Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1282086)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CONFIRMED: McLaren line-up for Imola

9 Kimi Raikkonen
10 Alexander Wurz

Friday Pedro de la Rosa
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1282089)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor old Pedro - he did everything right under the circumstances and they've still dumped him for a crasher who did about 3 good races 6 years ago. And poor old JPM.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1282093)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nonsense!

Alex Wurz is contracturally guaranteed the seat - it was only due to circumstance de la Rosa was driving in Bahrain.

Pedro never expected to be in the race team when he joined McLaren, whereas Alex is on permanent standby.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1282099)   #4
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Source, please .
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1282102)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's been announced on Reuters
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1282105)   #6
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
It's been announced on Reuters
And here too:

Clicky
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1282107)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to say the BBC website...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1282108)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad for Pedro...but the pressure's now on Wurz. If he does a comparatively poorer job to Kimi than Pedro did, that won't work out too well for him (does a Gené perhaps)
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1282110)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14625.html

Here as well:
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1282113)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

And on the news release from McLaren, which is how everyone else found out!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1282115)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yey hey. Something goes right for once!

PDLR gave us good entertainment - but it would have looked pretty dumb if one of those offs knocked off a barge-board or somesuch. What we saw from Pedro in Bahrain was a very quick car, not consistent professional pace - come on Alex and show us that you've still got it!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1282118)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

He never had it. He was mediocre before F1, and was made to look good by a few over-aggressive drives. People applauded him for Monaco, but the reality is that he made a stupid move and ruined Michael Schumacher's race, ultimately costing him the title. Not to mention the huge crash he caused in Canada that year.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1282119)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

If McLaren can get a decent qualifying this weekend, I can see Alex on the podium.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1282122)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
He never had it. He was mediocre before F1, and was made to look good by a few over-aggressive drives. People applauded him for Monaco, but the reality is that he made a stupid move and ruined Michael Schumacher's race, ultimately costing him the title. Not to mention the huge crash he caused in Canada that year.
Whilst you are welcome to your own opinion I have to ask the question, if Alex was so mediocre and poor, why did Ron Dennis employ him as a test driver, and keep him on the books for several years? McLaren are not a team to use second rate drivers either as racers or testers.

I wish Alex well this weekend and hope that he at last manages to fit the car as to race it feeling uncomfortable would be a tragedy.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1282131)   #15
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Poor old Pedro - he did everything right under the circumstances ...
Not really.

He made some bad mistakes, and did just enough to win back the places he lost earlier.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1282132)   #16
N I Tram
Veteran

There's a big difference between being good enough for testing and development duties, and being good enough for the race team. He may be good for collecting consistent test data, and a hard worker who can gel with the team, but he was never considered as the replacement for Mika, even though his contract supposedly gave him first refusal on that drive. His build surely doesn't help, even with today's weight rules including the driver and limiting the disadvantage to reducing ballast freedom, but no one would expect Prince Naseem to take on Lennox Lewis and win, would they?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1282161)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
People applauded him for Monaco, but the reality is that he made a stupid move and ruined Michael Schumacher's race, ultimately costing him the title.
Is that the real reason you slate him then?
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1282176)   #18
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carry on digging yourself in, NIT - all the more fun for me when Wurz delivers on Sunday.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1282179)   #19
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's not make the thread a battleground - it will be interesting to see how Wurz goes, we have no reason to believe that he won't be competitive, looking at how PDLR went in Bahrain is as good a starting point as any.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:02 (Ref:1282181)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic news! It will be interesting to see how he does after all of these years without racing. I suspect he won't miss a beat.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1282183)   #21
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
mediocre before f1? maybe in monaco he was only trying to get alongside schuey to show him his le mans winners trophy...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1282199)   #22
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good one kdr .
i wish wurz a good race .. will he finish in fron of Kimi ??
with Renault almost sure on the podium . if Wurz will finish on the podium . where will Kimi be ?? .

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1282219)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

1st or 2nd for Kimi.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1282232)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
suddenly kicking-back has been replaced by an insane McLaren supporter, seemingly confident of a McLaren double podium...hmmm, warrants investigation by the mods methinks
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1282238)   #25
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess this puts an end to those ridiculous rumorous that Montoya wasn't really injured...