Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Nov 2002, 23:03 (Ref:436761)   #1
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally Of the Tests

I've put a number of pictures up that I took at Curborough of the Historic Rally of the tests. It was cold and wet so apologies for some of the pictures.

The Mini Van was driven and navigated by friends of mine to 2nd overall.

Rally of the Tests
Old 26 Nov 2002, 00:43 (Ref:436821)   #2
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M Coupe
Interesting photos. In Cars+ Car Conversions in the 60's there was a photo of a Richard Sandilands racing a Satndard 10, could this be the same gentleman??
The Studebaker Lark bought back memories, as my uncle had a station wagen version, It was the 1st time I was in a car that hit 100mph.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 17:31 (Ref:437363)   #3
M Coupe
Racer

Mickj,

Could be as a lot of the older guys who compete in historic rallying today were the winners of the events in the 60's and 70's.

My friend who owns the Mini Van also owns a ex-works cooper 977 ARX, and has competed in a few Europena events with a chap called Willy Cave as the navigator, Willy actually navigated in the original car in 1963 on the Alpine rally.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 10 Dec 2004, 00:51 (Ref:1175811)   #4
Bulletnoz
Rookie

United States
Near Buffoonalo, NY
Bulletnoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickj
M Coupe
Interesting photos. In Cars+ Car Conversions in the 60's there was a photo of a Richard Sandilands racing a Satndard 10, could this be the same gentleman??
The Studebaker Lark bought back memories, as my uncle had a station wagen version, It was the 1st time I was in a car that hit 100mph.
Where can I see the photos Mick? I have a Studebaker racing website and I collect/archive, any/all photos and info I can about them. I will reveal my website address if ya email me, (I already got in trouble for posting it).

I have a '60 Lark hard top, 259 V8, auto, 3.54 Dana 44 posi rear. It's getting an Avanti R2 cam, two-duce intake, head work and a chance to see how well it can do at the drag strip. Love them Studebakers!
Old 13 Dec 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1178683)   #5
M Coupe
Racer

Sorry, I was running out of space on my site so took the Rally of the Tests pics down. I'll trya nd find them on the old PC and post a link to the Studebaker one.

Colin McRae 1968-2007