Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2001, 15:12 (Ref:61931)   #1
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In several posts lately I get the impression that some Aussies have forgotten about Mark Webber. Even the local media are saying JC is the next F1 messiah for us.

I feel Courtney has a bit of an advantage at the moment because he is riding a wave of success with Gow taking the worry out of it and Webber has had a few disasters with Merc and Arrows and has been treading very carefully and trying hard to not make any mistakes along the way.

I hope Webber gets there first and succeeds. Both are very talented and deserving but I think Mark and his family have done it tougher. Do you guys think doing it tough is a disadvantage or does it make you more determined?

In any case C'mon Aussie!
Old 2 Feb 2001, 21:35 (Ref:62030)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Redback, I think you are right. I for one think Courtney will make to F1 before webber, if indeed webber makes it at all. But, Stoddart has said Webber could have driven this year - if he had more cash - job well done to the Aussie companies for not backing him. Oh well.
Old 2 Feb 2001, 22:48 (Ref:62060)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Mark is already testing for great F1 team, and he has support of Aussi Paul Stoddart who has just bought himself an F1 team. Paul is anxious for Mark to get into F1 and has been chasing the corporate guys in Australia to get backing for Mark. The important thing to realise here is that Mark needs financial support from endorsements. From whre I sit, Mark is practically in F1, whereas Courtney has to join hte queue together with a whole bunch of talented hopefuls. Mark has the better chance of landing an F1 drive, and if Paul Stoddart can get a factory engine supplier, then maybe Mark will have a great drive next year. Maybe Mark should have a chat with Dick Smith, the great supporter of all things Australian. Dick should profit greatly from having his name on the side of an F1 car.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 00:18 (Ref:62083)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
while they are both talented drivers I think you will find young james has alot more work ahead of him than Mark has.

James has proved himself in Karts and F Ford and thats it he still has a way to go whereas mark has already proved himself In F Ford, F3 sportscars and F3000 and also slightly in F1 testing and he seems to have the chance in f3000 again this year. I think mark is alot closer than james allthough getting involved with jaguar will be a real bonus for him it may not be the easy task that he thinks.

Mark will get there first but in any case I hope they both make it because thats one thing we can agree on ..they both have what it takes.