Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3526183)   #326
Wardy.
Racer

United Kingdom
Wardy. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First win ever it may be, but I'm betting they won't keep it.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3526184)   #327
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great result for Gulf in GTE, helped massively by the wave by but a massive step forward for the team.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:36 (Ref:3526185)   #328
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can somebody please shoot the tv director already!?
Great racing spoiled by constantly switching to the pits again.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3526190)   #329
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram View Post
Can somebody please shoot the tv director already!?
Great racing spoiled by constantly switching to the pits again.
yeah; that was awfull.

but did Lancaster pass 2 cars to the win by spinning them?
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3526191)   #330
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
yeah; that was awfull.

but did Lancaster pass 2 cars to the win by spinning them?
I don't think he is to blame for Tincknell's spin, he was already ahead and it was quite an optimistic move by Tincknell to try and retake the position. But in the collision with the Tiriet car, there really wasn't the space to overtake.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3526192)   #331
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm glad I tuned into the last 15 minutes of that race! Lancaster took some big risks but I think he'd have come out on top anyway after Tincknell spun.

Last edited by pirenzo; 11 Apr 2015 at 17:44. Reason: missing word
Old 11 Apr 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3526198)   #332
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/marceltencaat/st...49483994439680

No penalty. Boo.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3526206)   #333
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Can't say I agree with that one. Yes Lancaster had nowhere to go and once he got on the kerbs he couldn't steer out of the way, but he wasn't being squeezed by Gommendy - he put the car on the inside of the TDS (with more than half the car inside the white line I add) without being far enough alongside.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3526214)   #334
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they're being very lenient if that's the case. It seemed more like a hopeful lunge to me than a controlled passing move.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3526218)   #335
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dont think any of the investigations over contact today ended in a penalty.

What drivers can be placed together in GTE? 1 gold, silver and bronze or silver, silve, bronze?
Old 11 Apr 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3526237)   #336
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Dont think any of the investigations over contact today ended in a penalty.

What drivers can be placed together in GTE? 1 gold, silver and bronze or silver, silve, bronze?
If ELMS uses the same criteria as WEC GTE Am then it is 1 bronze, plus 1 silver or bronze, plus anything else.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3526238)   #337
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Came to check on what's happening with the collision investigation. Agree that they are very lucky not to get dinged on that in an otherwise great ending to the race.

As for the race as a whole, it was very entertaining but somewhat surprised at how much traffic affected everyone --most passes in the P class required involvement of a GT car or two, usually the Lamborghini or Aston mobile chicanes.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3526244)   #338
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very exciting and dramatic race, the stream wasn't perfect but it was really really good, and the action on track was feisty.

I agree with the lack of penalty for the incident between Lancaster and Tincknell, I thought Tincknell did that to himself getting over the curb when Lancaster was past. The incident with the TDS car was a lot sketchier, because it looked like Lancaster threw something in too deep and basically off the track, and ran out of space because he hadn't left himself any. The angle was not the best for judging though.

I guess it was kind of ironic that it was not miles different from the misunderstanding between Badey in the TDS car and Garofall's P3 earlier in the race, except that the TDS car was on the inside that time and still lost out. Maybe everyone should've been penalized for their contact and everything would be status quo.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3526250)   #339
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
another cracking advertisement for the european le mans series, and a pretty solid crowd there to see it too.

i'm interested to know what people think about racing like your life depends on it like we saw from the guys at the front today. do you think it's a smart idea in such a short series, or should they know when to sit down and take the points?
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3526258)   #340
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

i'm interested to know what people think about racing like your life depends on it like we saw from the guys at the front today. do you think it's a smart idea in such a short series, or should they know when to sit down and take the points?
I think we all know the answer to that question, but none of us are trying to impress LMP1 or manufacturer GTE bosses who happen to be on the same bill...

It's the motor sport equivalent of busking outside Simon Cowell's office.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3526260)   #341
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back from a long day at Silverstone... Really good ELMS race, a big shame about Lancaster's lunge at the end, he was very lucky to get off without a penalty imho, and Thiriet can feel justifiably aggrieved.

RLM was complaining about that long safety car period and why full course yellow wasn't used, I really hope they try it tomorrow rather than compromise the WEC race in a similar situation.

New cars look good, esp the P2 coupes and the P3 Ginetta, which somehow manages to combine both classic and modern looks really nicely.

Plenty of spectators too.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3526264)   #342
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think I'd prefer to win individual races than have a consistent but unspectacular run to the championship.

Five races is not long enough for the creme to consistently rise to the top. The championship could easily come down to the vagaries of who had the most minor placings or DNFs and not be a true reflection of who the standout performers were.

Plus it's more entertaining if they really go for it, and that has to benefit the series as a whole.
Old 11 Apr 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3526267)   #343
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a good day at Silverstone, a very enjoyable race.

I have to say, I've completely changed my mind on te LMP3s, they look good and sound stunning! Glad the Uni of Bolton got a podium!

The BMW Z4 sounds great too.

The Gibson chassis is a great improvement over last year, and the new Thiriet TDS Oreca is a total beauty, pity their race ended badly.

Anyway, using up my Gran's wifi so I'll leave it there for now
Can't wait for WEC tomorrow!
Old 11 Apr 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3526268)   #344
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Five races is not long enough for the creme to consistently rise to the top.
This is my feeling on the issue as well. With the points [obviously] being skewed towards the win, in a short series being consistent means it isn't as easy to make yourself known as it is if you've won a race or two but binned it once as well.

You can make a fast driver <insert beneficial quality here>, but you can't make a <insert beneficial quality here> driver fast ... or something along those lines!

It's also more entertaining, and provides more points for discussion like this one.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3526347)   #345
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew Wirdheim would have a good chance of victory on a circuit where the finishing line is half a lap before the pit crew.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3526369)   #346
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
another cracking advertisement for the european le mans series, and a pretty solid crowd there to see it too.

Fabulous and utterly absorbing race.

Visceral response was mild disappointment when Lancaster and Gommendy came together, but it was that level of commitment that meant that pretty much after the safety car came in it was a legitimate three way fight.

Consensus amongst those I talked to was that Lancaster was faster than Gommendy and at some point in the final three or so laps he was always likely to get past, penalising him and giving the victory to Tincknell, who did not have a faultless run and struggled to get past Lancaster, wouldn't have been the 'right' call.

I'd rather they didn't make contact, but you can't legislate racing incidents out of existence and still have an entertaining series.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3526510)   #347
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlake27 View Post
I knew Wirdheim would have a good chance of victory on a circuit where the finishing line is half a lap before the pit crew.

Heh heh
Old 13 Apr 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3526837)   #348
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here our race report from the race:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2015/w....php?sec=r3lmp

Including an extensive Gallery:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2015/w...al=Rennen_ELMS

And finally some race-statistics:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2015/w...al=Statistiken

Old 13 Apr 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3526845)   #349
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spectacularly scary photo there
Old 13 Apr 2015, 05:43 (Ref:3526875)   #350
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those new Gibsons are really fast.