Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Dec 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3178115)   #2601
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Just for you Ayse ,

Does we know anything about what races there might be in the 2013 season?
I'm thinking like F1 always signs multi year deals.
You mean '14 I take it ?

After a period of stability heading into '13 maybe they will look to add a round. That's maybe where India comes in?
Old 12 Dec 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3178126)   #2602
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
You mean '14 I take it ?

After a period of stability heading into '13 maybe they will look to add a round. That's maybe where India comes in?
Maybe. But adding a non-European round isn't that simple or cheap. The 2013 schedule is set up to allow the cars to be sent by sea to the non-European rounds to reduce costs. Adding a date in say India means either adding the cost of the extra race plus the additional cost of at least some air transportation or stretching the schedule out even more.

Would suspect the series would have to do really well to add a round in someplace like India unless a local promoter steps up with lots of money.
Old 12 Dec 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3178164)   #2603
lucky snake
Rookie

lucky snake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or like the ratel intuition for the world gt1, to date the india event in late november early december with the air trasportation supplied by fia. Also in this condition however a lot of private teams, if not running for the class title, will fold the event.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3178465)   #2604
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enzo Potolicchio's a good pro-am driver, and the HPD ARX-03b is a good car, so I already expected 8Star to be successful in next year's WEC.

Well, Potolicchio's pairing with Anthony Davidson, Stéphane Sarrazin, Nic Minassian, and Pedro Lamy for the Rolex 24. If he's picking his WEC co-drivers from that pool (seem to recall Sarrazin was rumored), I'm willing to call 8Star the LMP2 favorite next year.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3178523)   #2605
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sarrazin iand Davidson are driving for Toyota in the WEC next year. So you got the others who're your likely pilots, if you didn't already know this.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3178529)   #2606
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I knew Davidson was, but missed Sarrazin being confirmed. Thanks.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3178532)   #2607
lucky snake
Rookie

potolicchio, minassian and lamy is a really good line-up; an almost gentleman driver with a great palmares and the 2 slowest (but still platinum) 2011 peugeot drivers
maybe is not a top tier for an lmp1 team, but an extremely competitive trio for a lmp2. Are a pair of platinum drivers allowed in a lmp2 line-up?
Old 14 Dec 2012, 04:38 (Ref:3178565)   #2608
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky snake View Post
Are a pair of platinum drivers allowed in a lmp2 line-up?
As long as the third driver is Bronze or Silver, yes they are.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 05:55 (Ref:3178580)   #2609
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
potolicchio, minassian and lamy is a really good line-up; an almost gentleman driver with a great palmares and the 2 slowest (but still platinum) 2011 peugeot drivers
maybe is not a top tier for an lmp1 team, but an extremely competitive trio for a lmp2. Are a pair of platinum drivers allowed in a lmp2 line-up?
http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/...-2013-program/
AF Corse confirmed that their sister program Pecom Racing will keep the same lineup as Perez-Companc/Kaffer/Minassian, so Minaissan won't be part of 8Star in WEC

As for AF Corse itself, they will still run 2 GTE-Pros and 1-2 GTE-Ams (no mention of AF-Waltrip).
Old 17 Dec 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3179429)   #2610
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Larbre very unlikely to return next year with Corvettes according to Graham Goodwins twitter. That's a big surprise seeing as though the Corvette is a very strong car. Wonder what is happening there? Switching to another car or no WEC at all...
Old 17 Dec 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3179434)   #2611
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Love to see them get their hands on a couple of Viper's ..... but perhapy a bit early for that .

Hope its not more bloody 458's .....
Old 17 Dec 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3179478)   #2612
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do remember reading somewhere that Larbre expressed interest in the Viper...unlikely though.

On the other hand, they were very successful with the Corvette so I wonder what their reasoning is if they ditch it.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3179480)   #2613
lucky snake
Rookie

agree, they simply dominated the gt-am class, even with those 2 penalizations after silverstone (fire extinguisher facepalm) and interlagos races. It will be amazing if for 2013 season they will switch for 1 pro and 1 pam car! lamy (if he won't be involved in the 8star team) and some other corvette expert driver like hezemans would be a good duo.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3179483)   #2614
Tzyghan
Rookie

Poland
Rzeszów
Tzyghan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Larbre very unlikely to return next year with Corvettes according to Graham Goodwins twitter. That's a big surprise seeing as though the Corvette is a very strong car. Wonder what is happening there? Switching to another car or no WEC at all...
Larbre without Corvettes? Oh st... Vipers are too young, I don't think they will take them to fight for GTE-Am championship. More possible, that they will come with Aston Martins...
Old 17 Dec 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3179508)   #2615
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzyghan View Post
Larbre without Corvettes? Oh st... Vipers are too young, I don't think they will take them to fight for GTE-Am championship. More possible, that they will come with Aston Martins...
Yes please!
Or... maybe they got a killer deal on some 2012 997s?
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3179621)   #2616
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
I seem to recall there were rumors about Larbre running a Corvette in GTE-Pro. Perhaps Corvette wouldn't allow that to happen, and Larbre got a different idea? Just a speculative thought, but in a way, I could see Corvette not really wanting a privateer having the car in the same class at Le Mans since they were always known to (or at least reported to) not really detune things when they sent them over to Larbre.

Maybe that's a total load of crap, though, which coming from me wouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I'll be interested to see what their plans are. Kind of feeling better about my little dream of an ESM Ferrari GTE-Am class win at Le Mans now, depending on what Larbre bring.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3179626)   #2617
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luc Alphand raced against Corvette at Le Mans in GT1 and had factory support....don't see why things would be any different in GTE?
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3179627)   #2618
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Passage of time, different attitude. I don't know.

It was just a dumb theory.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3179631)   #2619
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larbre with Astons seems likely, they ran the GT1 DBR9 a few years ago before they got Saleens then Porsches.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3179638)   #2620
lucky snake
Rookie

as jacques said, corvette had a different attitude with the old C5R and C6R GT1, P&M basicly built for their team a new pair of updated cars year by year to grid in ALMS season and le mans, while they used to sell the old cars to european team involved in fia gt and LMS (so none rival team in ALMS could use a former work c6r). Sincerly i don't remember any great support that LA received by corvette, maybe only in 2009 and 2010 they had xavier maseen (however a sort of semi-work driver, nothing more, similiar to tandy for porsche) on their line-up... usefull to remember that in 2010 luc alphand already sold the only surviving c6r (the other one gone burnt in the travel container or something like that) and the 2 c6r were the ones of DKR and SRT signed as luc alphand team.
I guess that actually corvette decided to trust in just one private team because they want to have more control on their "private" cars! i don't know how much they are happy now to see again a pair of old and modified c6r running first in dutch gt champ and then in gt-open (with a livery that is a copycat of the one used by corvette racing in 2010) without any minimal corvette consense.
Larbre ran also a pair of 550 maranello (now i don't remember if the original model or the enhanced prodrive one) so the 458 campaign can't be excluded.
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3179639)   #2621
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I bet this year's Vipers would crush the GTE AM field if they ran them in 2013. They only need some extra ballast taken away. Lets not forget they ran 1290kg their first race in ALMS. The Vantage was 1190 or 1195kg, the Vette and co. were all around 1245kg. If they get some 'favorable' BOP, there's no doubt the Vipers would be more than competitive
Old 17 Dec 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3179640)   #2622
lucky snake
Rookie

the vantage was shamefull helped... -50kg, +5L of fuel tank and generous restrictors... the c6r zr1 and the 458 in gt-pro class were forced to run with a min. weight of 1260kg after spa. The 458 obtained the 1245kg min. weight only before the fuji race, paying a 5L of fuel tank displacement (85L).
Old 18 Dec 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3179753)   #2623
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Love to see them get their hands on a couple of Viper's ..... but perhapy a bit early for that .

Hope its not more bloody 458's .....
I would actually rather see Larbre run Vipers then Ferraris, an iconic pairing there. They won a couple of races with a Viper last time they raced it But no, I cant see the Viper racing in GT-AM next year, maybe the year after. Technically the current Vipers are a 2012 car so technically they would be eligible. But I doubt the factory would let the car race in GT AM before the factory does Le Mans, Im certain that if Larbre raced the Viper, they would race in GT AM at Le Mans next year and SRT in GT PRO is somewhat an uncertainty AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Larbre with Astons seems likely, they ran the GT1 DBR9 a few years ago before they got Saleens then Porsches.
Was thinking they would run Porsches as Leconte is still a mega fan of the 911, Im pretty sure he still owns a GT1 (?). Astons maybe? Aston were looking at 2 PRO cars and 2 AM cars which two Larbre AM cars would fit in nicely here. Im still surprised they might not be returning with the Corvette, thats a very strange decision.

Graham if your reading this, can you expand at all on your tweet?
Old 18 Dec 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3179830)   #2624
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Larbre ran also a pair of 550 maranello (now i don't remember if the original model or the enhanced prodrive one) so the 458 campaign can't be excluded.
Larbre run a pair of PRODRIVE Ferrari 550 in different series. But this has nothing to do with Ferrari itself as it was a private-effort from Care-Racing and Prodrive and did it without any support of Ferrari.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3179866)   #2625
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Luc Alphand raced against Corvette at Le Mans in GT1 and had factory support....don't see why things would be any different in GTE?
'Raced against' - in theory but not necessarily in fact. They were never going to be close....