Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Nov 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2328115)   #451
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Also there is this interesting snippet (translation is obviously a bit lost*):

Gibberish translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=fr&tl=en

"that leads him not to call into question the participation Charouz Racing System Le Mans Series despite the absence of the Brno circuit in the program of the championship. "We had promised Peter and Patrick shook hands with me to enter the market, then he called me to tell me that Peugeot, Audi and Michelin did not want the number of rounds increases, which I can understand."

So no Brno then

* "Peter and Patrick"? I guess this means Patrick Peter, GM of LMS

Last edited by deggis; 4 Nov 2008 at 19:15.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2328116)   #452
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The V12 motor has no future in P1 it seems, so the GT2 V8 or a purpose built race engine seems to be the way to go long term (2011) in P1.
But 'future' starts 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt
but what happened to Aston Martin? They speak a lot about an LMP program, and now nothing appears???
This financial crap, GT rules clarified, bad time to build new car because of 2011 LMP rules... plenty of reasons for change of mind.

Last word from anyone at AMR is from September:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....4&postcount=28

Last edited by deggis; 4 Nov 2008 at 19:18.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2328123)   #453
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
But 'future' starts 2011.
2011 is when everyone has to switch, but by 2010 some of these news cars may already be up and running.

We've seen how easy it was to balance P1 and P2 in the ALMS, so I would think the ACO would ensure a new gen P1 would be competitive in 2010, same goes for P2 runners using GT2 engines.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2328141)   #454
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
2011 is when everyone has to switch, but by 2010 some of these news cars may already be up and running.
May or may not. I just meant there is still two more years to go with the current engine.

Quote:
We've seen how easy it was to balance P1 and P2 in the ALMS, so I would think the ACO would ensure a new gen P1 would be competitive in 2010, same goes for P2 runners using GT2 engines.
If that happens, it might open a huge can of worms.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2328159)   #455
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its Official!
Racing Box as 2 Lola B08/80 (Official website) for LMP2 campaign in LMS
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2328163)   #456
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
[quote=deggis](...)then he called me to tell me that Peugeot, Audi and Michelin did not want the number of rounds increases (...)"

What?? If they don't want it, don't run it... let the team who want no make more round do them!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2328169)   #457
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The V12 motor has no future in P1 it seems, so the GT2 V8 or a purpose built race engine seems to be the way to go long term (2011) in P1.
According to Murphy the new rules will allow multiple configurations, so we will still have V10s and V12s, but they'll be no bigger than 3.4l
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2328173)   #458
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That still rules out the Aston Martin V12 or Chevy V8, while Judd, AER and Zytek all offer more compact P2 engines.

I could see older P1 engines being grandfathered for a year or two with smaller restrictors, but if you only lease an engine, why not switch to the suppliers P2 motor?

It will be interesting to see if anyone offers an off the shelf KERS package apart from Zytek, as that piece of equipment would appear crucial if you're to be competitive.

Last edited by JAG; 4 Nov 2008 at 20:20.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2328238)   #459
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt
Its Official!
Racing Box as 2 Lola B08/80 (Official website) for LMP2 campaign in LMS

i wonder what they can get in terms of engine ..

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Nov 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2328240)   #460
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i wonder what they can get in terms of engine ..
Mazda perhaps?
Old 4 Nov 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2328250)   #461
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda yeah.. Should be up for graps at a reasonable price..
Old 5 Nov 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2328472)   #462
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
EI are reporting that Racing Box have 2 Lola B08 coupe's , one for the gentlemen and the other for the pros . ..... good news indeed .
Old 5 Nov 2008, 10:38 (Ref:2328555)   #463
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This is likely to have a number of side-effects for the unhappy team. There are rumours that a deal between Force India and Mercedes will result in the departure from the team of Colin Kolles, who is understood to be less than popular in Mercedes-Benz circles. Kolles has run Mercedes-Benz engines in Formula 3 in the past but in recent years has been closer to rival firm Audi, which is headquartered in Kolles's home town of Ingolstadt. Kolles has been running a pair of Audis in the DTM in recent years and there are rumours that he is now looking to expand that programme to run an Audi-engined sports car in the Le Mans Series.
Source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20961.html

"Audi engined"
So it's not the R10 but a xxx chassis with an Audi engine (like Swiss Spirit with their Lola-Audi)

Last edited by FIRE; 5 Nov 2008 at 10:44.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2328596)   #464
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, it could also be a GT2 version of a R8, should that transpire.

However, it is a bit sad that Kolles TME continues to run halfhearted programs, instead of putting all in. But its all up to the wallet of the drivers.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2328955)   #465
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spyker then...
Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2329005)   #466
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Is it just me or does DSC's reporting of the whole Charouz / Aston Martin affair smack of wistful what might have been?

The impression I got was that we may well have seen the last of the Lola Astons, certainly in their current guise, and that this was largely down to a failure to see eye-to-eye.

Personally I'm mystified about what Charouz are proposing to run that will be genuinely quicker than their 2008 package.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2329006)   #467
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Source: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20961.html

"Audi engined"
So it's not the R10 but a xxx chassis with an Audi engine (like Swiss Spirit with their Lola-Audi)
Hmm Lmp2 Lola Coupe with the race car R8 engine?
Or a Lmp2 Lola Coupe with a GT2 prepared R8 engine?.
I don't think the R10 Diesel is up for grabs!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2329021)   #468
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous
Spyker then...
My thoughts exactly. The other ideads sound more interesting, but this seems like the most likely outcome.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2329023)   #469
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Is it just me or does DSC's reporting of the whole Charouz / Aston Martin affair smack of wistful what might have been?

The impression I got was that we may well have seen the last of the Lola Astons, certainly in their current guise, and that this was largely down to a failure to see eye-to-eye.

Personally I'm mystified about what Charouz are proposing to run that will be genuinely quicker than their 2008 package.
The Lola-Aston car was one of the best petrol powered cars this season. Assuming Charouz has the budget for a LMS & Le Mans campaign like this year it makes no sense to drop the Lola-Aston. If Charouz switches to another customer car they are normally less competative. So did he a deal with Audi, Peugeot or Acura?

About Aston Martin. Their engine will be less powerful next season thanks to the ACO. Would that maybe a reason for not continue their LMP1 project?
Old 5 Nov 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2329026)   #470
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Epsilon-Euskadi is interested in Jos Verstappen for next season.
Source: Verstappen @ http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?n...ikel&nid=13292

Team owner Joan Villadelprat knows Verstappen from their time at Benetton.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2329046)   #471
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Lola-Aston car was one of the best petrol powered cars this season. Assuming Charouz has the budget for a LMS & Le Mans campaign like this year it makes no sense to drop the Lola-Aston. If Charouz switches to another customer car they are normally less competative. So did he a deal with Audi, Peugeot or Acura?
Acura, might be a really good guess!
If AMR is stopping in Lmp1, or going solo, and Acura want a european based team with a lot of experince, then Acura and Charouz might be a good match!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2329131)   #472
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Acura, might be a really good guess!
If AMR is stopping in Lmp1, or going solo, and Acura want a european based team with a lot of experince, then Acura and Charouz might be a good match!
The issue with that, and to be honest a lot of what is being reported as being Charouz related, is that Charouz fundamentally isn't a team with lots of experience. In 2007 it was basically the old Jota squad then in 2008 it was Prodrive providing a lot of the personnel.

That's not to say they've got ability in pulling together a package, and given the folding of the likes of Embassy that there aren't people out there, but given Acura will be supporting a full on ALMS campaign and probably don't have European based staff to support it I'd be surprised if Charouz and Acura ended up together.

My skepticism is reinforced by Antonin Charouz's comments about possibly running three cars. If these were Lola-Astons I could see it being possible, but I struggle to see anything else that would allow him to do so.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2329210)   #473
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
My skepticism is reinforced by Antonin Charouz's comments about possibly running three cars. If these were Lola-Astons I could see it being possible, but I struggle to see anything else that would allow him to do so.
Hmm, there should be a number of 908s around by now. And quite feankly, the only existing upgrade from the Aston is right now a full factory car. I'm with you in ruling out Acura, so that leaves us with Audi or Peugeot.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2329255)   #474
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could this all be as simple as Charouz running the DBR9 GT1s and maybe a V8 Vantage GT2 at Le Mans? Remember, Mucke was in the V8 Vantage in FIA GT.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2329359)   #475
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Hmm, there should be a number of 908s around by now
Yeah , with a severe lack of parts . If something like that was to happen , I hope Pug would be more prepared for customer support , than they were prepared for themselves this year , with top bollok drivers .