Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Jun 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4055748)   #376
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I find it extremely tiresome to join the positivity thread and this good news be met with negativity.

It’s fine to discuss those point. Just not here. This was the place to enjoy good news - be miserable about the incoming golden age isn’t how you’d like it be elsewhere.
Hear hear!

Looks like we are going to see most in depth quality of major entries in the top class/es since the late 90's!!
Old 11 Jun 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4055752)   #377
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it isn't official yet, but bmw picked dallara as chassis supplier
Old 11 Jun 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4055757)   #378
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking like an IMSA focus for BMW.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...a-chassis.html
Old 11 Jun 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4055760)   #379
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hear hear!

Looks like we are going to see most in depth quality of major entries in the top class/es since the late 90's!!
My thoughts exactly, friend.
We are seeing a growth in participating manufacturers for this side of Motorsport while we are coming out of this dual crises with the financial and Covid-19. All this while Indycar is stagnant with engine suppliers and Formula 1 is slowly losing them.
Hybrid technology fits Sportscar/Prototype more than other types of Motorsport, so it stands to reason how the LMH/LMDh rules were made more financially and politically fair for all entrants, with adjustments to be made as the seasons go.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4055761)   #380
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my bet:
RLL for gtd IMSA program with M4 gt3
andretti for lmdh IMSA and LM

bmw cut ties with schnitzer and can't remember if RMG, RMR or RBM are still under bmw umbrella
Old 11 Jun 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4055764)   #381
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Looking like an IMSA focus for BMW.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...a-chassis.html
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/b...ogram-in-2023/
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4055768)   #382
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure BMW will be getting a few calls from European-based teams about a WEC/LM programme.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4055774)   #383
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm sure BMW will be getting a few calls from European-based teams about a WEC/LM programme.
I wonder if they will entertain selling cars? Or will they continue with the same model of a chosen team to run their program?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4055775)   #384
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep the prices down, potential for further up the field and no need to carry sandbags every lap and you could get LMP2 runners looking to field a car. That's an optimitic view but see the thread title
Old 11 Jun 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4055779)   #385
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
my bet:
RLL for gtd IMSA program with M4 gt3
andretti for lmdh IMSA and LM

bmw cut ties with schnitzer and can't remember if RMG, RMR or RBM are still under bmw umbrella
RMG still is. They did development of the new GT3.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4055780)   #386
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...in short, upgrades. Teams like United Auto sports, G-drive and others at the sharp end of the LMP2 grid will be in line for future consideration for LMDh, seeing as they have a better understanding of the chassis being used. The lower teams will be in line for the newer versions of the LMP2s when they are ready.

All part of the great cycle of Motorsport life.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4056271)   #387
Mike E
Veteran

Did Graham suggest in the Portimao race comms that there are GTE Am teams considering customer Hypercar programs?
Old 13 Jun 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4056273)   #388
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Did Graham suggest in the Portimao race comms that there are GTE Am teams considering customer Hypercar programs?
Perrodo would be my guess. Or Cetilar.

Btw Perrodo is worth a follow on Instagram. Some serious cash and some serious cars in the collection - https://www.instagram.com/fanchracing/
Old 15 Jun 2021, 04:07 (Ref:4056455)   #389
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some time ago I said here that LMH/LMDH(AM) should replace LMP2, It's great that Graham talks about this now, But my vision has changed a bit now, I have the feeling that the ACO is going to eliminate GT in 2024 and everything will be like:
*LMH/LMDH
*LMH/LMDH (AM)
*LMP2
Jim Glickenhaus said a number of teams interested for the 007 in Portimao.....
I think the non-announcement of the GM LMDH program in Detroit has to do with this, I think they know that they will not be able to go to Le Mans with a Corvette GT beyond 2022 and therefore the GM LMDH should be a Corvette if they want to go to Le Mans in 2023.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4056483)   #390
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Some time ago I said here that LMH/LMDH(AM) should replace LMP2, It's great that Graham talks about this now, But my vision has changed a bit now, I have the feeling that the ACO is going to eliminate GT in 2024 and everything will be like:
*LMH/LMDH
*LMH/LMDH (AM)
*LMP2
Jim Glickenhaus said a number of teams interested for the 007 in Portimao.....
I think the non-announcement of the GM LMDH program in Detroit has to do with this, I think they know that they will not be able to go to Le Mans with a Corvette GT beyond 2022 and therefore the GM LMDH should be a Corvette if they want to go to Le Mans in 2023.
There are a whole range of possibilities in the mix - Multiple teams in multiple classes are looking at Hypercar but the uplift in budget, and the availability of cars, is the key to that happening, and to when it happens

They will not eliminate GT
Old 16 Jun 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4056747)   #391
Mike E
Veteran

'“The financial formula is affordable. I’ve been contacted by gentlemen drivers wanting to run a LMDh because it’s affordable.'

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...urers-by-2024/
Old 17 Jun 2021, 00:08 (Ref:4056754)   #392
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, the guy who is in charge of selling more cars on which an LMDh is based would think they're great?? Oh wait, I don't see any of the cars running not supported by the factory running now WITHOUT the costs and need for techs on the hybrid system. Yes, it's a sealed system but someone has to pay the crewmember(s) keeping an eye on it And we have no idea the costs to run the cars as no one has ever built a car yet. Plus we don't have a confirmed Dallara customer yet do we, assuming we will have a GM car on it but anyone else?

Porsche/Audi future Lamborghini/Bentley--Multimatic
Acura-Oreca
BMW-not stated yet

Me thinks he's trying to sell cars and the class. Dial it back a bit dude.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 06:08 (Ref:4056769)   #393
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Of course he is, that's part of his job. But he's not the first to say Am drivers are looking at the class. For LMP2 teams looking to step up without a factory deal, that could be significant.

Looks like GM and BMW will be Dallara customers.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4056817)   #394
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I dont mean to retread old ground, I think its been talked to death probably already, but after the Portimao round, do people think that the performance gap between LMP2 and the LMH cars is large enough? Looking at laptimes there wasn't much in it, maybe a second on ultimate pace.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4056820)   #395
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I dont mean to retread old ground, I think its been talked to death probably already, but after the Portimao round, do people think that the performance gap between LMP2 and the LMH cars is large enough? Looking at laptimes there wasn't much in it, maybe a second on ultimate pace.
The remaining tracks on the calendar - Monza, Le Mans, Fuji and Bahrain - all have long straights which should work better for the Hypercars. Let's see.

Assuming Fuji happens...
Old 17 Jun 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4056822)   #396
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it. The hypercars have to get on with it. It’s not meant to be easy.

I don’t think there is a track where the LMP2s would be quicker. You probably could design one though!
Old 17 Jun 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4056830)   #397
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oh wait, I don't see any of the cars running not supported by the factory running now WITHOUT the costs and need for techs on the hybrid system. .
I think JDC qualifies as an independent team and can see them went in Ewing with the new formula. But beyond them there has not been independnt teams with an extended success in the class. Part of this though is that the manufacturers were unwilling to sell cars. Cadillac was the only one who made that an option.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4056834)   #398
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t think there is a track where the LMP2s would be quicker. You probably could design one though!
24h of Monaco anyone?
Old 17 Jun 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4056836)   #399
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I like it. The hypercars have to get on with it. It’s not meant to be easy.

Mid-Ohio? if they’re allowed in IMSA

But the IMSA codrivers aren’t at the level of some in WEC so maybe not so much in reality
Old 17 Jun 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4056837)   #400
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmmm, the guy who is in charge of selling more cars on which an LMDh is based would think they're great?? Oh wait, I don't see any of the cars running not supported by the factory running now WITHOUT the costs and need for techs on the hybrid system. Yes, it's a sealed system but someone has to pay the crewmember(s) keeping an eye on it And we have no idea the costs to run the cars as no one has ever built a car yet. Plus we don't have a confirmed Dallara customer yet do we, assuming we will have a GM car on it but anyone else?

Porsche/Audi future Lamborghini/Bentley--Multimatic
Acura-Oreca
BMW-not stated yet

Depends if this formula keeps costs realistic or not. Part of the reason why Group C is so revered is the myriad privateers entrants, many of whom were crawling around in 962s in a team full of what we would today call bronze drivers.

If it's just about in reach for wealthy gentlemen to have a crack, then they'll cough up the money to have a crack.