Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Aug 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2267673)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans Design Thread

Hello.
I though this forum need a place to put our drawings or ideas to how future Le Mans cars will look, or just funny ideas with them!
Doesn't matter how it's made, it can be drawn in hand, in paint, made with Photoshop, or any other method!.
Hope you all will be interested in this .

I have 2 idea's. One which i created a long time ago on another forum, and the other i posted here on this forum a couple of months ago!

This is the old one, it was meant as a quick fix to the original Pescarolo car, so it better could compete against the Audi and Peugeot.

This one i made as my bid to a new Audi Lmp Coupe!, i posted it sometime ago in this forum!....
I have also made a 2010 Merc (with my head on the upcoming regulations), but it still needs work!
Old 12 Aug 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2267809)   #2
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh.
Nice idea. I did have sketches, but i probably binned them.
I'm always doing my 2-D sketches to fill time.

Probably not worthy of this forum
Old 12 Aug 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2267837)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Why not ..... I think its interesting to see what folk might come up with . Much like what designers come up with , except they are within the rules , most of the time .

See if you can do a rendering of a Dome S102 without a roof , or a Lola Coupe with a massive turbo inlet snorkel . You could even have a go at making the Lavaggi look nicer , and im not having a dig a Lavaggi either . The car is a bit of a disaster , but you still gotta hand it to the man .

I would give it a go , but im computer illiterate !!! ..... stupid in other words .

Last edited by The Badger; 12 Aug 2008 at 13:58.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 14:37 (Ref:2267859)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dome S102 without a roof?, wouldn't that just be the old 101.5 .
And i think the Turbo inlet would destroy the car!, they are big enough on the rear wheel arch!... but if i find time, it could be fun to redesign the "Lego" car, (as RLM out it last year at Barcelona!). Eventhou it's going to be hard to make the huge nose pretty
Old 12 Aug 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2267882)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even without the badges, you immediately know the second car is an Audi.

How about a Jaguar P1 next with XKR lights and grille?
Old 13 Aug 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2268538)   #6
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Figured I might post a couple of things i've been mucking around with in 3ds Max. None of these are really finished, you tend to loose enthusiasm for an idea once its no longer new and fresh

Modern version of the Allard J2X, wouldn't be anywhere near legal under current rules though:

The beginnings of a Ferrari Enzo LMP, basically a lower, wider Enzo with a more narrow cockpit:

And a 3d version of CTD's Audi concept, haven't progressed too far on this one yet though:

Old 14 Aug 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2268844)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Even without the badges, you immediately know the second car is an Audi.

How about a Jaguar P1 next with XKR lights and grille?
Maybe!, my time is short handed right now, just started in school again, taking a driver licesens, working and having a girlfriend who is doing all the same things!, so it's close with time!, but see what i can do

I like the Allard!, really nice work!, but isn't the aerodynamics very aggresive? like the Audi!, hope it turn out nice (please remember to state my real name for the original design )
Old 15 Aug 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2269644)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Well im done with a Mercedes Lmp1 Coupe!
and done a quick one with the Jag!
all i need now is a scanner!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2271333)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I like the Allard .

If I could do drawings like that , I would be happy . Well done .

Dont know if you would get away with the 3 planes on the front body , might be viewed as an aero device which as far as I know isnt legal . But Porsche seem to get away with it with their LMP2 cat , on the sidepods .

Hope you find the scanner soon . Good luck with the licence .
Old 22 Nov 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2339775)   #10
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I gave up the Scanner search!, simply cant afford one good enough, which doesn't take up too much space!
So here is the Mercedes i drew in August taken with my webcam (so its mirrored, and the back end look smaller)
Old 23 Nov 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2340161)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Dome S102 without a roof?, wouldn't that just be the old 101.5 .

Or,

DomeS102 without a roof?, wouldn't that be ruining a great looking car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage
Modern version of the Allard J2X, wouldn't be anywhere near legal under current rules though:
Bally good looker thoiugh!
Old 23 Nov 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2340251)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

Well done CTD ..... thats a smart looking car . Now all you got to do is convince Benz to race it !!!

I like what you done with the cockpit .
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2340342)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Thanks!.
Hmm. anybody got Norbert Haugs email?
perhaps i should make an Guarantee of "No flight"
Old 24 Nov 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2340890)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No Red Bull sponsorship in sight then.....?
Old 24 Nov 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2340952)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Hmm what do you mean?
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2342098)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Hmm what do you mean?
Red Bull gives you wings

I'd love to take up a bit of sketching again, haven't done it for so long. Just for a giggle I'd try a Lada GT1 car...
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2342099)   #17
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Red Bull gives you wings

I'd love to take up a bit of sketching again, haven't done it for so long. Just for a giggle I'd try a Lada GT1 car...
You do that, and I'll do the Hindustan GT3 I proposed earlier in the season...
Old 26 Nov 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2342121)   #18
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My next sketch will be a LMP 1 2011 car...

not no who (BRAND) design... i accept proposals

But first I need to with my Friends
Old 26 Nov 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2342181)   #19
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba
My next sketch will be a LMP 1 2011 car...

not no who (BRAND) design... i accept proposals

But first I need to with my Friends
Hindustan?
Old 26 Nov 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2342264)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Who's Hindu Stan?
Old 26 Nov 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2342290)   #21
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I´m sory but who is Hindustan?

Please show me a picture, i promise I will think about it
Old 26 Nov 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2342308)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Hindustan Ambassador:

Old 26 Nov 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2342386)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Nice!, if i ever find time, ill do a Hindustan Lmp 1 Coupe
Old 26 Nov 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2342444)   #24
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
I can only promisse you that I will try
Old 29 Nov 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2343792)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Hindustan Ambassador:

Is that the new R15 ?

Flower power ..... the greenies will like that one , as it runs on essence of dandylion extract !!!