Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1748078)   #1
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will have no. 1 spot at Ferrari? (merged)

just reading this
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...24190733.shtml

who do you think will gain the number 1 spot or do you think they will have equal status?
Old 24 Oct 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1748085)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unsure. I assume Kimi has signed as a pure no. 1, something he was always denied at McLaren.

However, Massa and co obviously have other ideas. So perhaps they are equal.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1748090)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It maked little difference. Whoever (Kimi) will beat the other and be hailed as number one anyway.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1748145)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't bet my life savings on kimi beating massa in their first season, a few more races like brazil and Massa could be a serious title contender. i hope for a fair battle as the championship could be an all ferrari affair.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1748236)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lets hope there is no #1 at Ferrari next year. I have been impressed by Massa this year and I would like to see him have an equal oppurtunity to get a shot at the title with Kimi. If nothing at least it will be more fun to watch.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1748288)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think that they will both be given equal opportunity to win. Probably Kimi is the most talented, but lets see what those two kids can do!

And... what will the 2007 Ferrari be like?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1748291)   #7
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya

And... what will the 2007 Ferrari be like?
im guessing red!
Old 25 Oct 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1748295)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You think?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 02:53 (Ref:1748370)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Kimi is there really any doubt?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 05:50 (Ref:1748441)   #10
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it will pose an interesting scenario if after the first few races, the same old spectre of unreliability follows kimi over to ferrari, and massa scores heavily.

If mass has say 30+ points from the first 5 rounds, and kimi has only say 15ish, but apears to be the quicker driver, i will be looking with keen interest to see if there is a hierarchy that forms.

Hopefully they will both be going hammer and tongs at each other. I expect it to be a pretty even fight.

See - there is a good side to the retirement of TGF!
Old 25 Oct 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1748518)   #11
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
im guessing red!
You mean that they will change the colour, or by 'red' you mean this orange they have now?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1748848)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see no reason why Felipe cannot be the no 1 next year. I have serious doubts over Kimi's attitude and commitment. I sometimes get the impression he is just "having a laugh" and not taking this seriously enough. It's gonna be all change at Ferrari next year it seems, and if Kimi is not on his guard then Felipe can try and rally the team around him the same way Micheal did - stunning performances and working like a mule.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1748885)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Ferrari dominate the way some people are predicting, I hope nobody has the upper hand within the team, and both drivers can fight evenly for the title. The amount of mechanical failures Kimi has early on will be interesting though - he's always been prone to mechancial failures comapred to his team-mates, including JPM who previously had a car-breaking reputation.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1749068)   #14
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only half-joking but I'll say...Luca.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1749149)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO Kimi has been signed to be number one, but if Massa were to prove competitive, maybe Ferrari will change and allow the drivers to battle.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1749157)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse
You mean that they will change the colour, or by 'red' you mean this orange they have now?
I was wondering.Since Marlboro can no longer advertise their own brand and are planning to sell off space on the car,just how much of it will be red (or orange)?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1749394)   #17
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi - number 1 (contractually) at Ferrari?

Does anyone know if Kimi is a designated number one at his new team or have they changed their stripes?
The press is making a big deal out of some Massa statements and it got me to wondering...
Mike
Old 25 Oct 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1749395)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp356a
Does anyone know if Kimi is a designated number one at his new team or have they changed their stripes?
The press is making a big deal out of some Massa statements and it got me to wondering...
Mike
You're not the only one. Merged.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1749399)   #19
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for the dup thread.

I have a feeling that Kimi will be bad news for Massa. Massa is quick but I think a bit immature still. Kimi in a reliable car just seems like a nightmare waiting to happen for Massa, IMHO.

Mike
Old 25 Oct 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1749403)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

I agree, Kimi will establish himself fairly quickly. Until then we may see one or two relative Ferrari results like Malaysia this year.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1749418)   #21
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi, no question.

Massa had some good races, the best were while out in front for the whole race. He's not been at the races a few times where Alonso managed to get between him and schu (when he shouldn't have).

May take Kimi time to settle in the team, get used to the Bridgestones, etc but by mid/end season Kimi all the way.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1749484)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I honestly believe that Kimi will trounce Massa...
Old 26 Oct 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1749680)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I honestly believe that Kimi will trounce Massa...
Yeah, but I honestly believed JPM would thump Kimi and win at least one WDC with McLaren...

You never know.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1749694)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope it is equal status at Ferrari Massa has come along in leaps and bounds this year and he has amtured heaps and is becoming a great racer,well kimi is kimi nothing needs to be said,Ferrari would benifit greatly from equal standards on bot sides of the garage IMO.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1749872)   #25
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would think that after the investment Ferrari have made in Kimi they are going to make sure that he gets every opportunity to take over the reigns from MS.

However ferrari aren't stupid... If massa is leading raikkonen by 40 pts after a few races, I think'll they'll expect Kimi to back-up felipe if necessary
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.