Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:31 (Ref:308786)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf excells again!!

We are seeing a carbon copy of what happened last year. Ralf is staring to drop away as we hit mid season with JPM finding top form. He showed today his typical guttless racing style as he failed to overtake two cars that were running considerably slower. You'd better pull your sock up Ralf.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:45 (Ref:308812)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf fell back through no fault of his own due to all those problems in the pits. But I agree, an overtaker he is not.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:48 (Ref:308817)   #3
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's a challenge.. When was the last time Ralf actually passed someone? (NB: Going over the back of Rubens doesn't count )
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:57 (Ref:308827)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ralf was on a 1 stopper and Montoya a 2.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:01 (Ref:308835)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A heavier car makes it more difficult to overtake - but wasn't Kimi also on a one stopper? And towards the end, I would assume he had approximately the same amount of fuel on board as Jarno Trulli?
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:04 (Ref:308845)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But when Monty passed the pair of them, he was only a couple of laps out of the pits. He probably had more fuel on board than the pair of them.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:06 (Ref:308848)   #7
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ralf is mentally finished... JPM destroyed him.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:20 (Ref:308873)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, good point - when did Ralf last overtake someone? The last time I remember was in France 2000, dicing with the Jordans in Magny Cours.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:23 (Ref:308878)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
Ralf is mentally finished... JPM destroyed him.
<YAWN> Like I haven't heard that one before...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:27 (Ref:308887)   #10
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
Actually, good point - when did Ralf last overtake someone? The last time I remember was in France 2000, dicing with the Jordans in Magny Cours.
Yeah correct. He's lost the ability to even follow a car correctly. He made a mess of himself today while following Raikkonen. He should've made use of the mistake by Kimi and overtake him.. instead he gets overtaken by JPM! Tch tch.. he's better off with hair dying commercials...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:33 (Ref:308899)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I posted some replies with the same content and then thought I "God I am gonna get ripped". I see now that I have a lot of company. My question is "Who should replace him? Button?? JV??
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:35 (Ref:308904)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Who should replace him?
no-one, he's an ideal no 2 only joking of course! but i would love to see Jenson back there, alongside JPM!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:38 (Ref:308910)   #13
freud
Veteran

I would say Mark Webber... Webber did great once again today. May be Williams should drop halfie and get in Webber.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:39 (Ref:308913)   #14
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neilap,maybe it just slipped your mind that Ralf Schumacher was on a heavy one stop strategy and had the usual Williams pit stop circus act to deal with.I believe he would have finished second to Schummy had he not had all the troubles.Nobody could have beaten Schummy today,or any day for that matter if Schummy is on song.

Last edited by R; 9 Jun 2002 at 22:34.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:21 (Ref:308974)   #15
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on, aren't Ralf and Montoya equal on points at the moment? And Ralf is a very capable driver, its just that he uses a Prost like driving style, whereas Montoya's driving style is more like Senna's. Prost didn't overtake very often in his day did he? And he was just as successful as Senna. I think Williams will keep both Ralf and Montoya for 2003. Stability is everything in F1 these days.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:24 (Ref:308978)   #16
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
Neilap,maybe it just slipped your mind that Ralf Schumacher was on a heavy one stop strategy and had the usual Williams pit stop circus act to deal with.I believe he would have finished second to Schummy had he not had all the troubles.Nobody could have beaten Schummy today,or any day for that matter if Schummy is on song.
I though Schu was on song at Monaco & Austria this year!?

[Just a slight edit in the quote. R.]

Last edited by R; 9 Jun 2002 at 22:36.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:39 (Ref:309071)   #17
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK OK take it easy. Ralf drove a fine race, he was saving his engine!!!!!. Did he actually blow up after crossing the finish line or was that just my imagination?
Old 10 Jun 2002, 00:05 (Ref:309086)   #18
freud
Veteran

I believe Ralf was saving his engine in a dozen GPs during past 2 years. Infact I remember after once being outqualified by Juan Pablo he said something like"I was saving my ---" or whatever. Its a good excuse that he's invented for his sheer lack of pace compared to JPM.

Williams - Bring on Webber or Trulli.

Last edited by freud; 10 Jun 2002 at 00:05.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 01:01 (Ref:309116)   #19
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Frank and Patrick are looking to upgrade, they should be looking at Fisi.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 01:09 (Ref:309117)   #20
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im gone for one day and out come the chicken sh|t Ralf-Bashers. You guys need to get a god damn life. If you guys made it to the track - you would have seen Ralf was all over the place throughout the afternoon. Even when he was following Frentzen - Ralf had trouble getting him on the straights. They were running too much wing on his car and Williams screwed him over on his pit stop - TWICE.

You guys are really immature. Grow up. There is no way Ralf is going anywhere except to the World Championship whenever BMW give him a car that is good enough. If you cant handle that, tough luck.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 04:46 (Ref:309178)   #21
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
halfie???
world champ???
Old 10 Jun 2002, 05:26 (Ref:309183)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's take an unbiased look at the race. It is difficult to blame the setup for Ralf's car when JPM was able to set his car up better. And when JPM overtook the two cars, he was definitely on a heavir fuel load that either of them. I prsonally felt it was a risky move and held my breath, expecting JPM to get into trouble. He didn't, probably because of his skill. It took courage to pull off such a manouvre, and that's where JPM scores. As for contracts, Ralf is contracted until the end of next year, so that's the end of Jacques' aspirations in that direction.
Unless Williams produces a car that can lap half a second faster that Ferrari, McLaren and Renault, there is no way that Ralf will become WDC, that's my recently revised and humble opinion. I think he is a good driver but not a great racer. He certainly will never measure up to his smaller brother.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 10 Jun 2002, 05:49 (Ref:309194)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is definetely a fast and aggressive driver, but doesn't appear to have that killer instinct of TGF and JPM when it comes to passing. Twice he was stuck behind slower cars - Raikkonen and Trulli - yet never really had a go at them. Only once did he really have a go at Kimi.

I'd have to agree with VB - he's certainly a fast driver, but as a racer, he falls short of his team-mate.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 09:14 (Ref:309338)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to disagree as to wheather schu has the same 'killer instinct', it seems to me he'd cut and chop across people then race them.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 11:43 (Ref:309461)   #25
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair with Halfie. He managed to get ahead of Yoong with a perfect move..... Wait a minute. There were blue flags....Nevermind.....LOL