Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 May 2024, 08:30 (Ref:4208614)   #501
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing needed for me now is a Pro GT class, the issue with Ams is the talent is spread more so the grid can oft get spread in their early runs,with a Pro class I think GT3 would just like GTE Pro was,just a 24h freight train!!

GT3 was awesome yesterday however so maybe I am wrong
Old 12 May 2024, 10:22 (Ref:4208623)   #502
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I miss the Pro GT class as well but with the factories focused on Hypercar it's not going to happen (not to mention lack of garage space etc). Having said that, the Am standard seems pretty high in WEC this year. Most of the carnage in yesterday's race was caused by, ahem, pros in Hypercar bulldozing through GTs.
Old 12 May 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4208634)   #503
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could, easily do it, the cars are there, just need to slot 3 pro's into them, not hard at all in my eyes
Old 13 May 2024, 05:32 (Ref:4208738)   #504
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Despite their race pace today, they didn't have a clean race. Could have been higher up if they kept out of the penalties or contact with others. I know that article is from pre race, but they didn't do themselves favors in the race.
Not many had clean races. It was apparent they didn't have the speed of the Ferrari's and Porsche's though. No one had their pace. The ACO will probably respond but hopefully it's to speed up otber cars not slow down the fastest ones. I'm not sure what the power gain will do for the hypercar class but I hope they trial it at the test day.
Old 16 May 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4209179)   #505
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
The only thing needed for me now is a Pro GT class, the issue with Ams is the talent is spread more so the grid can oft get spread in their early runs,with a Pro class I think GT3 would just like GTE Pro was,just a 24h freight train!!

GT3 was awesome yesterday however so maybe I am wrong
Can't believe I'm saying this... but there's a part of me that actually wouldn't mind booting 4 Hypercars and 4 GT3s and making an 8-car LMP2 class.

The grids are amazing currently but ultimately past a certain point not everyone can compete and you're just getting cars a lap down or more. But a super competitive P2 class (with new chassis eventually) would really be a plus. It's multi-class racing after all.

Maybe it'll just happen naturally again in a couple of years as things cycle around. Like I say I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Old 16 May 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4209180)   #506
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
If grids were to be split into prototypes <> GTs, then yes, bring back P2 to fill up the proto field. 40 cars should be a realistic target (20-25 Hypercars + 15-20 P2s). Same for GT which would benefit from a Pro category. It would also create space for those brands that are now left out and manufacturers that would like to enter more than 2 cars.

And have 2 main races, 1 on Sat, 1 on Sun.