Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jul 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2496744)   #1651
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christian Bakkerud will miss out on the Oschersleben DTM race, and drive the Team Kolles R10 at Portimão.

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 6 Jul 2009 at 18:50.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2496751)   #1652
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Aslak ..... havent seen you about in ages . Hope your fine mate .

What was the after race party like at Le mans ? I bet Kölles didnt expect that result ?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2496760)   #1653
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Hey mate!

The after race party was excellent, we started out by popping the champaign. But actually we ran 5 and 6 during the night, until we had a few issues. The Team Kolles did extremely well

Thank you!
Old 6 Jul 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2496899)   #1654
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Are you sure that's not English Understatement?

8^)
Old 6 Jul 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2496936)   #1655
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
LAA #72 (C6R-004) was repaired at P&M and will be on the grid for the Algarve round
L.P.
Wow, that was quick work, having sent the car to the US and back again.

DK
Old 7 Jul 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2497522)   #1656
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Are you sure that's not English Understatement?

8^)
I am SO proud of the guys
Old 15 Jul 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2502232)   #1657
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fonsi Gonzlaez Nieto, former motorbikes driver, will drive for Hache Team at Portimao. Maxi Costés and Carmen Jordá will be driving too the Spaniard Lucchini-Judd.

Source: www.sportmotores.es
Old 17 Jul 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2503291)   #1658
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Dawson has been out in his ECO PROJECT LMP1 Radical Diesel at Snetterton today ( 17th July ) - things did not go to plan - see photo's !! Fire halfway down Revett Straight
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40517800@N07
Old 17 Jul 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2503478)   #1659
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Had an email from Ian ealier - all is well - small oil fire
Old 17 Jul 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2503483)   #1660
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to hear, that!

L.P.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2503730)   #1661
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to hear the car is still getting some track time. Hopefully it'll come back over the the States before the season is out.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2503772)   #1662
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That car has more air miles on it than track time !!!
Old 18 Jul 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2503855)   #1663
johnyardley
Rookie

johnyardley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
It's a very small team with an even smaller budget doing diesel since 2004 which is about 2 years before the 'big boys' started.
Good on ya Ian !!

John
Old 20 Jul 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2505148)   #1664
amdb7gt
Rookie

England
elland, west yorkshire
amdb7gt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone else going to watch the LMS race at Portimao at the end of the month or will I have the place to myself?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2505204)   #1665
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I will probably go with Team Kolles and Christian Bakkerud.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2505743)   #1666
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyardley View Post
Hi,
It's a very small team with an even smaller budget doing diesel since 2004 which is about 2 years before the 'big boys' started.
Good on ya Ian !!

John
And exactly how much race time or track time has the project had in five years ?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2505762)   #1667
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shh, don't bring up pesky little things like details!

Hey, I admire Ian Dawson for trying and all that, but let's be honest...trying to climb a mountain in flipflops is always going to be difficult, but is only guaranteed to be impossible when you never leave camp.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2506341)   #1668
The Badger
Veteran

I respect Ian Dawson too but ..... Im just wondering what exactly is the whole point of the project . Especially when someone mentions that they have been at diesel for the last 5 years , and 2 before Audi .

So what exactly has five years of developmant proven so far ? A holiday to Sebring for the car , and what else ?

If I was forking out wedge for this , I would expect to see results within 5 years ..... or is my business sense somewhat out of focus ?
Old 23 Jul 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2506704)   #1669
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in agreeance with badger here, they have been at it for 5 years now and with no results to boot, constant reliability issues begs the question, why are they bothering?
i honestly cant see the point and i think the money would be much better spent elsewere for the team, such as a new car with a judd engine (Oreca, Pescarolo, Lola Coupe).
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2506833)   #1670
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I respect Ian Dawson too but ..... Im just wondering what exactly is the whole point of the project . Especially when someone mentions that they have been at diesel for the last 5 years , and 2 before Audi .

So what exactly has five years of developmant proven so far ? A holiday to Sebring for the car , and what else ?

If I was forking out wedge for this , I would expect to see results within 5 years ..... or is my business sense somewhat out of focus ?
No, that's exactly what I was getting at!
Old 23 Jul 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2506871)   #1671
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Not an excuse, but. I believe a big part of it was the tie in with the Jatropha biodiesel fuel venture that seems to have gone up in smoke! Here Which is a shame as I really wanted to see a privateer diesel effort make the grid. Hope to see the team in the future on a grid somewhere!

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2506910)   #1672
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Rehashing things many times now, but from my perspective Dawson's diesel project is far more memorable than many other mid-grid efforts. It's got that whole tilting at windmills diversity that makes sportscars fantastic. Genuinely hope I get to see the Radical on track at some stage and wish them all the best.

If it was my money, I'd like to think I'd choose the quirky over conventional any day of the week.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2506920)   #1673
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Rehashing things many times now, but from my perspective Dawson's diesel project is far more memorable than many other mid-grid efforts. It's got that whole tilting at windmills diversity that makes sportscars fantastic. Genuinely hope I get to see the Radical on track at some stage and wish them all the best.

If it was my money, I'd like to think I'd choose the quirky over conventional any day of the week.
EXACTLY my thoughts as well.

The more independent quirky teams the better.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2506932)   #1674
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
EXACTLY my thoughts as well.

The more independent quirky teams the better.
more quirky teams the better but it helps if they will actually show up and race!

no point in a quirky race car when we done get to see it run in anger or run at all methinks, and i think many will agree with me on that one.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 00:26 (Ref:2506940)   #1675
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
more quirky teams the better but it helps if they will actually show up and race!

no point in a quirky race car when we done get to see it run in anger or run at all methinks, and i think many will agree with me on that one.

And many don't.
Just how much skin off your nard sac did it take for them to try and make the grid? They displaced no one. They have honestly tried, and made the grid at Laguna. Would everyone, including the ECO team, want for more and better? Yes. But this portrait, of an act of betrayal on their part, is ludicrous. IMO of course.

L.P.