Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Jun 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1627068)   #1
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Brands Hatch 3/4 June

Can I just say a big 'thank you' both personally and on behalf of the HSCC to everybody who helped run such a successful meeting at Brands over the past two days. What we didn't have in quantity was more than made up for by the quality and several of the visiting foreign drivers made a point of asking me to pass on thanks to you all, particularly for the excellent flagging. We all saw some good racing and some wonderful cars, especially the Group C, Orwell and Formula 2 and we even got more than our fair share of sunshine - I don't think racing gets much better than that!
Thanks again and hope to see you all soon.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1627090)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks John. As I was leaving tonight I heard Marcus Pye interviewing the winning drivers of the last race, who all wanted to thank the marshals. Well on behalf of the marshals, I would like to thank the HSCC and drivers for a wonderful weekends racing!

You are right, the weather held and many of us are a little sunburnt, now it's raining! What a great weekend...Thank you as well.
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1627095)   #3
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Branda Hatch?? is this a new circuit in Italy??
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1627100)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Edited on behalf of John Smith...
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1627108)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I just add my thanks to Johns, it really was an awesome weekend.
Can I add a special Thank You to Jason, who stood down, to let me be the Observer in the Safety Car, a very special feeling, leading the Group C cars round both days on their rolling start lap.
I've just got the feeling that next week @ Copse wont be as much fun!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1627142)   #6
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Edited on behalf of John Smith...
Booooooo!! Spoil Sport! we could have had other options like Sliverstone, Cruft(s), Cad-ill Park, (An)Thraxton and who knows what others might have come up with?
Old 4 Jun 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1627144)   #7
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Fat clerk SIR

You are most welcome, I think Kirsty was bored of my jokes from the last HSCC meeting...

see you at the classic and hope to see the wedding pics on here asap

J
Old 5 Jun 2006, 05:18 (Ref:1627291)   #8
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John from the good ole US of A !!

Glad you had a dry weekend in the UK for a change....

Watching Sam Hornish Jnr win the Indy 500 last weekend in the blazing sun ( the 2nd hottest race in their history ) was awesome and may our heatwave arrive " Across the Pond " soon....

Keep trucking.

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
Can I just say a big 'thank you' both personally and on behalf of the HSCC to everybody who helped run such a successful meeting at Brands over the past two days. What we didn't have in quantity was more than made up for by the quality and several of the visiting foreign drivers made a point of asking me to pass on thanks to you all, particularly for the excellent flagging. We all saw some good racing and some wonderful cars, especially the Group C, Orwell and Formula 2 and we even got more than our fair share of sunshine - I don't think racing gets much better than that!
Thanks again and hope to see you all soon.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1627599)   #9
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Hi Johngee & The Fat Clerk,
Thank you and the HSCC for a superb weekend, the machinery on view was truly awesome , brought back many memories and, especially after the number of incidents, the drivers were certainly showing them at their best (not hanging around).
Thanks to Alan & Malcolm (with his magnet) for the company on the great post 14 on Sunday, probably won't get many opportunities to do that post. Was on my own on post 22 on Saturday, which was fine, just means I can't thank anybody else!
Last weekend I got soaking wet, this weekend I end up like a Lobster . Is there a connection here?!!!
Once again thanks to all, Nick.
P.S Garry (photographer), nice to meet you on Sunday, if you read this forum, how can I purchase any photos you took took around post 14 on Sunday, I would be very grateful.

Last edited by White flag man; 5 Jun 2006 at 13:48.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1627608)   #10
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dave

Hope you are well.

How's the MX6 doing?

Did you and John take both his MX 6 and your's out on the circuit at the same time. Two reds ones would look great.

My MX 6 is all sad and lonely awaiting my return to the UK.

Have a great wedding day........

Hugs

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Can I just add my thanks to Johns, it really was an awesome weekend.
Can I add a special Thank You to Jason, who stood down, to let me be the Observer in the Safety Car, a very special feeling, leading the Group C cars round both days on their rolling start lap.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1627654)   #11
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Dave, you know my long connection with Silverstone, back to 1966, and at a recent Meeting there the Commentator said that Copse was the most challenging first corner in the UK!!! Sorry, divided loyalties but Paddock at Brands Hatch?? Also, if you get it wrong you have a large gravel trap; Copse offers a second Line around! Sorry,!! Anybody can run scared on tarmac!!!
Old 5 Jun 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1627758)   #12
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been at Brands all weekend, work today was a terrible anti-climax. If every meeting was as great as the HSCC, I'm not sure I'd have anything to look forward to. Many thanks to organisers and drivers alike for putting on a great show.
Tim.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1627810)   #13
Brother Grim
Rookie

Brother Grim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the ice cream mr Green, nice to have some nice weather for a change,
Bill Oddie would have been proud of you
Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1627814)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
A pleasure Martin. Had you been there on Saturday you would have had an ice lolly as well
Old 5 Jun 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1627852)   #15
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want to reiterate the comments I made on the "Historic Racing Today" forum. You men and women in orange are greatly appreciated, even if it's not always obvious. It's a real shame that we don't get time to meet socially, such are the pressures of a race weekend. The nearest I get is occaisionally eavesdropping on some "breakfast banter" at Hailwoods.

From conversations I've had, and things I've read on Ten-Tenths, we all enjoyed ourselves at Brands......

Let's do it again soon!........
Old 5 Jun 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1627854)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Many thanks for your kind words Alan. Most of us enjoy the HSCC meetings because of their friendliness and because of the good grids and decent racing.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1628459)   #17
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a great weekend, although I have sore feet from walking around all day. You can see some photos below.

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gal...06%5F06/album/
Old 6 Jun 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1628537)   #18
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi Mike

Awesome fotos hon.......

I am getting homesick for the UK.

Brands has always been my favourite circuit.

Hugs

Paula Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
That was a great weekend, although I have sore feet from walking around all day. You can see some photos below.

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gal...06%5F06/album/
Old 6 Jun 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1628691)   #19
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, great photos Mike. Thanks for putting in the link.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1628909)   #20
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad you like 'em. I'll get sunday's on there either tonight or tomorrow...