Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Apr 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2450074)   #1601
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone have any news on the James Watts Aston Martins?
Old 27 Apr 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2450488)   #1602
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
Hope the tub isn't damaged.....
I hope it isn't, too!.
But it look really damaged, and could be twisted!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2450627)   #1603
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its a carbon fibre tub , so I dont think it can twist and remain twisted ..... if it twists that much I reckon it snaps instead or delaminates . If its not badly damaged , a new section can be grafted on back at the Lola HQ .
Old 27 Apr 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2450680)   #1604
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its a carbon fibre tub , so I dont think it can twist and remain twisted ..... if it twists that much I reckon it snaps instead or delaminates . If its not badly damaged , a new section can be grafted on back at the Lola HQ .
I believe it was in 2007, where Tom K's Audi R10 crashed and the Tub got twisted or somehow weakened, so they had to race an 06 Tub at Sebring!. But of course, if its somehow damaged, it can be fixed by Lola!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2450690)   #1605
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The latest notes on DSC say the car was stripped down immediately and sent back to Lola.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2452759)   #1606
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there any special reason why the Calendar has Algarve in early August when it's blistering hot and Silverstone in September when it starts to cool down?

Living in Portugal, I know that during that time of the year, you do get a lot of tourists in Algarve so maybe they think they'll be able to convince a lot of Dutch, Germans and English to purchase tickets while they're sunbathing.

Other than that reason I can't find any other reason. It could wreak havoc on the cars.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2452765)   #1607
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Is there any special reason why the Calendar has Algarve in early August when it's blistering hot and Silverstone in September when it starts to cool down?

Living in Portugal, I know that during that time of the year, you do get a lot of tourists in Algarve so maybe they think they'll be able to convince a lot of Dutch, Germans and English to purchase tickets while they're sunbathing.

Other than that reason I can't find any other reason. It could wreak havoc on the cars.
Perhaps it was when the tracks was available!?.
Other i think your last sentence gives an Ok explanation?. The possibility of exiting race, in form of troubles with reliability, if you run our car to fast!?
Old 30 Apr 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2452771)   #1608
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Perhaps it was when the tracks was available!?.
Other i think your last sentence gives an Ok explanation?. The possibility of exiting race, in form of troubles with reliability, if you run our car to fast!?
From the calendar, the track seems free September (1st and last weekends) and the first weekend of October but, of course, the site might not be complete.

It can get into the high 30s, low 40s at that time of year, if the weather is good (if we get a good summer this year and with all the rain falling in the spring, that could just happen). Those temperatures probably wouldn't help most cars.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2452786)   #1609
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that the race in Portugal will start at 8pm and run into the night (2am max).

Doubt it will be that hot by then
Old 30 Apr 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2452808)   #1610
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Mind you that the race in Portugal will start at 8pm and run into the night (2am max).

I thought it was starting about 5 pm local?

thanks,
Carol
Old 30 Apr 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2452881)   #1611
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Ok, that would explain alot haha. I had no idea. It shouldn't be too hot at that time.
Should make for nice racing.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2452985)   #1612
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And that is precisely the reason why... Patrick Peter pointed that out and the 2009 schedule was announced. The race is by night don't forget...
Old 1 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2453628)   #1613
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It can get into the high 30s, low 40s at that time of year, if the weather is good (if we get a good summer this year and with all the rain falling in the spring, that could just happen). Those temperatures probably wouldn't help most cars.
Algarve does not see that kind of weather, at least not on the coast line.

If the track was in Tras-os-Montes or in the middle of Alentejo (where it reached 50.ºC in the 2001 Summer Heat Wave), then yes I'd be worried (mind you, the Vila Real races will be one week before and it will be hot as hell! )
Old 1 May 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2453637)   #1614
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race won't start as late as 20:00 btw, this is what the LMS website says about it:

Quote:
The particularity of this round: it will be a night race! Starting by the end of the afternoon, under a milder temperature, in August in Portugal, it will finish by the middle of the night. What for a good opportunity to create, during one week-end, the Le Mans atmosphere for the Portuguese and the tourists who are very numerous at this season!
Sounds like a 18:00 start, and lasting untill about midnight.
Old 1 May 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2453639)   #1615
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the RML press release after their pre-season Portimao test:

Quote:
The third round of the 2009 Le Mans Series will be staged at the Algarve circuit at the beginning of August, and will feature the season’s only night race. The start is scheduled for 8:00pm, running through to around two o’clock in the morning.
Old 1 May 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2453658)   #1616
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well which ever it's going to be, should be fun either way.
Old 1 May 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2453847)   #1617
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
Sounds like a 18:00 start, and lasting untill about midnight.
The track Manager talked here in Portugal, when the race was confirmed, that it would start at 18:30.
Old 1 May 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2453899)   #1618
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, its rumored that Poissenot and Perdrix have been ousted at Automobile Club de l'Ouest Sport (?). Suprised that this is not all that wide spread!

L.P.
Old 1 May 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2453912)   #1619
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
To be fair there's a whole load of stuff in the source I suspect you're working from that a lot of people are working to digest.

I'd counsel that while that ursine source is often prescient, he's often the first to admit that it is scurrilous and unpublishable material he trades in.

Regarding a palace coup in the ACO? One wonder why - their feeder series is healthy, entries for this year are holding up, and they seem to be defying the wider doom and gloom associated with the economy.

Obviously there's seldom smoke without some semblance of fire, and often the most leftfield of stories can come true, but I'm currently scratching my head a little on this one.
Old 7 May 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2457204)   #1620
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
DSC are reporting that the remainder of the LMS will be fully covered by RLM ..... thats brilliant news indeed .
Old 7 May 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2457234)   #1621
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Radio Le Mans can turn into Television Le Mans, that would be even better
Old 9 May 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2458694)   #1622
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, its rumored that Poissenot and Perdrix have been ousted at Automobile Club de l'Ouest Sport (?). Suprised that this is not all that wide spread!

Seems there was not a coup d'état at the palace, only a re-org!

L.P.
Old 10 May 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2458869)   #1623
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On RLM there was some talk of Aston Martin running three cars at Le Mans and beyond (Silverstone?), and a desire to demonstrate the pace of the car with a strong driving crew.

I would have thought they'd only be doing this to either demonstrate the current car to potential customers or attract future investors in order to develop a 100% Aston Martin LMP1.

Also, when discussing Chris Dyson's Le Mans drive with RML, and the sharing of data between RML/Dyson/Mazda, there was a hint of Dyson Racing possibly coming to Le Mans in 2010.
Old 11 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2460214)   #1624
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
A question....

i saw just now the teams classification an i saw some negative poits over there? What is going on? Gess i missed something...
Old 11 May 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2460230)   #1625
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
A question....

i saw just now the teams classification an i saw some negative poits over there? What is going on? Gess i missed something...
Not sure what the reason for all of the -points are, but, for RML it was the fact that they changed out an engine without meeting the time criteria even though it was a failure caused by the pis-poor fuel!!!

L.P.