Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 29 Nov 2022, 11:52 (Ref:4135383)   #426
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, back to previous practices. No camping so motorbike from home in the week, then car to parc Expo soon on saturday morning.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4135384)   #427
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR AGUILAR View Post
Does the Hippodrome 40m2 allow tent AND car or Camping car together in the slot?
I think so.... But it's now showing as sold out.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4135385)   #428
JR AGUILAR
Rookie

JR AGUILAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is brutally annoying the absolute lack of information provided by the ACO!!! No maps in advance of the different camping sites, their conditions... nothing!! Just collecting piles of money early in advance! Shame!
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4135387)   #429
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think the ACO are going to spend the rest of the year answering complaints, never seen so many people so un happy with what has happened. Once the agencies start releasing details of what they have been given i suspect there will be even more very angry people
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4135388)   #430
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think the ACO are going to spend the rest of the year answering complaints, never seen so many people so un happy with what has happened. Once the agencies start releasing details of what they have been given i suspect there will be even more very angry people
At thé ticket office they were insuring that was absolutely not the reason!!!!!!
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4135389)   #431
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
At thé ticket office they were insuring that was absolutely not the reason!!!!!!
Did they give you THE reason then....?

Only because of lot of ask
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4135391)   #432
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
i think the agencies have also had thier allocations restricted so that is why large numbers of thier customers will also be very angry. Not sure why the camping has been such a mess this year but seriously thinking of selling my 2 TR slots and buying a brand new bentley with the proceeds. But suspect Helen would never speak to me again if i did that
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4135392)   #433
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As James said earlier, it's not right to take it out on the staff who are actually doing the selling, they can only sell us what the ACO have decided in their 'wisdom' to put on sale. I do think the club has a heck of a lot of explaining to do, what with the split ticketing for entrance/grandstands and then camping/parking and the loss of so many areas that we favoured and have always been available in the past. The lack of information before the ticketing opened has been staggering. I've had quite a few conversations by email with the support staff and it's been quite clear that they've been kept almost as much in the dark as we've been.... And at the agencies the info they've been given is clearly no better.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4135393)   #434
JR AGUILAR
Rookie

JR AGUILAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe next Monday on the general public selling we can get better offerings... I honestly don't believe they've sold ALL slots early this morning for 2023...
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4135394)   #435
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One basic thing the ACO ticketing can do is employ a native English speaker to create or at least sub-edit their English language communications.

It's a seemingly small thing but I think that would help a bit with detail and description. For example mailing an English language list describing your camp sites as 'Receptions areas' is not acceptable. I imagine it's an under-staffed department but it's your first touchpoint with race fans every year so why not try and get it right.

Last edited by batmobile; 29 Nov 2022 at 13:08.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4135396)   #436
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Maybe next Monday on the general public selling we can get better offerings... I honestly don't believe they've sold ALL slots early this morning for 2023...
It obviously doesn't help when you significantly reduce the options available. I don't know how many people have joined the ACO since last year, or how many members who don't always go have decided to go this year but it does seem extraordinary to me that so many things (well, pretty much everything) are being reported as sold out. The issue over the weekly ticket is completely bemusing, bearing in mind that in all the years I've been, full week tickets have been available at the gate....
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:10 (Ref:4135403)   #437
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
One basic thing the ACO ticketing can do is employ a native English speaker to create or at least sub-edit their English language communications.

It's a seemingly small thing but I think that would help a bit with detail and description. For example mailing an English language list describing your camp sites as 'Receptions areas' is not acceptable. I imagine it's an under-staffed department but it's your first touchpoint with race fans every year so why not try and get it right.
Yes but in french they dont call these areas camping but "aire d'accueil" they dont want them to be considered as campsites. Probably due to legal rules ??
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4135404)   #438
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble is there’s no incentive for the ACO to improve things, they can sell everything they have out instantly, even a campsite no-one has heard of or knows anything about, I doubt there’s any thought in the management’s mind other than everything is utterly splendid.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4135406)   #439
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Campsites usually go quickly anyway, plus the Grandstand seats went very quickly too so I think people weren't going to hang around getting camping or parking or both. And with reduced availability it was always going to be a bun fight.

Time will tell if they have kept anything back for the General Public, but somehow I doubt it.

Everyone wants to go to the Centenary race!
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4135407)   #440
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
Trouble is there’s no incentive for the ACO to improve things, they can sell everything they have out instantly, even a campsite no-one has heard of or knows anything about, I doubt there’s any thought in the management’s mind other than everything is utterly splendid.
Management yes, frontline staff are the ones who will be getting the sh1t.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4135410)   #441
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
So much will depend on what, if any, allocation has been given to the agencies. It is a real shame that the ACO is giving out such confusing messages - if those that have been going for so long dont get the tickets, the ACO needs to hang its head in shame for forgetting those that have supported it through the bad times.

We regularly book 30 campsite spaces which includes those for Kenn and the TT international site, so it is impractical to try and get that quantity on the website - hence why we use an agency.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4135413)   #442
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the ACO must be doing something withh all the camping spaces on the popular sites as it appears they have not offered many to ACO members in todays "sale"
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:53 (Ref:4135417)   #443
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well the ACO must be doing something withh all the camping spaces on the popular sites as it appears they have not offered many to ACO members in todays "sale"
Listed as official Agencies on the ACO website :

Grand Prix Tours
1st tickets
Just tickets
Motorsport tickets
Team Langoustine
Travel Destinations

bet they will have more then enough tickets on sale later on......
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4135418)   #444
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
the ACO is not stupid, they let people pay lots of money on memberships and when the money is in the pocket they screw you....as simple as that!
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4135419)   #445
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They haven't for some years TBH Simon - the difference now is that we are back to the days where all the tickets sell out so quickly. It was like that in the late '90's and 00's which is why it was always best to use the agencies for large groups.

Of course, it makes commercial sense for the ACO as it saves them administrations costs and yet they get the same income.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4135420)   #446
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Listed as official Agencies on the ACO website :

Grand Prix Tours
1st tickets
Just tickets
Motorsport tickets
Team Langoustine
Travel Destinations

bet they will have more then enough tickets on sale later on......

I have a friend who contacted Travel Destinations a month ago and was told they had sold all of their allocation and have a long waiting list
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4135421)   #447
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And yet others seem to be saying that they don't even know what their allocation is yet.....
Old 29 Nov 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4135436)   #448
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
They haven't for some years TBH Simon - the difference now is that we are back to the days where all the tickets sell out so quickly. It was like that in the late '90's and 00's which is why it was always best to use the agencies for large groups.

Of course, it makes commercial sense for the ACO as it saves them administrations costs and yet they get the same income.
i remeber in the 90's just turning up and getting camping on the gate at houx annex, always camping available even in the 00's all be it at beausjour. week ge tickets always available when you arrived apart from 2 years ago when numbers were restricted.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4135437)   #449
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I have a friend who contacted Travel Destinations a month ago and was told they had sold all of their allocation and have a long waiting list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And yet others seem to be saying that they don't even know what their allocation is yet.....
TD has dedicated areas: Porsche Curves, Glamping (next to BSL) and Flexotels. I suspect these have all gone, they do get spaces in general campsites but maybe not this year.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4135438)   #450
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
TD has dedicated areas: Porsche Curves, Glamping (next to BSL) and Flexotels. I suspect these have all gone, they do get spaces in general campsites but maybe not this year.
That's true Peter, I'd forgotten that.