Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Mar 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2852396)   #526
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like DAMS will return to Le Mans according to Autosport.

They are set to tie up with OAK Racing. They will look to run "at least one" of their LMP2 cars at the race.

DAMS were quoted a while ago as saying they wanted to move into LMP2 but it was apparently abandoned over the winter. The article doesn't say if the partnership will go beyond Le Mans.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2852652)   #527
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Also in Autosport- GT3 Audi team are planning to expand into LMP2 for 2012, and hope to debut at PLM this year. Team boss Zak Brown to drive, possibly sharing with one of the ex-F1 drivers who've appeared in United's Audis at the Spa 24 hours- maybe Brundle, Johansson or new signing Johnny Herbert.
Car expected to be a Lola, with either a Nissan or Roush Ford engine
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2852654)   #528
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport say Peter is indeed considering dropping P1 and having a meeting with the ACO this week.

The split is not a done deal according to the ACO.

ACO director general Remy Brouard said: 'We need to grow step-by-step, so we will analyse whether it is neccessary to split, but would you prefare 30 or 60 cars.'
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2852657)   #529
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Also in Autosport- GT3 Audi team are planning to expand into LMP2 for 2012, and hope to debut at PLM this year. Team boss Zak Brown to drive, possibly sharing with one of the ex-F1 drivers who've appeared in United's Audis at the Spa 24 hours- maybe Brundle, Johansson or new signing Johnny Herbert.
Car expected to be a Lola, with either a Nissan or Roush Ford engine
Sounds like that could be a predominantly ALMS program as they want a presence in US racing.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2852662)   #530
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Sounds like that could be a predominantly ALMS program as they want a presence in US racing.
I don't think so... Team principle Zak Brown is more or less married to NASCAR, and I think the powers that be in Daytona Beach would be a bit miffed to see his team with a full-season ALMS-campaign...
Old 24 Mar 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2852669)   #531
JAG
Veteran

England
Debuts at PLM ahead of a full-season campaign with the realistic options being the ILMC and ALMS.

In an RLM interview they said they were interested in running the R8's in the ALMS when the GT3 idea was floated and had prototype ambitions.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Mar 2011 at 20:03.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2852710)   #532
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Debuts at PLM ahead of a full-season campaign with the realistic options being the ILMC and ALMS.

In an RLM interview they said they were interested in running the R8's in the ALMS when the GT3 idea was floated and had prototype ambitions.
I think in the United Autosports special on RLM (or maybe some other interview elsewhere) United Autosports had mentioned the possibility of campaigning in the LMP2 class.

I know Mr Brown has ties to nascar, and also to the GT1 championship. Yet he chose to race GT3 first. Plus they run a racing business, so if there is money to do series X they will do it regardless of prior business ties.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2853736)   #533
JAG
Veteran

England
More talk of giving the ILMC World Championship status.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...portscars-325/
Old 27 Mar 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2854188)   #534
JAG
Veteran

England
The Guardians take on Le Mans and the ILMC.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...mcnish-le-mans
Old 31 Mar 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2856383)   #535
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Zhuhai will host the final ILMC round: http://www.lemans.org/en/news/2011-I...ason_3265.html

Quote:
Please note that in addition to the ILMC teams, this race will be open to GTC (equivalent to GT3) and Formula Le Mans cars entered by local teams.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2856401)   #536
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Zhuhai will host the final ILMC round: http://www.lemans.org/en/news/2011-I...ason_3265.html
Montagny will be p***ed. Last year he was angry at that circuit being "totally unsuited to prototype racing".

Although I suspect that layout might be a good opportunity to race the hybrid 908, as it's basically hard braking / long straight combination for all the lap.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2856969)   #537
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...TTT_JS_036.jpg

The Hope Racing Oreca 01 hybrid. So we know that it actually exists...
Old 8 May 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2876825)   #538
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Spa:

LMP1 Manufacturers:

1. Peugeot, 55
2. Audi, 38
3. Aston Martin, 0

LMGTE Manufacturers:

1. BMW, 49
2. Ferrari, 38
2. Corvette, 24
4. Porsche, 14
5. Aston Martin, 8
5. Lotus, 1

LMP1 Teams:

1. Peugeot, 27
2. Audi, 19
3. Oreca, 18
4. Rebellion, 12
5. Aston Martin, 0
5. Hope, 0
5. Oak, 0

LMP2 Teams:
1. Signatech, 22
2. Oak, 18
3. Level 5, 9

LMGTE Pro Teams:
1. AF Corse, 27
2. BMW, 26
3. Luxury, 5
4. Lotus, 4

LMGTE Am Teams:
1. Proton, 24
2. Krohn, 21
3. AF Corse, 15
4. Larbre, 11
5. CRS, 8
6. AMR Middle East, 0

According to this document, Ferrari only collected 5 points for their second GTE car and BMW 9, whwereas the #89 Farnbacher finished second. How is that?
Old 8 May 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2876836)   #539
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
According to this document, Ferrari only collected 5 points for their second GTE car and BMW 9, whwereas the #89 Farnbacher finished second. How is that?
Farnbacher is not entered for the ILMC.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2876851)   #540
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Farnbacher is not entered for the ILMC.
That is why they don't score points in the teams classification.

I thought that any car entered in the race could score for the manufacturers classification.

I just checked the rules and I was mistaken:
Quote:
For the GTE Manufacturers’ classification, a classification will be established after each race GTE Pro and GTE Am combined. Only the two cars entered in the ILMC by the same manufacturer can score points in the manufacturers’ classification (whoever the entrant): namely those that have obtained the highest position at the end of each event (addition of the points of the 2 cars) in the GTE classification (GTE Pro and GTE Am combined).

Last edited by gwyllion; 8 May 2011 at 14:50. Reason: checked the rules
Old 8 May 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2876994)   #541
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If that is the case, then how does Corvette have 24 points in the manufacturer championship?

Larbre got a DNF at Sebring and only earned 4 manufacturer points at Spa, so I assume that means that the factory cars earned points at Sebring despite not being ILMC entries.
Old 9 May 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2877514)   #542
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It seema that the GTE Manufacturers title includes both Pro and Am classes, Larbre's car counts.
Old 10 May 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2877854)   #543
JAG
Veteran

England
Speed have a story up coming about possible ILMC expansion, with a second race in China, Brazil and India all possibilities.
Old 10 May 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2877866)   #544
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Who needs a second race in China? Why not go to Japan?
Old 10 May 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2877870)   #545
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I'm sure Peugeot and Audi are the ones who are driving the ACO toward China. I'm not so sure if those two are interested in racing in Japan. I think we know Peugeot isn't interested in racing in the US. It's all about following the money. The manufacturers could care less about the quality of the tracks.
Old 10 May 2011, 05:34 (Ref:2877877)   #546
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Its an Asian series , not a Chinese one . We need one in Australia to drum up interest .
Old 10 May 2011, 05:44 (Ref:2877880)   #547
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its an Asian series , not a Chinese one .
What is an Asian series? The AsLMS is dead or at least on hold as far as I can tell.

Quote:
We need one in Australia to drum up interest .
Only 989 more years until the next Le Mans race in Australia!
Old 10 May 2011, 06:40 (Ref:2877893)   #548
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see LMP1s go round Bathurst threading around 60 other cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm sure Peugeot and Audi are the ones who are driving the ACO toward China. I'm not so sure if those two are interested in racing in Japan. I think we know Peugeot isn't interested in racing in the US. It's all about following the money. The manufacturers could care less about the quality of the tracks.
On the other hand showing up at places where people care about racing is good for the series. Japan has more potential teams and manufacturers for ACO racing.
Old 10 May 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2877905)   #549
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its an Asian series , not a Chinese one . We need one in Australia to drum up interest .
Could not agree more .

Unfortunately I cant see it happening soon, mainly because of a lack of people willing to put up $$$ (government or otherwise) to host the event (although Audi did spend $1.5m to race and win the Bathurst 12hr with the R8 LMS in February). A lot of people like racing here in Australia but not too many have been exposed to the wonders of sportscar racing (V8 Supercars is the big thing down here), but I think you'd get a decent turn out if it was promoted well and had some guest drivers from Australia.

A 1000km race at Bathurst or Phillip Island would be incredible.

Last edited by rich07; 10 May 2011 at 07:37.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2877963)   #550
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
both Mainland and Taiwan are big markets for Porsche,too.So far I hear several news say Porsche is going to build a professional test track in the south of China and should finish in years.Macao have a world famous track but fit mostly for GT race not prototype.Anyway Malaysia's Sepang track looks quite good for GT cars as well,hopefully both can hold ILMC events if there are more GT entries and less top class private prototypes in the future.