Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1710286)   #1
Firestone
Rookie

Firestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much as a newspaper headline that read "Becks leaves Posh!" when he has nipped out to get some milk is "correct"?

How about he calls it what you just said.. "the pits during the 24 hour race". Changes the potential for misinterpretation a lot doesn't it.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1710289)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Ok so basically you're now complaining about the thread title - we've gone from "Libel" to "objection to bad pun".

Perhaps a polite request that it be changed to avoid any misinterpretation rather than a rude rant that is more suited to the "Mr. Angry of Basildon" school of writing would be appropriate then?

Or even a direct contact?

At this point, I'm disinclined to change it simply because I don't like being spoken to in that manner - particularly by people who have no interest in this site.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1710292)   #3
Firestone
Rookie

Firestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was the title alone that was the problem I would not have posted what i did about the photo. I was responding to another poster about my thoughts on the title. No Mr Angry about it.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1710293)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Ok well now the thread is well and truly off topic and nothing you've said has offered anything to the discussion whatsoever.

I'm moving these posts to a separate thread so that people who are genuinely interested in discussing a serious safety issue may do so.

Once again, if you have a problem ,you know how to contact me. I'm not getting into any further debate on this on the open forum.