Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2003, 12:17 (Ref:614665)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only trouble with that is that there is only 3 years between 92 and 95 and 6 between 95 and 01! Nevertheless, I know what you mean. If I remember rightly, it rained at the start of LM in 87 as well, so that at least gives you your 5 years to 192!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 11:45 (Ref:620373)   #27
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
weather
I hope this works
weather for the next two weeks
Old 4 Jun 2003, 12:40 (Ref:620452)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Well, this looks good, isn't it ? IMG]http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif[/IMG]
Old 4 Jun 2003, 20:37 (Ref:621047)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just had a quick look at the long range forcast from the link that Fab has given above -

14/6
Mostly cloudy.
High 21° C / RF 21° C. Low 11° C / RF 16° C. Max. UV 4.

15/6
Mainly cloudy.
High 18° C / RF 19° C. Low 9° C / RF 13° C. Max. UV 5.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:13 (Ref:621097)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pescarolo vs. Courage

I'm having computer trouble...I'll post the meat if this thread if this works

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:621128)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to hear about your PC problems are sorted out - but this thread is about the weather, not rear wings or am I missing something :confused: :confused:
Old 5 Jun 2003, 05:24 (Ref:621403)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Good to hear about your PC problems are sorted out - but this thread is about the weather, not rear wings or am I missing something :confused: :confused:
It is indeed ; I deleted Tim posts here, as he succedeed to open a specific thread... and I moved Pirenzo answer (sorry Pirenzo ) to the appropriate thread...

Last edited by Fab; 5 Jun 2003 at 05:29.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:51 (Ref:621821)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now to comment on the weather:

Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:53 (Ref:621822)   #34
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The extended forecast for cloudy weather and comfortable temps will be excellent for the cars, the engines, the tires and the fans....

The rain forecast for the first quals day does not look promising, but Thursday looks a little better....

Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:58 (Ref:621911)   #35
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
That 14 day link from Nordic is now saying partial sunshine and warm (26 centigrade) for racedays - Lets hope they are right!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:09 (Ref:621921)   #36
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At this stage I wouldn't mind if the drivers needed water-wings. I wanna be at Le Mans now......
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:11 (Ref:621923)   #37
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Unless my math stinks, that is about 78-80 F, isn't it??

Nice weather, unless it is humid...the cars won't like temps & humidity like that, but the fans sure will!!!

Sure beats the "R" word...I promote an outdoor summer concert series each year that runs from the 1st day of Summer in June through Labor Day (early Sept.) in the States...

Rain is a "Four-Letter Obscenity" to me at this time of the year...

Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:13 (Ref:621926)   #38
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
But water wings makes for slower and very difficult racing....

Otherwise, I agree...next week can't come too soon!!!!

Been a long stretch between Sebring and LM unless the rain-fest at Estoril and the German race with 8 cars could count as races)

Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:31 (Ref:621944)   #39
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Another good site is http://www.weather.com/

It was looking clear for the whole of next week, but now there is possible rain and thunderstorms as late as Thursday. The weekend is still clear, but the potential for shower or storm is there...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:621989)   #40
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just returned from France, and I enjoyed 29ºC sunny days. How I wish it will be the same in one week at LM.... (one week, !!!!)
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:18 (Ref:622049)   #41
Lancs Se7en
Rookie

Lancs Se7en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its gonna be cooler than last year or 2000. Some cloud all over the weekend, temps around 18 - 20C. Maybe a splash of rain but nothing like 2001.

signed

M Fish ( what wind, who said anything about wind, not me)
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:10 (Ref:622189)   #42
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
thanks to a friend of mine for the link, other weather predictions here

semms good to me
Old 6 Jun 2003, 05:34 (Ref:622505)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Wonderful Bernard, this is great !
Old 6 Jun 2003, 08:42 (Ref:622642)   #44
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look at Acuweather, seems we should pack our rain coats, 19% chance of a thunderstorm on saturday and light rain overnight. But as it is still over a week away we should not read to much into these type of long range forcasts.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 09:01 (Ref:622653)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quite different from a forecast to another, heh ?
Old 6 Jun 2003, 13:53 (Ref:622912)   #46
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I took some meteorology classes in college (weather has always fascinated me)...

AccuWeather forecasting is usually pretty reliable and they are usually more on the mark in the extended forecasts than other services...

However, a little change in one aspect of the atmospheric conditions early in the week can change dramatically what will come along 5 days later...

If you really have a weather concern, AccuWeather is an excellent source to use as you get into next week...

Old 6 Jun 2003, 17:58 (Ref:623067)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Never mind, we want sun !

Old 6 Jun 2003, 18:19 (Ref:623079)   #48
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
We do, too, even if we won't be there...the racing will be that much better...but we want all of our friends who will be there in person to enjoy the experience...rain can put a real damper on that...(no pun intended)

Old 7 Jun 2003, 07:17 (Ref:623613)   #49
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
We do, too, even if we won't be there...
What a shame ! Why don't you ?
Old 7 Jun 2003, 20:47 (Ref:624069)   #50
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just picked a 10 day forcast from www.weather.com

Monday - Partly Cloudy 77°/52°
Tuesday - PM T-Storms 84°/58°
Wednesday - T-Storms 80°/60°
Thrusday - Scattered T-Storms 77°/56°
Friday - Partly Cloudy 78°/56°
Saturdy - Partly Cloudy 78°/57°
Sunday - Partly Cloudy 77°/56°

Well it looking OK - we shall see what happens....