Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Nov 2004, 00:30 (Ref:1145233)   #1
Nigel Wilson
Rookie

England
Washington
Nigel Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedrosa The new Rossi?

This kid has done more in his two years in Moto GP than Rossi did when he first came on the scene. Do you think he could be the next big name in bike racing.
Maybe this is why there is speculation that the "Doctor" is lining up an F1 drive in 2006.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 03:14 (Ref:1145266)   #2
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Pedrosa The new Rossi?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Wilson
This kid has done more in his two years in Moto GP than Rossi did when he first came on the scene. Do you think he could be the next big name in bike racing.
Maybe this is why there is speculation that the "Doctor" is lining up an F1 drive in 2006.

Yep the guy who ditched the best bike in the championship for one that everyone agreed couldn't win a race let alone the championship. I reckon he is absoluteley packin his pants.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 09:15 (Ref:1145376)   #3
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no doubt that Pedrosa is very good, but whether he's the next Rossi, has yet to be shown.

According to an interview Rossi did with the BBC at Valencia, he's going to be around for at least 2 more years. And no, I don't think he's afraid of Pedrosa taking his crown any time soon.

The talk of F1 for Rossi in 2006 is all publicity by Bernie Ecclestone, in a vain attempt to make it sound as if it might get exciting some time.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1145430)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
new rossi . not really . but he could do well . but i have my doubts about his future performances in MotoGP

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Nov 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1145432)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dani has a very impressive record in the lower championships, no doubt about it. Winning 250cc at your first attempt is pretty impressive, even if a lot of the newer MotoGP stars didn't come from 250s. If he gets a Honda for next season he could impress within a couple of years. All the same, I think Rossi has proved himself to be one of the rgeats, whereas Dani still has to.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1145594)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People were saying the same about Melandri, but really he hasn't done that much in MotoGP.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1145839)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is one stat the Dani beats Vale with and that is that he won the 250cc championship at his first attempt.
But I agree with the opinion here he is not quite big enough to handle a GP bike, but then as I have asid in another post maybe Alberto Puig is keeping him small to take advantage of his weight deficit in 250.
He might do what Loris did and put on a huge amount of upper body strength to handle a GP bike.
I think he is much much better than Melandri though and it will be good to see if Elias does any good on the Yam as he is also small but better built
Old 9 Nov 2004, 04:26 (Ref:1148198)   #8
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Pedrosa The new Rossi?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Wilson
Your joking arent you! When Poggiali won the 250 title in his first go everyone was running around saying "the new Rossi" but look how he has fared this year. Pedrosa is a good rider and has done extremely well this year, but lets see how he goes next year. Also to be Rossi you have to have the package on and off the track and one thing Pedrosa doesnt have is Rossi`s flare off the track. As far as Rossi being scared of racing him, I think he would welcome the challenge rather than escape it, seeing as though he had to change bikes just to get a challenge this year.