Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Feb 2024, 15:04 (Ref:4194769)   #51
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the guys want to run a 2-car effort in September for COTA(WEC) and Indy(IMSA) . Sounds good, to me at least...
https://www.sportscar365.com/lemans/...-indianapolis/
Old 2 Feb 2024, 15:48 (Ref:4194777)   #52
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is cool but there is still a pit garages issue at COTA to accomodate more cars.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 15:53 (Ref:4194781)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I read the article and it says COTA and Indy for 2 cars, but when I read on I got the impression it was more COTA or Indy (or neither).

I am surmising it is use the other series car at the other race. I wonder how much effort it takes to convert the cars for each series. Is it really just ballast and power for the BoP? There are some other minor differences and set-ups. I’m curious how much effort this actually is.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4194798)   #54
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then again, the Ganassi/Cadillac team has done that, with the Blue(WEC) car and the Yellow(IMSA) one. Along with Le Mans, they have run both cars on the same race, which can work.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 20:41 (Ref:4194837)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I read the article and it says COTA and Indy for 2 cars, but when I read on I got the impression it was more COTA or Indy (or neither).

I am surmising it is use the other series car at the other race. I wonder how much effort it takes to convert the cars for each series. Is it really just ballast and power for the BoP? There are some other minor differences and set-ups. I’m curious how much effort this actually is.
I'm with your reading of it. Article says one thing, quotes say something very different. His statement makes it sound like COTA first and if that doesn't work then Indy
Old 14 Feb 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4196744)   #56
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Night testing at Sebring

https://youtu.be/4Ei68hOUI-I?si=fAcqyg6IFQ3GksT7
Old 14 Feb 2024, 21:18 (Ref:4196750)   #57
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice vid
Old 15 Feb 2024, 02:34 (Ref:4196774)   #58
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Makes a nice sound imo. I like it.
Old 15 Feb 2024, 14:34 (Ref:4196819)   #59
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post

Honestly. Second fav after the Caddy. It also look like it goes like stink. Can't to see how the chips fall.
Old 15 Feb 2024, 15:11 (Ref:4196821)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
With you on that....
Old 15 Feb 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4196838)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I've been heard, less potholes since my last visit… Hope the IF will sound better.
Old 16 Feb 2024, 09:54 (Ref:4196904)   #62
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's pretty exciting to have Lambo racing at the sharpest end of things isn't it?
Old 16 Feb 2024, 14:15 (Ref:4196930)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 12:15 (Ref:4201210)   #64
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Woahhhh - hope things are ok with him

"Sanna, Lamborghini Part Ways With Immediate Effect"

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ediate-effect/
Old 14 Mar 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4201228)   #65
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this isnt a sign of things to come given the poor record of the EVO 2 Huracan GT3 and the poor showing from the Hypercar in Qatar (you can forgive this given it was its first race)
Old 14 Mar 2024, 21:01 (Ref:4201274)   #66
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
"Romain Grosjean Explains the NEW Lamborghini SC63 Hybrid Race Car | IMSA GTP Tech Tour"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6jjoBTxi8
Old 16 Mar 2024, 09:13 (Ref:4201406)   #67
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say the Gt3 car has shown periodic speed, Pin was amazing in her stint at Petit last year dropping the field, but the Hypercar looks miles off, not as bad as some last year but not close, when you compare to Alpine or BMW< I know they have more miles and more experience in these cars and rules and tyres, but Lambo are not very close yet
Old 16 Mar 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4201410)   #68
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A walk around the car with Romain Grosjean. They know it's going to be a tough race for them. Hope they get to the end.

https://youtu.be/oY6jjoBTxi8?si=ZrTCinKqMbPkLOl6
Old 16 Mar 2024, 10:46 (Ref:4201411)   #69
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I would say the Gt3 car has shown periodic speed, Pin was amazing in her stint at Petit last year dropping the field, but the Hypercar looks miles off, not as bad as some last year but not close, when you compare to Alpine or BMW&lt; I know they have more miles and more experience in these cars and rules and tyres, but Lambo are not very close yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
A walk around the car with Romain Grosjean. They know it's going to be a tough race for them. Hope they get to the end.

https://youtu.be/oY6jjoBTxi8?si=ZrTCinKqMbPkLOl6
I'm optimistic, they are running in 2 series so they are getting more track time to learn about the car. Also, Lambo has no history in running a prototype and it has been a while since Ligier was at the sharp end. New program, new equipment, lots of room to improve.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 13:00 (Ref:4201418)   #70
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
As long as they keep funding the program at a good level, they should advance closer to the front pretty quickly, especially by running in two different series'
Old 18 Mar 2024, 08:35 (Ref:4201725)   #71
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Great race by the team; car has pace close to the front runners, and has the reliability now as well. Racing in both IMSA and WEC will do them a lot of good, before the LeMans 24 Hours in June. Excited for their overall development throughout the year.
Old 19 Mar 2024, 09:51 (Ref:4201855)   #72
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was a really good effort. New team with limited protoype experience and Sebring experience, drivers with almost no prototype sebring experience, a new chasis without 1 year + development time.
Hopefully the speed will come soon!