Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Jul 2023, 00:04 (Ref:4167998)   #1501
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Glickenhaus’ future in question. From sportscar 365:

Quote:
Glickenhaus could disappear from the FIA World Endurance Championship grid after the end of this season if the team fails to secure funding to upgrade its Le Mans Hypercar.

Team owner Jim Glickenhaus told Sportscar365 that his eponymous team would need “substantial budget” to develop, upgrade and test its LMH car for next year, adding that he has ‘no desire to be cannon fodder’ in the WEC’s growing Hypercar class.
Participation at Fuji and Bahrain this year is also TBD.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4168032)   #1502
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Even if they decide not to compete next year, I do hope we see them at least complete this season so they can get a proper send off
Old 12 Jul 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4168042)   #1503
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Cannon fodder now Not only its a complete lack of respect for himself but for the engineers, mechanics and drivers and other people involved in this project. Mechanics and drivers could talk about monkey money and price of risk I think. Lets salute his coomunication skills, with two words he can insult a large part of the racing world if not more. He says cannon? Fired!
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:19 (Ref:4168056)   #1504
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Cannon fodder now Not only its a complete lack of respect for himself but for the engineers, mechanics and drivers and other people involved in this project. Mechanics and drivers could talk about monkey money and price of risk I think. Lets salute his coomunication skills, with two words he can insult a large part of the racing world if not more. He says cannon? Fired!
I completely disagree. He's plugged away in the hope of getting a decent result again at Le Mans. We know that's his only real focus. He knows he has no chance unless he can seriously upgrade the car. He runs the car(s) on a budget which is a tiny fraction of those the manufacturers have at their disposal. Personally I never expected Glickenhaus to see out the season, and sadly, I don't expect them to be back at Le Mans in 2024, although I really hope they are. Just because someone is outspoken doesn't mean they're wrong. I don't think he's insulted anyone.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4168061)   #1505
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, to me it sounds like Jim would be happy to continue to run the team but only if they can get an influx of cash to help develop and run the cars next season. I also don't think he is talking about a huge sum of money here. They have shown to be very efficient with the investments they have made so far.

I'm surprised there hasn't been somebody with a small fortune wanting to drive at the top level take on this project. Maybe that person doesn't exist and maybe banning bronze drivers from the class has reduced the pool of potential candidates here.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4168063)   #1506
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I completely disagree.
It is your opinion and I accept you're entitled to it. If I trade insult with lack of respect, would it be acceptable for you, Andrew?
Old 12 Jul 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4168074)   #1507
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm surprised there hasn't been somebody with a small fortune wanting to drive at the top level take on this project. Maybe that person doesn't exist and maybe banning bronze drivers from the class has reduced the pool of potential candidates here.
BTW, are bronze drivers still prohibited in hypercar ? It was the case in LMP1 (and did not prevent Henrik Hedman from racing in the class) but now hypercars are not faster than LMP2 in their original 2017 guise. Experienced bronze drivers could perfectly drive them very sensibly (I am talking about you Ben Keating , and some others of course)
Old 12 Jul 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4168085)   #1508
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
BTW, are bronze drivers still prohibited in hypercar ? It was the case in LMP1 (and did not prevent Henrik Hedman from racing in the class) but now hypercars are not faster than LMP2 in their original 2017 guise. Experienced bronze drivers could perfectly drive them very sensibly (I am talking about you Ben Keating , and some others of course)
I didn't know they were banned, but listening to Monza race over the weekend the announcers mentioned this. I can't remember if i was listening to the official stream or RLM folks at that point. I completely agree about Ben, and wonder if he would actually consider a drive in Hypercar if it was a possibility. Now that he is a world champion, will his ranking change?
Old 12 Jul 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4168100)   #1509
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It is your opinion and I accept you're entitled to it. If I trade insult with lack of respect, would it be acceptable for you, Andrew?
I just disagreed with you Gerard, no slight intended.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4168110)   #1510
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Glickenhaus is not taking WEC seriously.

They subscribed to enter 2022 and abandoned the last races.

They subscribe 2023 and promise to compete whole season and then want to abandon too the last races?

I think they risk not be there in 2024 if they not compete.
Why let them if they do not want compete full season and others want!

I think that Italian car (I think Isotta is called) has better chance to be in WEC in 2024 because they probably do full season and not run away 2 in a row!
Old 12 Jul 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4168112)   #1511
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I agree.

This man wants to use big words and be rude when talking.
Maybe American way, I do not know?

But he not seem very nice that way and I not like him much.

I like small constructor and small team but not this man.
Maybe Isotta can take over as small team and be nice about it too?
Old 12 Jul 2023, 15:18 (Ref:4168114)   #1512
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't know they were banned, but listening to Monza race over the weekend the announcers mentioned this. I can't remember if i was listening to the official stream or RLM folks at that point. I completely agree about Ben, and wonder if he would actually consider a drive in Hypercar if it was a possibility. Now that he is a world champion, will his ranking change?
I just checked, bronze are still not allowed in Hypercar. It is a shame since guys like Keating or Perrodo can't (and don't want to) get upgraded to silver since they are true "non pros" and started driving after the age of 30.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4168124)   #1513
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
I agree.

I like small constructor and small team but not this man.
Maybe Isotta can take over as small team and be nice about it too?
Jim Glickenhaus isn't a personal favorite of mine, but I feel it's understandable why he would say the things he does. He is generally bold in the way he does things in the racing world (see the whole saga with the P45) and it is the American sportsman's way to apply political pressure through media interviews when one is unhappy (since Jim is not a traditional ballplayer, these statements come from him and not an agent). For reference, see his many complaints about IMSA not allowing his entry (although that is a separate topic).

However I don't believe it's correct to say he disrespects his own team and technical partners, there have been also plenty of comments from him where he is proud of the team's accomplishments compared to Toyota in previous WEC seasons even though they have less budget. The use of cannon fodder here is more like the acknowledgement that their current investment in the car would not be enough to keep pace in the arms race to come, which is probably already clear enough.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4168126)   #1514
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, to me it sounds like Jim would be happy to continue to run the team but only if they can get an influx of cash to help develop and run the cars next season. I also don't think he is talking about a huge sum of money here. They have shown to be very efficient with the investments they have made so far.

Absolutely. Banning bronze drivers is hurting their prospect, just imagine what kinda impact a Glickenhaus-Keating-Dunkin (Donuts) combo would make!

Part of Glickenhaus failing to attract ample sponsorship might be the name itself, it's hardly a recognizable brand and add Jim's sometimes not-so-subtle comments and it's not hard to understand why potential investors aren't going crazy about his project. Compare Jota-Hertz-Brady for instance, much more of a marketing dream (and it's all about marketing nowadays)!
Old 12 Jul 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4168129)   #1515
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Absolutely. Banning bronze drivers is hurting their prospect, just imagine what kinda impact a Glickenhaus-Keating-Dunkin (Donuts) combo would make!

Part of Glickenhaus failing to attract ample sponsorship might be the name itself, it's hardly a recognizable brand and add Jim's sometimes not-so-subtle comments and it's not hard to understand why potential investors aren't going crazy about his project. Compare Jota-Hertz-Brady for instance, much more of a marketing dream (and it's all about marketing nowadays)!
The comparison to Jota is apt, they have gotten sponsors on board to make the program happen. Jim would love to do the same.

I also wonder if Jim would be accepting of a rebrand? Say a different outfit wanted to buy a couple of cars and modify/update them but rebrand the cars as something other than SCG 007, would that be possible? The tub wouldn't have to be crash tested again, so that is an advantage. Engine has proved pretty reliable over 24 hours so developing a different aero, or suspension, etc. would be relatively less complex than going through the entire crash test program again to get the car homologated.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4168131)   #1516
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ben already raced Caddy DPi at Daytona so this wouldn't be a problem skill-wise... but the rules say no.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4168133)   #1517
DasModell
Rookie

DasModell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
I just checked, bronze are still not allowed in Hypercar. It is a shame since guys like Keating or Perrodo can't (and don't want to) get upgraded to silver since they are true "non pros" and started driving after the age of 30.
How long can Ben Keating be a Bronze .. wining so many championships, maybe it's an age thing?
Perrodo don't think is at his level, although he does ok in LMP2.

regarding Bronze.. with Sarah Bovy stay as Bronze? do IronDames intend to run Lambo LMDh?

Last edited by DasModell; 12 Jul 2023 at 17:52. Reason: added age as a reason?
Old 12 Jul 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4168139)   #1518
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I just disagreed with you Gerard, no slight intended.
Fine, Andew, fine. I've been pushy. Let keep, when possible, the good ambiance here. Its quite a challenge, always on the tight rope when passion and enthousiasm are involved. Everything is OK. At least, between you and me!
Old 12 Jul 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4168151)   #1519
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Fine, Andew, fine. I've been pushy. Let keep, when possible, the good ambiance here. Its quite a challenge, always on the tight rope when passion and enthousiasm are involved. Everything is OK. At least, between you and me!
Oh absolutely. The fact is I've been a bit of a Glickenhaus fan ever since the project started and I think the guy and his team have done wonders. Yes, he says what he thinks, but he's not the first to do that.

Oh and broadrun96 - the shirt finally made it's debut on the Sunday of Le Mans. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
0211small.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2023, 20:55 (Ref:4168157)   #1520
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yeah, great to have people speakin' their truth. Espèce en voie de disparition mesay.

Ha, haaa, we have something here. Good looking, already collector. No tentenths shirt or sticker? Tsss.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 23:09 (Ref:4168163)   #1521
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post

He's nice when he posts on here. Says his bit, but nice.

Also he was nice when I met him. We didn't talk much, but I simply wished him good luck and he was appreciative of it.

Quote:
Reading what he says I think he's right. It isn't putting down the engineers or anyone involved.

But the team does need more investment. We've see it. They didn't have the funds to do a big testing program coming into the season (unlike those big teams firing the canons). At Sebring they were 3.3% off the pace (and behind Vanwall), by Monza after more running they are only 1.2%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Team owner Jim Glickenhaus told Sportscar365 that his eponymous team would need “substantial budget” to develop, upgrade and test its LMH car for next year, adding that he has ‘no desire to be cannon fodder’ in the WEC’s growing Hypercar class.
Sounds about right.

I'm afraid the investment that Aysedasi and I have made in T-shirts hasn't been enough.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 02:15 (Ref:4168175)   #1522
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I'm afraid the investment that Aysedasi and I have made in T-shirts hasn't been enough.
Have 3 now, and I think a dozen various stickers. Guess I should have stepped up to the bigger packages on offer over the sticker package
Old 13 Jul 2023, 02:17 (Ref:4168176)   #1523
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3! You’re a major shareholder
Old 13 Jul 2023, 02:21 (Ref:4168177)   #1524
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It made me look. I’d quite like a T in black…
Old 13 Jul 2023, 06:39 (Ref:4168188)   #1525
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Oh and broadrun96 - the shirt finally made it's debut on the Sunday of Le Mans. Thanks again.
OMG, that was a shock, saw the photo before reading the post...thought I'd found myself on some dodgy dating app!!!