Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Jan 2011, 05:42 (Ref:2818106)   #326
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Embarking on a 15-lap World Tour
Thankyou Simmi, that made my day.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2818133)   #327
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
2 hours till the deadline for Le Mans and ILMC entries.

Does anyone know how strict the ACO are on late entries?
Pretty sure the Le Mans entry deadline is just that, but not so sure about the ILMC (unknown quantity). That said, the ACO were extremely flexible last year in order to ensure a full grid at Le Mans.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2818214)   #328
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't really know where to put this news but Autosport (UK print) says that Brabs is in the frame for a Corvette drive at Sebring/LM/Petit.

He is said to have had discussions with the team but is conscious it would prevent him from taking up a full programme with someone else if it came his way.

Richard Westbrook is said to have tested with the team at Sebring this week so we'll see who they decide to go for.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2818283)   #329
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fairly epic Ferrari news. Luxury Racing enters not one but TWO F458's in the ILMC!

Where did that come from!!??
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6055.html

Driver partnership for one will be Makowiecki/Ortelli. Interesting quote in there "knowing that only 20 competitors will be selected ILMC for Le Mans".

I take that to mean 20 teams committed to the ILMC will be granted auto entries for Le Mans? Is that the case?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2818351)   #330
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fairly epic Ferrari news. Luxury Racing enters not one but TWO F458's in the ILMC!

Where did that come from!!??
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6055.html

Driver partnership for one will be Makowiecki/Ortelli. Interesting quote in there "knowing that only 20 competitors will be selected ILMC for Le Mans".

I take that to mean 20 teams committed to the ILMC will be granted auto entries for Le Mans? Is that the case?
i thinks 20 cars but if i open the link I see a page with no article on it. how is that posible?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2818354)   #331
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLMS View Post
i thinks 20 cars but if i open the link I see a page with no article on it. how is that posible?
The story has disappeared is why! Maybe they were not ready to announce it but it was a full in-depth piece with quotes from the team.

Cars to be run by Springbox according to the article.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2818361)   #332
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
Quote:
The story has disappeared is why! Maybe they were not ready to announce it but it was a full in-depth piece with quotes from the team.

ok that's sounds good but i hope it was a fault because it's nice as the news is true.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2818438)   #333
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Or they found out that the submitted entry was rejected, forcing them to retrieve the earlier statement...

Here's a translation of the original statement:

Quote:
ILMC Racing with F458-Luxury
Competing in both the 2010 GT Open and the Porsche Cup France Luxury Racing team prepares for another journey, this most serious and long to ILMC. The team will participate with two Ferrari F458 and technical support Springbox Concept.

Who gives more detail is the director of SpringBox Didier Vincent. "After winning the Porsche Carrera Matmut Fred Makowiecki and finish second in the GT Open, the Luxury Racing is ready to go to the next level. We hope that the ACO accepted our request for Selection know that only 20 teams will be selected for the ILMC . The cars will be developed by Springbox and during the season were to charge Luruy Racing're crossing our fingers for our two cars are accepted "

Two pilots are known Makowiecki and Ortelli. The team based at Magny Cours GT Open will continue on well with one or two F458 "We hope to be ready in late February. The goal is to be present at the Official Test in March. As Springbox Concept, we will continue our support of Philippe Alliot VdeV in GT4 and hire a Maserati for the 24 Hours of Spa We are also looking for a GT2 in the next 24 Hours of Dubai "
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2818500)   #334
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Don't really know where to put this news but Autosport (UK print) says that Brabs is in the frame for a Corvette drive at Sebring/LM/Petit.
I feel sick !!!
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2818501)   #335
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Who is Springbox ? No pedigree . so dont really come up on the Le mans list .
Old 20 Jan 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2818532)   #336
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is anyone else surprised by the apparent lack of Porsche entries in the ILMC?
(Felbermayr, Prospeed, Lizards)
Old 20 Jan 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2818535)   #337
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Might be more to do with how the factory drivers are assigned to the teams by Porsche themselves.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2818758)   #338
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ACO will do the big reveal of the entry list for ILMC & Le Mans in paris on Feb 9th
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2818805)   #339
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Unless it's said before and I missed it, Atlas FS/X or what-have-you seem to have decided on an old Corvette for GTE, the ex-Gigliotti Riley-built car apparently. Shame it's not one of the newer GT2 models, but hey, who am I to complain at more entries?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6061.html

No idea who this Luxury Racing is or who it's run by, but always good to see others entering the fold. Hope there's nothing in it being removed from the site.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2818809)   #340
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm kind of worried by this announcement Rog.
Does this mean Fred Mako has left Hexis GT1 programme???
But Mako and Ortelli sharing is a seriously quick pairing...
Who knows?
Old 21 Jan 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2818823)   #341
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
not sure about the GT1 thing, not a fan of the concept to say the least, but I just looked for info about Luxury racing and turns out he did some races for them in a Ferrari last year anyways, so it probably won't clash much- is there a list of ACO/FIA clashes (or just a combined 2011 calendar)?

Thanks,
-Rodger
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2818855)   #342
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Yeah , but it is an old machine now . Sad though . The Ferrari troop will be wetting themselves at the thought of possibily winning the ILMC against non existant Porsches !!!
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2818856)   #343
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , but it is an old machine now . Sad though . The Ferrari troop will be wetting themselves at the thought of possibily winning the ILMC against non existant Porsches !!!
shmrc, shmrc cry me a river

from wat i understand the ILMC is a mix of races from other championships and le mans, in all those campionships porsche has great teams like Flying lizard, Prospeed, felmbayer...... and from my point of view, and many others, its all about the manufacturer trophy anyway!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2818857)   #344
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
not sure about the GT1 thing, not a fan of the concept to say the least, but I just looked for info about Luxury racing and turns out he did some races for them in a Ferrari last year anyways, so it probably won't clash much- is there a list of ACO/FIA clashes (or just a combined 2011 calendar)?

Thanks,
-Rodger
There's one overlap, I think. Imola ILMC and Navarra GT1 in July.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2818860)   #345
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post

from wat i understand the ILMC is a mix of races from other championships and le mans, in all those campionships porsche has great teams like Flying lizard, Prospeed, felmbayer...... and from my point of view, and many others, its all about the manufacturer trophy anyway!
Whow, do we have a new Porsche Team called Felmbayer...?

Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2818870)   #346
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It is, but if Porsche is serious about it they will want multiple serious entries at every event. Right now, the 45 Flying Lizard is the only Porsche entry I see capable of running near the front for 12 hours. I would suspect there will be at least 3-4 Ferraris capable of doing so. Prospeed just announced an LMS campaign, but no ILMC, so hopefully we'll get Felbermayr in the ILMC to assist Flying Lizard.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2818875)   #347
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
It is, but if Porsche is serious about it they will want multiple serious entries at every event. Right now, the 45 Flying Lizard is the only Porsche entry I see capable of running near the front for 12 hours. I would suspect there will be at least 3-4 Ferraris capable of doing so. Prospeed just announced an LMS campaign, but no ILMC, so hopefully we'll get Felbermayr in the ILMC to assist Flying Lizard.
I never heard anyone whine when risi was the only ferrari capable of winning sebring, and as far as i am aware risi is still ferrari's only real shot at sebring
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2818877)   #348
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Who is Springbox ? No pedigree . so dont really come up on the Le mans list .
Appears to be a website here, but it's down at the moment:
http://springbox-concept.com/
Site being re-done for 2011 (might support the 'premature announcement' theory), or a deal that's suddenly fallen through, hence the EI story being pulled?
Springbox apparently ran a Renault Clio at the recent Dubai 24-hours for an all-girl crew.
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=397711

'Luxury Racing', as Rodger said, seem to have come from French GT and GT Open
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2818879)   #349
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
luxury racing was also being active in the french porsche matmut carrera cup. It was a big team with 5-6 porsches.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2818887)   #350
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I never heard anyone whine when risi was the only ferrari capable of winning sebring, and as far as i am aware risi is still ferrari's only real shot at sebring
As for winning the race, sure. But you get points for all the entries that score in the points if I remember correctly, so go for as many quality entries as possibly. Risi's 430 and ESM's 458 may not challenge for the win, but they're more than capable of scoring points. And in a 12 hour race, you never know what might happen, the favorites could retire and score no points. I just think that in something the manufacturers seem to covet as much as the ILMC, putting all your eggs in 1 basket wouldn't be the best strategy.