Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3067538)   #126
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The whole Pug vid is on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3GOYlQqwdI

I never really liked the Strakka one, a bit too... unispiring. Plus the 2010 LMP2 battle was hardly the most interesting ever
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3067541)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks for the link. Downloading now.....
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3067542)   #128
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks for the link. Downloading now.....
Yeah I've had that one on my HD for a few years now... never got around watching it though

Shame that the Matech Ford document of the 2010 race never saw the daylight...
Old 30 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3067663)   #129
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think these types of films are great propaganda for races but also of how crucial and essential the whole team is. You get to see a part of the races and preparation you don't see during the races and it's a part that more casual fans actually appreciate more.
We tend to forget how important the unsung heroes are, the crew.

If you're interested in seeing some other types of team productions, have a look at the Portuguese team "Novadriver"'s YouTube page. They are competing in the GT3 Europe championship but they've been producing videos about their participation in the National GTs, etc, since last year. Some really good stuff by their multimedia guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/teamnovadriver?ob=0
Old 1 May 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3067710)   #130
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
While we're on the subject of other films like Tin24, I think the two films from Rollcentre Racing "In the Lap of the Gods" and "Chasing the Dream" deserve a mention. I found them to be quite a lot more entertaining than the monotonous "Battle of la Sarthe".
Old 1 May 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3067726)   #131
F50GTPlus
Rookie

F50GTPlus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be even better if they made a short series of films leading up to Le Mans... if any of you have seen the HBO series 24/7 Road to the Winter Classic series HBO does a good job of capturing the lead up to the NHL's Winter Classic while going in depth from both teams perspectives

it would be easier to visualize the rivalry with alternating perspectives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qvTr463Oe4
Old 1 May 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3067766)   #132
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Many thanks for the link, will check that out later on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
While we're on the subject of other films like Tin24, I think the two films from Rollcentre Racing "In the Lap of the Gods" and "Chasing the Dream" deserve a mention. I found them to be quite a lot more entertaining than the monotonous "Battle of la Sarthe".
I thought "In the Lap of the Gods" was very good (though I personally preferred Ti24).
Old 1 May 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3067785)   #133
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you want to get old school, there's the '95 'McLaren at Le Mans: Pursuit of Perfection.'

Four parts on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWBH...ure=plpp_video
Old 1 May 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3067894)   #134
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Speaking of older ones, here is CBS "48 Hours on the Fast Track" special from 1988. Sure selected a good year to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Jbqtye1Vo
Parts 2-8: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...Mans+-+Part%22
Old 1 May 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3067962)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you want to get old school, there's the '95 'McLaren at Le Mans: Pursuit of Perfection.'

Four parts on youtube

That is a good one - it helps that I adored the McLaren though.... Only on VHS as far as I'm aware, but I converted mine to DVD. No idea where it is now though.....

Anyone still have the Edmonds tape of the 1997 Panoz effort - quite enteraining too - I also converted that from VHS from the telly to DVD.
Old 1 May 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3067975)   #136
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There is a trailer here

http://www.lemans.org/en/news/-truth...medium=twitter
Old 1 May 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3068015)   #137
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Four parts on youtube
Thanks
Old 1 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3068033)   #138
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not a Audi fan but i cant wait for this!
Old 2 May 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3068185)   #139
LeicesterTiger
Rookie

England
LeicesterTiger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Really interesting article here http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_7728.shtml about the story behind the new film. It seems to confirm that this time it will be available as a worldwide download on Itunes so won't have to create a US account to access it.
Old 2 May 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3068209)   #140
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The article also answers the question why the documentary will take 1 hour on SPEED.
Quote:
For those unable to attend either of these exclusive premieres, Keogh and his team have orchestrated an American television premiere May 5 on SPEED. For many, this will likely be their first exposure, though sources at InterSport have indicated that the movie is cut down to fit into an hour time slot. Hardcore fans will want to catch it in feature length. Fortunately, Audi’s got any number of options available for those seeking the full piece.
Old 2 May 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3068229)   #141
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeicesterTiger View Post
Really interesting article here http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_7728.shtml about the story behind the new film. It seems to confirm that this time it will be available as a worldwide download on Itunes so won't have to create a US account to access it.
Thats great news if thats the case, hopefully the DVD release will be the same: getting a copy of the first Ti24 was a pain in the ass!
Old 2 May 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3068414)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unless you were given one by Audi........
Old 3 May 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3068597)   #143
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 3 May 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3068624)   #144
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Show off! Thankfully one of my old school mates now lives in the US, so I was able to hassle him into buying me a copy and sending it over!
Old 6 May 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3070228)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You got there in the end then!
Old 10 May 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3072042)   #146
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

Lppiesaudi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The download countdown timer on the Truth in 24 II website has been reset. It was set for 14 May now it is set for 22 May.

Has anyone seen both the full version of the film and the 60 min version aired on SPEED? I am curious to know how they compare.
Old 11 May 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3072741)   #147
Deleted
Veteran

So I watched the shortened 45 minute version (saving the longer one for June). Quite decent and well produced as you would expect, but nothing groundbreaking really.

Didn't really fancy the anti-Peugeot image they wanted to paint at times. Yeah okay the Pug blockings were bit dirty but so were Audis who passed cars outside the racing line and didn't took any responsibility for the two crashes that ocured... those Ferraris were never mentioned btw
Old 11 May 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3072745)   #148
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lppiesaudi View Post
The download countdown timer on the Truth in 24 II website has been reset. It was set for 14 May now it is set for 22 May.

Has anyone seen both the full version of the film and the 60 min version aired on SPEED? I am curious to know how they compare.
Says 2 days and 15 hours here? So, May 14th...
Old 11 May 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3072779)   #149
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Says 2 days and 15 hours here? So, May 14th...
Seems it's changed back, was showing for may 22 yesterday...I don't use itunes: so... please rip and torrent ASAP
Old 12 May 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3072884)   #150
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The Speed version in available at certain "places". I'll skip it and wait for Monday...