Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1030021)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New ACO rules

The ACO have had a chat with the Tour De France's rule makers following the success of the team time trail on yesterday's stage.

Tour

The idea is that the maximum time loss any time can suffer is relative to there postion, ie. If you come in 2nd about 30 sec is all you lose to the fastest team, all the way down to about 3mins for the slowest, regardless of the actual time difference between you and the winner.

The ACO have decided on a more simple solution, no matter how many times next years leading Audi's lap the rest of the field the maximum will be pegged at 2 laps for a French car & 3 laps for all the rest.

A spokesman for the ACO is reported as saying 'this should ensure a courage is within 2 laps of the winning car at the finnish. It is much simplier than Ballast or other complex stuff'

Last edited by Nordic; 8 Jul 2004 at 10:35.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1030027)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you been on the Red Wine again Nordic..........
Old 8 Jul 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1030143)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The ACO Rules, OK........

Old 8 Jul 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1030723)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 for a french car and 3 for others? what the hey?
why doesn't a french manufacturer pony up and give Courage a bit more power than this
shenaningans i say!!!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 23:13 (Ref:1030776)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Somehow, that sounds wrong. The Audis will lap some cars 100 or more times, and people will be able to see that in the long run. This will be more confusing, and it sounds like a load of well, you get the idea, anyway.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1030807)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I think the ACO should adopt some of the laws of cricket. That would make much more sense!

FG
Old 9 Jul 2004, 00:20 (Ref:1030829)   #7
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guys, i think he was joking...
Old 9 Jul 2004, 05:04 (Ref:1030948)   #8
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
the problem is : if ACO reads this, they could take it seriously ...
Old 9 Jul 2004, 07:30 (Ref:1031014)   #9
FG1
Veteran

Well I wasn't joking. I think LBW and the googlie are perfect for motorsport. Perhaps though they should be introduced in F1 first.

FG
Old 9 Jul 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1031159)   #10
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Cricket idea appeals, Lunch & tea breaks, a race that could last days unless it rains........

Yes I was joking, the trouble is all the Tour de France teams did as well until they read the rules never say never.

Last edited by Nordic; 9 Jul 2004 at 11:03.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1031362)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Well I wasn't joking. I think LBW and the googlie are perfect for motorsport. Perhaps though they should be introduced in F1 first.

FG

I think they already have been.......

Either that or they've adopted some football strategies. Every team except Ferrari are playing at (might as well have) left back (home).....
Old 10 Jul 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1032446)   #12
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
The Cricket idea appeals, Lunch & tea breaks, a race that could last days unless it rains........
Yes, fives days in particularly appealing! That was high on my list.

FG
Old 11 Jul 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1033128)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Don't forget the maximum is 2 laps for French car, and then one lap less than that for every French driver in the car.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1033133)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, with three French drivers on board..........

Hey, we won after all!!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 16:41 (Ref:1033237)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid