Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1256978)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets hear it for Nick Heidfeld...

Continuing this "Lets hear it" series

I think after the Mark Webber incident and Toyota's stunning pace his drive has largely been over looked....
super driving...from 10th to 3rd, alright he may not have finished on the podium had Mark not been eliminated but he actually caught up to Webber and RS which shows he has some great pace....
He also showed a racey side of him ive not seen and didnt know he had...almost pulled off some great overtaking moves on Raikkonnen and Webber and beautifully overtook RS....
All in all...a good choice by Williams...
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1256983)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A big well done to Nick!
I'm really pleased for, him, that he got on the podium.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1256988)   #3
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Brundle said he was tempted to make him his driver of the day!

Good drive by Nick!

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1257021)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The battle with Webber, Schumacher and Heidfeld was fun to watch. Great job by all of them.

A very good drive by Heidfeld overall today
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1257025)   #5
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive by Nick especially with no drink bottle in the heat.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1257049)   #6
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also was the 2nd fastest in the lap times sheet, only Kimi was faster

Link: http://f1total.com/ergeb/2005/02/73.shtml

Last edited by flor; 20 Mar 2005 at 16:18.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1257055)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually think he may have got the podium even if GF and MW hadn't collided. He was clearly quicker on the day and looking very racy. Well deserved!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1257136)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was possibly Nick's best ever drive. Right from the first corner he looked ot be on aggressive form, every overtaking move he made worked out really well, and his general pace was superb. After Mark slightly had the upper hand in Australia, we can see how even the two Williams drivers are now.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1257147)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive by Nick today and a well deserved podium as a result.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1257253)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Fantastic drive Nick well done! Very quick and smooth..
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1257374)   #11
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrific race from Nick. Extremely agressive when he needed to be, but clean and controlled from what we saw of his overtaking. This is looking like a good driver pairing! He was by far the least sweaty of the three guys in the post-race press conference, too.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1257413)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread pruned. Let's keep to the topic, especially when there is a thread (or threads!) already in place on that topic. In addition remember attack the post, not the poster. It is a discussion forum not a fan's war room.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1257417)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testure
Terrific race from Nick. Extremely agressive when he needed to be, but clean and controlled from what we saw of his overtaking. This is looking like a good driver pairing!
Agreed. Definitley a different bloke to what I've seen previously. (Sorry EERO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testure
He was by far the least sweaty of the three guys in the post-race press conference, too.
Doh, don't mention sweat. I start thinking about the Brazilian ladies beach volleyball team!!! Quick nursey, the pills!!!!!!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1257422)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Agreed. Definitley a different bloke to what I've seen previously. (Sorry EERO).

Maybe you just weren't watching.

A solid, agressive and fast drive and and he looked very clean on his passes. Now that he's on solid footing, I expect to see much more.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1257434)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry I'm back on the beach. Did you say something?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1257638)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Cant say I agree that he would have taken Webber regardless, but I was pleased to see him on the podiam.

I have said from the outset Nick was the driver to pick, and today he proved me (and many others correct).

Well done mate!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 03:44 (Ref:1257667)   #17
Kraz
Rookie

Kraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All in all a job well done by Nick.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1257869)   #18
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope the neigh-sayers about NH being at Williams have taken note of this. One race is not a season, but I hope to see more of this from Nick...

Good job!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1257877)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm with all those that say it was a fine drive. Well done, Nick!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1257906)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive, but please stop the stereotypical awful german accent, it's err.. awful!
We've got two of those already and that's enough!

Maybe he should try a Texan accent, could be entertaining...

Excellent drive anyway!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1257957)   #21
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to hear a Texan accent, watch MotoGP and hope Colin Edwards does well. You'll enjoy the racing, no doubt about it.

Nick was excellent in the race, it's a shame he didn't maximise his potential in qualifying, but he porbably didn't lose out because of it. He proved that you can overtake on the track, and showed tactical and racecraft nous throughout. I can see this being the first of many podiums for Williams this year.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1257962)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just a thought. Is this the first time Mark has been outpointed by a team mate?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1258021)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Just a thought. Is this the first time Mark has been outpointed by a team mate?
"Outpointed by a team mate" is putting it a bit strongly - two races in to the season! He must have been beaten in an individual race before now, surely? Must have had another unlucky day. He was leading NH before "that" corner.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1258026)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Have we discussed that corner at all?

I hope we see both Williams drivers on the podium at the same time. It isn't quite on yet, but it isn't far away. Williams have a decent record of improving their car over the years (in some cases they've had too!). Hopefully that will happen again - and they aren't as far back as I though they would be at the begining of the year.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1258029)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
"Outpointed by a team mate" is putting it a bit strongly - .
Not really Glen. By "outpointed" I mean he scored less in the race than his team mate.

so is this the first time because I don't recall Klien doing it at Jaguar although Mark has had some DNFs.