Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3985611)   #101
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wrong thread, sorry.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3985616)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Before Qualifying started, the commentary team on Sky said that race control would get tough on drivers exceeding track limits, so fair enough.
They say that every race weekend.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3985617)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport has a summary of the DAS protest and rejection. An interesting read.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...s-us-about-das
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3985622)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
They say that every race weekend.
There is that but this time it looks like they mean it; makes a change.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3985639)   #105
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No penalty for Hamilton for the Bottas incident; lap time deleted for track limits though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 19.01.37.png
Views:	18
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	62735
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 19.01.48.png
Views:	15
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	62736
Old 4 Jul 2020, 18:14 (Ref:3985641)   #106
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it was certainly worth waiting hours for an utterly irrelevant lap time to be deleted.

I am always a bit uncomfortable when yellow flag offences go unpunished but the reasons seem solid enough here.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3985643)   #107
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Love that those two spectators found their way to that mountain trail road!
I am actually surprised they showed that. Groups of spectators gathering outside of the circuits and not social distancing to try to watch will create problems that might negatively impact events later this year. So why show it happening on the official broadcast as it will only encourage others to replicate? How many will be up there tomorrow or next weekend?

Richard
Old 4 Jul 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3985652)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not sure that was worth waiting for, looks like season is another which mercedes driver finishes first
Old 4 Jul 2020, 19:08 (Ref:3985653)   #109
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Jeez let the race happen first!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3985655)   #110
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well not sure that was worth waiting for, looks like season is another which mercedes driver finishes first
There was always going to be that possibility and after Ferrari's performance today in Qualifying, it looks like Mercedes might have one less potential challenger to deal with. Though not wanting to be glib, let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3985656)   #111
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am actually surprised they showed that. Groups of spectators gathering outside of the circuits and not social distancing to try to watch will create problems that might negatively impact events later this year. So why show it happening on the official broadcast as it will only encourage others to replicate? How many will be up there tomorrow or next weekend?

Richard
It was just two people half way up a mountain but yeah people are crazy. who knows where the line will move to next as a result.

I suppose it could be a bit like Mags' race engineer coming on the radio in order to initiate a setwards investigation...maybe the race director showed this in the hopes the local government would look into the matter.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3985660)   #112
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
It looked like that path was quite a fair way from the track and if you were to get a good view of the actual racing, you would need a pair of binoculars.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3985661)   #113
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It looked like that path was quite a fair way from the track and if you were to get a good view of the actual racing, you would need a pair of binoculars.
Or a helicopter. We never did see how they got there, did we?
Old 4 Jul 2020, 22:57 (Ref:3985693)   #114
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The dirt track they were on probably is a clue. 😁
Old 4 Jul 2020, 23:00 (Ref:3985694)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I get they are far away. But the message to fans is... "Hey look you can watch races from outside the circuit".

Richard
Old 5 Jul 2020, 00:29 (Ref:3985714)   #116
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see your point but in fairness though just having the event is in itself a magnet for some people. Granted the tv director provably should not have shown them.

But imo those two up the mountain were probably some locals with local geography knowledge and access to that mountain trail but i do wonder if anyone/obsessed fan type tried to actually break into the bubble?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 00:34 (Ref:3985716)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Before Qualifying started, the commentary team on Sky said that race control would get tough on drivers exceeding track limits, so fair enough.
And they sent Maylander around to show the line that couldn't be crossed just to illustrate it.

It looked to me like Lewis was close at 10 in that last lap, thought he was off but I thought F1 was white line to white line, and obviously not given the stay on the curbs. I think the yellows were worked out by the track limits and the stewards may have decided to use the lesser penalty.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 01:35 (Ref:3985727)   #118
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...tocol-reminder

Vettel, Horner and Marko to be banned from F1 events!
Old 5 Jul 2020, 01:43 (Ref:3985732)   #119
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Maybe, they were dropped in by the TV helicopter, to see how easily someone can access the outer track perimeter, during the pandemic?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 02:06 (Ref:3985738)   #120
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Is there any doubt now, that ferrari had a dodgy engine last year? Only 19th fastest on the straights.....
I didn't want to pass up on this line of thinking. As others have noted, its not just Ferrari, but all Ferrari powered cars. It may be a tough season for Ferrari, Haas and Alfa Romeo. Is the Ferrari power unit now behind everyone else?

Richard
Old 5 Jul 2020, 05:27 (Ref:3985748)   #121
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Ferrari
Agreed, shocking unless they get on top of this very quickly, it will descend into the usual Ferrari political meltdown. As the late Clive James said, Ferrari don't win as much as they should because they are too busy competing with themselves...

As they said in the Q comm on Sky, Ferrari have not been as competitive since they allegedly removed from the engine whatver it was that the FIA didn't like and about which no one was ever told (that was shocking in itself) and clearly haven't been able to re-engineer in other ways.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 05:32 (Ref:3985749)   #122
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ricciardo takes the prize for the first proper moan over the radio, "there was a yellow for nothing" despite Bottas facing the wrong way on the grass.
Should be having a crack at his team for putting all their eggs in the one lap shot at qualifying basket. When you do that, you invite someone doing something to run your run.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3985754)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bottas once again proving his pace over one lap. Max closest challenger to Merc and what a lap by Lando. Ferrari really need to sort their car out
Old 5 Jul 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3985761)   #124
uesugi kenshin
Rookie

uesugi kenshin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bottas once again proving his pace over one lap. Max closest challenger to Merc and what a lap by Lando. Ferrari really need to sort their car out
WOW! were do you get all this amazing information from ?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3985762)   #125
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by uesugi kenshin View Post
WOW! were do you get all this amazing information from ?