better off with out them.
Understand your views on climate change Razor, but I was canvassing views on the effect of the Federal Government car plan funded by the taxpayer - its real, the dollars will be flowing .....
Old 12 Nov 2008, 02:12 (Ref:2333510)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funding from the Fed wont save GM Here

... so any chat about helping Holden might be wasted breath...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Nov 2008, 03:09 (Ref:2333526)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

In some ways, going bankrupt might be necessary to break the strangle of the unions on GM in North America.
Old 13 Nov 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2334600)   #9
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

There is a local plan for that. Dunno if it'll help V8SC though.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2334611)   #10
cavvy
Veteran

sale of the Aus operations

Interesting to consider where Kev & our taxpayer money go if the US of A sells off the Aus operations ... Holden to the Chinese, Ford to India (sorry no link, google it).
Old 14 Nov 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2334663)   #11
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be wrong, but I understand that when Chrysler was bailed out at the end of the 1970s, one of the conditions was they had to sell up, including Chrysler Aus to Mitsubishi and Chrysler Europe to PSA.
Old 20 Nov 2008, 03:01 (Ref:2338104)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Falcon inline six To Stay
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods