Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2522823)   #51
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
//of topic
/* oppiions are supposed to be different, that is what makes us indipendant persons, it would be a dull life if all our friends had same opinios. oh and i just came back from Kusadasy, Turkey, and there everyone is like:

My friend, my friend, come here, my shop, best shop...........*/
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2525745)   #52
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it sounds pretty good, if indeed this is truly it. Here

L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2525772)   #53
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
thx more sound here
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2525857)   #54
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car looks and sound awesome. It is a giant step up from the F430 in both categories IMO.

I can't wait to see it in race trim.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2525866)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah ..... a lovely looking beast . All manner of things spring to mind with respect to wings and wider wheel archs !!! ..... and a big FO splitter .

Whats the word about when it might hit the track ?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 04:59 (Ref:2525888)   #56
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah ..... a lovely looking beast . All manner of things spring to mind with respect to wings and wider wheel archs !!! ..... and a big FO splitter .

Whats the word about when it might hit the track ?

That, at the moment, seems to be the Million Dollar question!

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 05:28 (Ref:2525896)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Could it perhaps be ready for Le Mans next year? Be quite a big ask for a debut race though...
Old 22 Aug 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2525971)   #58
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I'd read somewhere (maybe Murphy?) that it would be ready in 2011 and there would be very little factory support for the F430 next year.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2525981)   #59
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That, at the moment, seems to be the Million Dollar question!
L.P.
If it is supposed to be ready for 2010 than it will be either Petit Le Mans '09 or Sebring '10 for the debut. If it is going to be 2011 just replace '09 in case of the PLM with '10 and '10 in case of Sebring with '11

Other than that I propose quite some Fiorano, Mugello, Vallelunga & Paul Ricard test laps
Old 22 Aug 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2526217)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
If it is supposed to be ready for 2010 than it will be either Petit Le Mans '09 or Sebring '10 for the debut. If it is going to be 2011 just replace '09 in case of the PLM with '10 and '10 in case of Sebring with '11

Other than that I propose quite some Fiorano, Mugello, Vallelunga & Paul Ricard test laps
That we will see it in 2011 is pretty much a given. The question/conundrum is when or if we will see it in 2010. Risi has stated they will not have it for the season opener at Sebring and could/might run the current car with substantial upgrades for 2010. We have also heard some scurrilous stuff that hints at NO Risi in 2010. All I can say is, at least in the ALMS, the sooner the better.

Hence: "That, at the moment, seems to be the Million Dollar question!"

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2526267)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having just finally found the time to be able to watch the RA round, it sounded like the 430 will go the 911s route and add some weight to run wider tires and the bigger restrictor. Can't remember who said it and they didnt say what team said anything, but could it be anybody other than Risi. Maybe test the performance of the 430 GT with that package to see if it's worth it for the 458 GT car?
Old 23 Aug 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2526421)   #62
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That we will see it in 2011 is pretty much a given. The question/conundrum is when or if we will see it in 2010. Risi has stated they will not have it for the season opener at Sebring and could/might run the current car with substantial upgrades for 2010. We have also heard some scurrilous stuff that hints at NO Risi in 2010. All I can say is, at least in the ALMS, the sooner the better.

Hence: "That, at the moment, seems to be the Million Dollar question!"

L.P.
Well, European factory teams lately often used Sebring or the PLM or both to test their cars to "heart & kidneys" (as it says here) under race conditions before they hit the road to Le Mans. Latest examples there are the Peugeot 908, the Audi R10 & R15 and the Porsche Spyder even
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2527872)   #63
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Except for the ones where they did (1997 version). There's nothing in the post you quoted that says they did it from the beginning or on all cars - so you're not only rude, but wrong as well.
McLaren built the F1 roadcar first obviously. Then based on that car entered cars for racing in 1995, that were lightly modified road cars.

They then modified the the 1995 race cars to be better for 1996, and these 1996 cars, were reflected in the road F1 LM cars right.

Then the 1997 GTR car was not based off the F1 road car, but the F1 GT (road car.) So again the race version in 1997, was still the same body length as the road car it was based on.

So it doesn't matter whether he specifies the year or not, because it is still wrong.

The McLaren racecar was never longer then the road car.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2527903)   #64
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Just shut up Splatz. Not only are you 100% wrong, but you're attacking people who actually know about your 14 year old dream car.

Hey this guy has been stalking me since I was fourteen years old, what gives! Isn't that illegal?

Dude give it up, your not my type.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2527938)   #65
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Old 25 Aug 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2527971)   #66
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
Really ..... are you sure ? ..... It certainly looks longer with the long tail ?

If the long tail didnt make the car longer , what did it do then ?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2528077)   #67
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I have to agree with splatz's explanation here. It's true that the McF1 longtail was based on a longtail streetversion of the Macca.
Just read "Driving ambition", the official McLaren F1 historybook.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2528106)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

Fair enough ..... I didnt know that there was a long tail street version , cheers .
Old 26 Aug 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2528512)   #69
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
Then the 1997 GTR car was not based off the F1 road car, but the F1 GT (road car.) So again the race version in 1997, was still the same body length as the road car it was based on.

So it doesn't matter whether he specifies the year or not, because it is still wrong.

if I may give my humble opinion in this off-topic matter...

1. splatz you were pretty rude, the mistake was understandable, plus the F1 GT was only a homologation special for the '97 GTR, when some1 says "the McLaren roadcar" it's pretty obvious they mean the standard F1.

2. for some1 who behaves so rudely towards some1 for not "taking the effort to look up the facts" it would be nice if you looked up your facts and saw that, in fact, the F1 GTR 1997 is 5mm longer than the F1 GT (McLaren website).

3. let's all be a bit humble and understanding towards each other the aim of this forum, as I understand it, is to discuss racing cars, not to put each other down [/hippy mode]
Old 26 Aug 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2528753)   #70
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
************ON TOPIC********************

Risi Competizione team manager Dave Sims confirmed the team will in fact run a “highly modified” Ferrari F430 GT for the entire 2010 season, and roll out with Ferrari’s new F458 model in 2011.

“The chassis we have right now will go back to Italy and will be transformed into 2010 spec,” Sims said. “They’re going to be highly modifying the existing 430s. Porsche is going to do the same thing; they’re not going to build a brand-new car until 2011, I believe.”
Old 26 Aug 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2528760)   #71
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post

Risi Competizione team manager Dave Sims confirmed the team will in fact run a “highly modified” Ferrari F430 GT for the entire 2010 season, and roll out with Ferrari’s new F458 model in 2011.

“The chassis we have right now will go back to Italy and will be transformed into 2010 spec,” Sims said. “They’re going to be highly modifying the existing 430s. Porsche is going to do the same thing; they’re not going to build a brand-new car until 2011, I believe.”
Linky?

Chris
Old 26 Aug 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2528768)   #72
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
here is the link
Old 26 Aug 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2528797)   #73
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post

Hmm, well. Let me just point out that this seems to all predicated off what Rick Mayer had said the week earlier. Included in that is the, IMO, a total misunderstanding of the 2010 rules which bears out by the ACO's announcement from Nürburgring. Mayer seeming to think that the FIA regs would be followed by the ACO ("changes in aerodynamics, electronics and tires. A class-wide ECU from Magneti Marelli") , not true " Stability was key in GT2 and the 2009 rules will continue to apply in 2010." (DSC). So how radically modified could it be? It is still the same rules! Please explain that to me, when they are already maxed in the homologation of the 430? So as I see it, something does not flush out.

L.P.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2528806)   #74
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with you L.P. However, there is the possibility that the car does get shipped to Italy and has all sorts of parts stuck to it and it becomes a "Ferrari 430 GT2" *wink*458 mule*wink*. A boy can dream, can't he?

Chris
Old 26 Aug 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2528838)   #75
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
i agree, i think it was also a misunderstanidin, thinking the new rules would be the same, with fia and aco,

but they could still rehomologate the car to the 14'' tires 100kg more and 9% bigger restrictors, that would mean that the chassis and bodywork would have to be rewoked to fit the larger tires, and the engine would probably have to be remaped