Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2000, 21:49 (Ref:36822)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don t know if any of you saw what happen when Schumy started to cry the first one the give him a hand was Mika, He ask to go to Ralf to answer an question this shows you what kind of guy he is a pure gentleman, I think Mika and Schumy have great respect for each other. Show s what a grate sport this is.
Tell me what you think
Have a ssssssuper day GP19
Paolo Ginslinberti may you R.I.P.
Old 12 Sep 2000, 22:10 (Ref:36826)   #2
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, gp19, welcome and have a good time with all of us.

About your post, I agree with you. Mika's behavior reminds me of the true gentleman drivers. He's not only a very good driver, but absolutely fair.
Old 12 Sep 2000, 22:25 (Ref:36827)   #3
Dani
Rookie

Dani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know

Bless him!! I was sat thinking Ralf should have his arm around him!! But then i looked at a multimedia video on a website and it shown different angles, when Michael started 2 cry Ralf looked at him, and had 2 look away he filled up aswell, he didn't look at him 4 about 30 seconds, then he put his arm around!! Bless Ralf he nearly started 2 cry 4 Michael, that shows how close they are!!
Old 13 Sep 2000, 02:18 (Ref:36869)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not to get all sentimental on all of you, but as I said in the aftermath of the Press Conference, I found the whole episode surprisingly touching. Mika seemed genuinely concerned for Michael, and when The Interviewer moved on to him asked , "Can we take a break?". Ralf of course seemed immensely concerned.

What surprised me is that we hear how little the current drivers socialize, how little time they have for one another. Compared to the "Grand Old Days" when all the drivers paled around and caried on like school boys, today's crop seem awfully insular. Sunday was a brief and fascinating glimpse into the lives of these men we really know nothing about.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 06:43 (Ref:36884)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think a great deal of the animosity between drivers is created and dreamed up in the various Bulletin Boards. Off the road, they must have respect and certain friendship between them, that's what I think. Also. it was widely reported that after the last race when Mika won the WDC, the michael was seen partying in the McLaren motorhome until all hours. I honestly felt that the concern Mika had for TGF was very touching.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 21:39 (Ref:37016)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika has always been a true gentelman. And he showed it once again at that press conference.

As for Ralf...I wouldn't blame him for not doing anything. I mean...he was cheering with his brother on the podium and a few minutes later he saw the same man crying....he was in a state of shock.....you could see it in his face. he didn't know what happen and he was too shocked to do anything.

Anyway....it's so nice to see that there are fierce competitors on the track but that when the race ends they are once again supportive collegues.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 23:03 (Ref:37031)   #7
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Valve Bounce said it best, a great deal of the animosity between drivers is created and dreamed up in the various Bulletin Boards.
And newspapers and magazines may I add.
Ofcourse there is respect between drivers and even some friendships.
It is a well known fact David Coulthard is a very good friend of Jacques Villeneuve, and the Schumacher and Verstappen families go on holliday together.
On the other side, there will be discording between the drivers also but I don't think these have the form of bitter hostility or open enmity.
Mika Hakkinen's behaviour at the press conference shows a little bit more of the person he really is.
Not only a bloody fast racing driver but also someone who cares about someone else.
He has my respect.
Old 14 Sep 2000, 06:54 (Ref:37074)   #8
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.

I was left with a greater respect for both Mika and Schumi.

The only individual who came up short during those dramatic moments was the questioner. He should have paused for a long moment . . . given the drivers time to compose themselves then continued with the questioning.
Old 14 Sep 2000, 09:58 (Ref:37087)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sharky, I think Ralf was very brave. When it became obvious that the interviewer really means business, little brother did all the fighting...
Old 15 Sep 2000, 00:25 (Ref:37222)   #10
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from a other angle.

IF you go to http://www.f-1.ru/video/index_e.html, download the press conference, and you can see Mika talking to MS while Ralph is talking from a other angle.
have a sssssuper day gp19
Old 15 Sep 2000, 02:50 (Ref:37244)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

I wouldn't even blame the interviewer because he was caught with his pants down figuratively. He had to pass the ball to someone and nobody wanted it. Ralf was also very emotional, and he was lucky to go on with it - it was touch and go with his brother breaking down next to him. The only thing they could have done was switch to Murray and Martin (if they were thinking on their feet), and stall like mad. Remember the Mary Tyler Moore show when Ted was caught with the election results not coming in, and nobody was there? These interviewers annot ad-lib, they have a written set of questions, and then tehy are done. Maybe they should have M&M do the post race interviews. It would be so cool to see Murray get the names and the cars all wrong there. Hey!!! Have I started a great idea or what?? Lets push for M&M to do all teh interviews, before the race on the grid and post race!! Tell Bernie it was my idea!!
Old 15 Sep 2000, 07:18 (Ref:37267)   #12
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's what I would have done:

"Let's pause here to give Michael and the other drivers a moment to compose themselves."

Let the scene speak for itself.