Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2004, 09:51 (Ref:1153045)   #1
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR Pitstops, shameful.

FPR hang your heads in shame for the dreadful display of pitstop work this weekend.
Race 1 saw the guy on the left rear having a cup of tea between wheels.
Race 2 was hardly any better.

R1, Lowndes went back 2 spots.
R2, Lowndes went back 3 spots.
R3, Lowndes went back at least 5 spots (hard to tell exactly with the timing)

They didn't show Seto's stops but can't imagine they were any better!!!!

FPR pitstops are the result of Lowndes not being on the podium, and maybe even winning the round.

Glad you're losing both drivers, you don't deserve them.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 09:52 (Ref:1153047)   #2
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes has to put up with this ONLY for one more meeting.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1153064)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah well, Dave Richards looked relaxed over in Perth, watching their WRC squad make a meal of that event too
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:13 (Ref:1153099)   #4
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The wheel changing on the #6 car was about as casual as Craig was down the back straight.......
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1153114)   #5
Schrodes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney ish
Schrodes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Lowndes fan I hope 888 show more competence than FPR did this weekend but I also hope Lowndes hasn't jumped ship too early. Two years isn't much of a chance for a new team to prove themselves to a star driver and FPR certainly have improved in the latter half of the season. They have shown some great speed and reliability latley and although some might say they had to make four extra stops at Bathurst to top up the oil, at least the engine didn't blow up which it had on what, seven seperate occasions earlier in the year including practice sessions.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1153118)   #6
Schrodes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney ish
Schrodes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To defend FPR in the last race, it looked as though Lowndes was 'helped' into pitlane at the end of lap two. It didn't look as though he was coming into the pits but he got a tap from whoever was behind him and had little choice but to head into pitlane.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1153124)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that could have become seriously ugly if Craig hadn't caught it. He could have cleaned up poor old Mr Plod standing at the end of pitlane with his radar gun..........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1153157)   #8
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im tired of bagging FPR, bring on '05 so i can either watch him win, or bag his new team!
Old 14 Nov 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1153520)   #9
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 00 XR8
The wheel changing on the #6 car was about as casual as Craig was down the back straight.......
He looked like he was just sort of passing the time, now don't get me wrong I don't believe you can bag him for not having both hands on the wheel , at all , they all do it.

But he looked slumped in the seat, more a body languge thing. It has not been a great year for him. Ambrose has come in and won almost 2 championships in 3 years. i would be wanting to get this over and done with, he is like 19th in the championship, back with Tratty and co

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 15 Nov 2004, 00:41 (Ref:1153580)   #10
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Yep, and Skaifey's only just in front of him too.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 03:06 (Ref:1153629)   #11
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The KMART pitstops made all the other look slow it just looked like the FPR guys had lost interest
Old 15 Nov 2004, 05:20 (Ref:1153666)   #12
billybob
Rookie

Cuba
over the moon
billybob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You boys have no idea of the pressure in pit lane to perform, it also can come down to a bad in lap and a bad out lap, also it can be down to the team making a bad call so when the driver is in pit lane the car has to wait for another one to go past before it can be released.
I think most of you lot think this game is easy you think that the drivers are taking it easy and that the teams just turn up to have a holiday, and most of you have no idea what the hell you are talking about!!!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1153769)   #13
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Billy, some of us do though.

The 3 FPR incidents have nothing to do with in laps and outlaps, I've checked the stats.

I am just peeved that FPR had no intensity in their pitstops, it's just like they didn't care.

I'm aware of the pressures to perform, at no time did FPR put themselves under pressure, they dordle.
Seems to me you need to know what you're talking about before mouthing off!!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1153819)   #14
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vatuloa
The KMART pitstops made all the other look slow it just looked like the FPR guys had lost interest
Wasn't too long ago that SBR were top of the heap in the pitstop race and are now being shaded by KRT. It arguably won Bathurst for KRT.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 15 Nov 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1153841)   #15
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kmart practise everyday & have done for the past few years, FPR have been flat out just putting the cars together.
Normally every team member involved goes against the clock & they pick the best from the talent pool.
The light system (Gibson MS) lets the jack guy know the second the guys pull back off the nuts, so it gets pretty high tech to put a good crew together- which Kmart would have to be at the top of the class.
TEAMWORK lads
Old 15 Nov 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1153843)   #16
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Techo
Kmart practise everyday & have done for the past few years, FPR have been flat out just putting the cars together.
Normally every team member involved goes against the clock & they pick the best from the talent pool.
The light system (Gibson MS) lets the jack guy know the second the guys pull back off the nuts, so it gets pretty high tech to put a good crew together- which Kmart would have to be at the top of the class.
TEAMWORK lads
Techo are you *the Techo* from KRT ????

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1153846)   #17
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO
He's just using my user name !
Old 15 Nov 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1153882)   #18
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It takes a good six months of training before you get really fast at changing wheels. You have to train your muscles thousands of time for the movements to become second nature. The ones that look like they are cruzing are usually the fast ones as panic and rushing does you no favours in pit lane.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1154488)   #19
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Jack, review the FPR Lowndes pitstops, especially R1 and tell me the guy on the left rear was cruizing making him fast.