Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Feb 2004, 10:49 (Ref:874027)   #1
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSBK Testing

No surprise that Laconi is fastest but Steve Martin has really impressed me in 2nd ahead of Toseland. Top non-Duke was Corser in 6th (Foggy) with Vermeulen in 8th (Honda) and Fuertes in 9th (Suzuki).

I notice there are a few names on the testing timesheets that aren't on the entry list. Are these extra bikes for the championship? And has the 2nd Ten Kate seat been filled yet?

http://www.worldsbk.com/results.asp?p_S_Campionato=SBK
Old 14 Feb 2004, 11:19 (Ref:874046)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No surprise to see Ducati dominate the scoring sheets. Honda (or make that Ten Kate) are still developing the new Fireblade while the non-factory Suzuki and Kawasaki teams will continue to struggle. Unfortunate that Suzuki did pull the official plug, because the GSX1000 was a potential threat for at least race victories...
Old 14 Feb 2004, 13:51 (Ref:874125)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No surprise at all to see Martin running quickly. You have to rememebr that he has been running Pirelli tyres on a Ducati for the past few years so knows the feel of the rubber very well.
Also am impressed by how quick the new Blade is and how tasty the Renegade team are straight off the bat.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 14:30 (Ref:874148)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
suzuki are soft - though they have there reasons for departure.....
Old 15 Feb 2004, 06:55 (Ref:874561)   #5
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The aussie boys are going ok - would like to see McCoy go a bit better.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 12:19 (Ref:874745)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point chunder that Martin is used to the handling and eprformance of the Pirellis. His advantage will fade as the year goes on, but in the early race she has every chance of scoring podiums.

It's clear that, although we have a weakened field and a continued predominance of Ducatis, the racing is likely to be close and thrilling. Although MotoGP is by far the bigegr deal now, there';s plenty of like in WSBK.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 19:45 (Ref:875017)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am sure Steve will appreciate you calling him a she Boots! And as for your point about the WSB series then I think we have to wait and see. No Japanese teams are officially involved and it is hard to see progress beyond that fact.
Saying that, there are no "factory" teams in WSS eitehr and that prospers doesn't it.
The bikes use factory kit but are not official factory teams I believe.
Give it time and maybe we might get back to the hey day of the mid nineties.
Let's hope Vermuelen goes well this year and encourages Honda to come back officially, that will make the otehr follow I think.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 21:40 (Ref:875103)   #8
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I will be pleased this year if a non-Duke wins one race! Just not like last year!
Old 15 Feb 2004, 22:53 (Ref:875151)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is every chance Ten Kate could win a race this season. The Honda should be competitive, but it will take a couple of rounds for the bike to be completely race-ready.

The Foggy Petronas still leaves heads scratching as to how it will perform over the whole season...
Old 16 Feb 2004, 08:26 (Ref:875457)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the testing times at valencia show that the racing this year could be very good
Old 16 Feb 2004, 11:26 (Ref:875624)   #11
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I think it will be more competitive than 2003 - hopefully Hagas brilliance will make up for the slight disadvantage Renegade will have to the Fila Ducati squad! But it would have been better still if the GSE team were still running!