Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2003, 23:10 (Ref:619814)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Seats & drivers

There are some good prospects (drivers) in F1 without good cars, and there are some good cars "waiting" to be occupied

The "good cars" available today and probably for next season at least are (obviously) Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Renault. IMO the best drivers out of those cars in terms of future potential as WDC contender are Fisichella and Webber. I speak exclusively taking in account observed pace.

Let's look at the 8 good cars available: MS, KR, JPM and FA are out of consideration for replacement (for next season at least). RB, DC, RS and JT are more debatable.

Who should be go to where (in an ideal world)? My opinion is drop Coulthard (he has had tons of opportunities and, although a good driver, he has proved he is not a genuine WDC contender. Put Webber there, he fits well in a Merc engined team.

Also, drop Barrichello (see opinion about DC) and put Fisichella in Ferrari. He is italian and would be nice to have him there. The great question is MS being an absolute number one, but I think they should let Fisichella to show what he is able to do.

The other two possibilities would be to drop Ralf and/or Trulli, but I think they have had less opportunities in a great car and they could have more potential. Trulli is a great qualifyer, he has the raw speed, obviously, and RS has done well against JPM.

Where DC and RB would go? I suppose this a minor point, but with their level of knowledge they would be a better asset for middle teams than Frentzen or Panis (two good drivers, but with no less curriculum and, possibly, pace than DC and RB). I spoke about HHF and OP because they are two of best "experimented drivers" out there. Of course, DC and RB should cut their salaries accordingly...

Maybe all this is nonsensical, but I think it would be great to have those two drivers with chance to be motivated by race wins.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:39 (Ref:621890)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an italian I would prefer to see Fisi in a McLaren, till MS stays at Ferrari; at least he would have the possibility to play his cards without hierarchic limitations.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:54 (Ref:621968)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, Schummy, but Webber is stuck at Jag-so much for your conjecture.

Fisi at McLaren, Massa at Ferrari, Wilson to Renault. Heidfeld to Williams.

DC to Jag; Rubens & Trulli to Sauber; Ralf to Minardi., Frentzen retires.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:45 (Ref:622113)   #4
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello was never intended to be a championship fighter - he's a rear-gunner for the Red Baron.

He's doing a perfick job.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:622121)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2004 F1 seats:

Ferrari

M Schumacher - R Barichello

Mclaren

K Raikkonen - G Fisichella

Williams

Ralf Schumacher - Juan Pablo Montoya

Renault

Fernando Alonso - Sebastien Bourdais

Jordan

Jarno Trulli - Townsend Bell

Jaguar

Mark Webber - David Coulthard

Sauber

Nick Heidfeld - Vitantonio Liuzzi

BAR

Jenson Button - Takuma Sato

Toyota

Christiano da Matta - Heinz Harald Frentzen

Minardi

Jos Verstappen - Justin Wilson
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:26 (Ref:622205)   #6
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve nielsen you are soo right about one thing: we all forgot about Bourdais. If he wins CART(very possible) he will be in that Renault. But you are soooo wrong about Frentzen and Liuzzi????????
We all know that Minardi will change both drivers and that Wilson will not be able to subscribe another 5 mils with no guarantee of succes. My prediction on one Minardi is Wirdheim. He is one fast MF(though a bit too friendly with the crew)
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:38 (Ref:622216)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2004 season:

Ferrari :
01. M.Schumacher
02. R.Barrichello

Williams :
03. J-P.Montoya
04. R.Schumacher

McLaren :
05. D.Coulthard
06. K.Raikkonen

Renault :
07. J.Trulli
08. F.Alonso

Sauber :
09. N.Heidfeld
10. H-H.Frentzen

Jordan :
11. G.Fisichella
12. R.Firman

Jaguar :
14. M.Webber
15. A.Pizzonia

Bar :
16. J.Villeneuve
17. J.Button

Minardi :
18. J.Wilson
19. J.Verstappen

Toyota :
20. O.Panis
21. C.Da Matta

I bet I'm pretty close
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:48 (Ref:622230)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hedging our bets are we, Ashmore?
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:50 (Ref:622236)   #9
steve_arion
Rookie

England
South Bucks
steve_arion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I bet I'm pretty close

Maybe, but possibly without Minardi who will go bust soon if they don't get some more money soon. (As will Jordan too)

Old 5 Jun 2003, 21:08 (Ref:622259)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the 12th thread about swapping seats in the big ones...

Take off RB of the list because he has a contract for 2004 with Ferrari.

Now DC, Trulli and Ralfie... anywhere you want them, is alright to me.

Webber will stay at Jag, so Fisi might have one of those, perhaps Williams...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 21:14 (Ref:622266)   #11
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of these top 8 drives, the one who should go is Trulli. Granted he can qualify, but thats about it, he nearly always go backwards in races.

In the last race, Trulli seemed to be having a better weekend than Alonso till it mattered. At the end of the race, Alonso gets ahead of Trulli. Same old story. I think Alonso and Bourdais at Renault next year would be great.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 03:15 (Ref:622457)   #12
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe some people didn't notice the phrase "in an ideal world". This was not a thread intended to be another "guess next season drivers", but how you think it should be if actual constrictions didn't apply exactly.

As a forecasting, I think my "guess" would be really wrong!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 06:39 (Ref:622531)   #13
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all depends on where TGF goes, retirement or staying with Ferrari. Once his seat opens up, the dominos will fall where they may. Until then, who knows...
Old 6 Jun 2003, 06:41 (Ref:622532)   #14
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well if Bernie goes ahead with his qualifying lottery, why not be totally stupid & have a lottery for the top 3 teams?

Pizzonia to Ferrari... TGF to Minardi... the Schu would still win!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 09:52 (Ref:622693)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bet is TGF won't retire until he gets number 6!

So until then, everything stays prtty static, because Ferrari have no need to change drivers and no one wants togo there and be No.2

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 6 Jun 2003, 10:00 (Ref:622698)   #16
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it'd be great for heidfeld to get a good seat next year, spesh after kimi got the mclaren seat
Old 6 Jun 2003, 13:08 (Ref:622877)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Schummy
Maybe some people didn't notice the phrase "in an ideal world". This was not a thread intended to be another "guess next season drivers", but how you think it should be if actual constrictions didn't apply exactly.
Oh... Ok then,

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
This is the 12th thread about swapping seats in the big ones...
...in an ideal world.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 13:36 (Ref:622898)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd love to see Michael retire, so:

Ferrari: Montoya and Villeneuve
McLaren: Raikkonen and Fisichella
Williams: Button and Webber
Renault: Alonso and Bourdais
Sauber: Heidfeld and Rubens
Jordan: Ralf and Ralph (just to confuse the commentators)
Jaguar: Coulthard and Pizzonia
BAR: Wilson and Davidson
Toyota: My two worst enemies deserve to join them (or, otehrwise, Da Matta and Frentzen)
Minardi: Verstappen and Wirdheim
Old 6 Jun 2003, 13:50 (Ref:622911)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garagegirl
i think it'd be great for heidfeld to get a good seat next year, spesh after kimi got the mclaren seat
*thunderous applause*

I have another new friend!

Nick to McLaren!!!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 14:43 (Ref:622947)   #20
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
Minardi

Jos Verstappen - Justin Wilson
Is'nt 2004 another rostered year off for Jos?

And Wilson will advance.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 16:07 (Ref:622997)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, in an ideal world:

Ferrari - Schumacher M/Alonso
McLaren - Raikkonen/Heidfeld
Williams - Montoya/Fisichella
Renault - Schumacher R/Bourdais
Sauber - Pantano/Wirdheim
Jordan - McNish/Firman
Jaguar - Webber/Wilson
BAR - Button/Barrichello
Toyota - da Matta/Dixon
Minardi - Enge/Liuzzi

... off the top of my head.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 19:51 (Ref:623165)   #22
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a few of you think Jacques will be out of a drive next season, i am inclined to agree with you, as for Bourdais at Renault, god i hope not, am i the only one to think he is way overated, if they want a Frenchman in a renault its got to be Montagny, in an ideal world Cochet. Fisi to williams i can agree with, i have a funny feeling Ralf will end up at Toyota though.