Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Aug 2003, 21:10 (Ref:700023)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone a fan of both Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards?

I admit I am. Their WSB rivalry was kinda like the Senna Vs Prost rivalry in F1, except that Edwards and Bayliss got on extremely well considering how fierce their on track duels were. They may not be friends as such, but remember them hugging and congratulating each other after the title showdown at Imola last year. You'd never have seen Senna and Prost do that. I don't think Bayliss is superior to Edwards or that Edwards is superior to Bayliss. I simply think of them as equals. It's a shame that Edwards didn't get the second Repsol Honda seat so that he could coninute the rivalry with Bayliss

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 26 Aug 2003 at 21:12.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 01:34 (Ref:700199)   #2
laneatkins
Rookie

laneatkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edwards at Repsol - that would have been great. I suspect he might have gone a bit quicker right out of the gates than Nicky.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 06:36 (Ref:700301)   #3
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am a huge fan of both edwards and baylis, especially after their WSB duel. I think the best thing aprilia did was sign edwards to race for them, very consistant rider who always gets the job done. And baylis's results speak for themselves
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:23 (Ref:700404)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they are both tremendous riders in their own regard and I like both of them because they are both fairly down-to-earth kind of guys.

There is also a tremendous amount of respect between the two, and all through last year I never heard one bad word uttered between the pair of them about each other.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:28 (Ref:700410)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Colin's motivation is very high to beat Honda, they offered him so mnay different rides in the end, but not the one he wanted so he walked. You would htink after winning the chanpionship the way he did that Honda would give him anyhting behind Rossi.
He was offered the Pramac Tamada ride first, then a Castrol UK ride on Bridgstones, then Pons and finally Pramac with Michelins and hardly any money. They kept moving the goalposts.
And to think if Colin had not got the 8 Hour engine he wouldn't have won the title anyway. Honda can be such ******s sometimes. Remember Kocinski, they just stuck him at Pons and left him to rot in a Spainsh team with a SPanish rider. Then Erv took him over and the team had no money.
If I was someone like Vermulen or Roberts or Bostrom I would have second thought about thinking Honda were the best.
Remember how they treated Gobert, "Oh yeah you have been great, here is another year on an RC30 in Australia with a few rides in Japan". No surprise he said eff off and joined Kawasaki.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 17:49 (Ref:700932)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have to say that I almoast hated Edwards ... in his WSBK years .. but now at Aprilia ..his starting to fell a little less repulsive : .. Bayliss was the one i wanted to win last year .. now i just wish him to do good races against the big guns of MotoGP ..

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:51 (Ref:701621)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a big Bayliss fan and a small Edwards fan. Colin seems a little less...well, focused, I guess...and this has improved him as he comes across much better, especially when he doesn't win.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 23:12 (Ref:703094)   #8
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like them both !
I think they are both great sportsman, and they are in fact good friends.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 07:41 (Ref:706485)   #9
SPman
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
West Australia
SPman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep
Both great riders with distinct personalities!
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:53 (Ref:706878)   #10
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like both of them. I like how both are pretty much no nonsense guys. They own up to their mistakes and are magnanimous in victory. Both have been complete credits to their respective racing teams as well. Both test well and race well. Their hard as nails but fair battles WSBK were impressive to say the least. I also like the fact that Edwards is an American racing on the world stage and doing well. I like Bayliss because I think he represents the Aussies well too.
Never forget #99
Old 4 Sep 2003, 04:50 (Ref:707684)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was never a fan of Edwards. I always thought he was a loud-mouthed Texan (which he is). But last year I kind of grew to like him. Anyone who saw the last WSB round at Imola last year simply has to be a fan of both. Still the best races I've seen in a long time. Wish I had em on tape.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 02:03 (Ref:712576)   #12
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like them both. Obviously I lean towards Bayliss am I am an Aussie and very biased. (well I am allowed to be). What Aprilia did by signing Edwards was great, but I also thought that Edwards would walk into the Repsol team this season, and had he have done so would have had podiums. Anyway Bayliss is on a Ducati and has had podiums. All in all the Motogp paddock is richer with them both there.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 05:24 (Ref:713768)   #13
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edwards is half Aussie anyway....we could claim him as ours....remember that movie star ," Russell" somebody ??