Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3613744)   #501
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjd187 View Post
I am going...for the first time!
Been a dream for 15years.

Thought I had time to look things up after the holidays, I didn´t!

Need some advice from you experienced people.
I haven´t booked anything yet and had the plan to bring my caravan and be there sunday evening but as I found out all the good campsites are fully booked.
Maybe just take the car and jump on [LM24] International ten-tenths camp III (2016) if there is any spot left.
Or book the GE ticket, grandstand and just see if I get something when I arrive.
Reading around a little I get the impression that you always can get a spot late at Beausejour, Arnage or Mulsanne campsites?

Some agencies state that caravans are not welcome in some campsites, true or false?

// Carl
Contact Kenn in the [LM24] International ten-tenths camp III (2016) Thread ASAP, I know that there is very few spots left! (if any)
Old 10 Feb 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3613758)   #502
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Garage Vert allows caravans. I had one next to me last year. Check the tickets for sale thread as there were some GV tickets on there.

Sean

Last edited by claude2cv; 10 Feb 2016 at 19:12. Reason: missed a bit out
Old 11 Feb 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3613931)   #503
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicknell55 View Post
2015 was my first time at LM. I wanted to get as close to the podium as possible but not have to wait to cross the track. There's a gate behind the admin building at the entry to pit lane. As soon as the race was over they opened that gate which leads you to the gap between the admin building and the start of the garages/pit stands. The only downside is you end up behind anyone who had access to the garages. It worked out fairly well except for the folks who must wave gigantic flags which blocked my view of the podium.
We used to do that (when I first went from 2005), and then they stopped access. We don't bother now, and instead have another bottle of Champers in the ACO! 2005 we were drenched in champagne as they didn't put the winning car under the podium. We were stood with Henri Pescarolo, who literally had to be dragged up on to the podium with his drivers; he seemed to want to stay with the engineers.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 14:57 (Ref:3614409)   #504
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen mentioned somewhere that the parc vert lot is accessed via Mulsanne...can someone please provide more insight?
Old 28 Feb 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3618404)   #505
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Otisdog,

On this thread, back on page 8 to 10, CTD has posted Google Maps with alot of points of interest including location of access points around the circuit. There is a tunnel (for cars) up near tetre rouge that will allow access to inside the circuit. It's near the MM arena.
Old 28 Feb 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3618405)   #506
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here it is again:
Le Mans Map Guide
Old 28 Feb 2016, 15:14 (Ref:3618411)   #507
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. I mistakenly thought the access was via the area around the town, not the straight. Having said that, I plan on driving back and forth between Arnage and Mulsanne during the race - is that a crazy notion, will traffic be too heavy?
Old 28 Feb 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3618425)   #508
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
when you leave the campsite if you go under the tunnel and then keep on that little road it will take you out to the road you need to be on to get to the viewing area at mulsanne corner, just follow the signs/other cars it is esay and from there again follow the signs to arnarge
Old 28 Feb 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3618442)   #509
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Thanks. I mistakenly thought the access was via the area around the town, not the straight. Having said that, I plan on driving back and forth between Arnage and Mulsanne during the race - is that a crazy notion, will traffic be too heavy?
It's fine. You need to try and pick your time. We watch for the traffic behind the stands. Having said that, we don't head out to Arnage until somewhere around 1-2 am and then on to Mulsanne about 6-7 am. Travelling between the two should be no great problem.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3619869)   #510
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We usually go there on either wednesday or thursday, usually get a table and have food/drinks no problem, worth a visit for sure
Old 4 Mar 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3620005)   #511
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crikey, I wouldn't have thought that was on during those days. Thanks.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3620011)   #512
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We usually go there on either wednesday or thursday, usually get a table and have food/drinks no problem, worth a visit for sure
Yeah I was on their website earlier today and it's seems well worth a visit.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3620161)   #513
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
We're wondering what to do away from the circuit. Over the last few years we've checked out the old Grand Prix circuits. this time we were wondering about checking out the Hotel de France. http://www.lhoteldefrance.fr/

However I kind of think that this will be heaving over the week of Le Mans and it would be best to check it out at another time.

It would be worth it if only for a photo of the car in front of it.
James and I popped out there on the Tuesday afternoon last year. Beautiful place.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3620193)   #514
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Crikey, I wouldn't have thought that was on during those days. Thanks.
Plenty of parking away from the square and then a short walk back, best to leave parking in the square to old classics so people can have a look at them.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3620580)   #515
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Plenty of parking away from the square and then a short walk back, best to leave parking in the square to old classics so people can have a look at them.
Do you stand in the square so you can be admired then Simon.........?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3620584)   #516
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Do you stand in the square so you can be admired then Simon.........?
STAND?

I get a seat, you would not expect a classic like me to stand around all that time.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3621291)   #517
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quite true. Very sensible......
Old 8 Mar 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3621312)   #518
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How classic does it have to be? Not going in a DBR1 or GT40, but part of the idea is to get a picture in front of the hotel. Always good to have a pointless mission.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3621512)   #519
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Anything interesting is always nice to see it does not have to be old but i do like to be able to walk around the square admiring interesting cars and not just see the usual expensive modern sportscars, just my opinion
Old 14 Mar 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3622841)   #520
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Agreed, I'll leave the P1 at home and come in something older.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 02:37 (Ref:3625382)   #521
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping to attend the race for the first time this year

Unfortunately I got distracted for the remainder of 2015 after the race and didn't do my planning then like I should have . Currently looking into lodging and the rest of the logistics but the ACO tickets website has me stumped...

I am on the "Choose My Tickets" Page of the ACO ticketing website and there are various options for general admission on various days as well as the Pitwalk and "Tribune 34" stands... I am planning to be at Le Mans for the entire week from scrutineering Sunday to the end of the race, do I need to buy a separate general admission ticket for each day? Or does the "Enceinte Generale Semaine" cover the entire week like Google Translate is suggesting?

I have read that the pitwalk tickets aren't necessary, do you guys find this to be true? And what exactly is the Tribune 34 stand? Is that just the "ACO enclosure" that people talk about?

Thanks for any help in advance! Picking up the planning this late has left me a bit overwhelmed, but then again it was my fault in the first place.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 07:26 (Ref:3625412)   #522
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can buy a single ticket for the full week (€78) and you can buy it on the gate when you get there. I am not sure if the circuit is actually open to non-campers before Wednesday. Someone else can answer this, I am sure. This will be my 6th trip and I have never bought a general admission ticket in advance.
The pits are open all of Friday to anyone with a general admission ticket, so you don't need an extra ticket for a pit walk. Be prepared for a busy pit lane however.
Enjoy the trip! It's the best week of the year.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3625463)   #523
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As already mentioned you can get the tickets when you arrive, but if you want grandstand tickets you will need to contact the aco ornadine at the tourist office, i think there are a few available but most of the good stands will probably be sold out by now. Pit walk passes are available but expensive and as you can do it for free on the friday why bother. i think you will be able to get into the circuit before wednesday but not much there that you can see as stuff will be in the process of setting up. Plenty of tenthers willl be at scrutineering the weekend before the race so try and meet up with them and they can tell you what to do and where to go in the first few days
Old 21 Mar 2016, 20:47 (Ref:3625714)   #524
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
T34 Gs is above the pit boxes, I personaly favour the opposite of the pitlane for GSseats. If you are there for the whole week, visit the autograph session on tuesday 17.00 in the pitlane. It is fun and you get to be close to cars and drivers.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 23:57 (Ref:3625762)   #525
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it sounds like if I am showing up early in the week (i.e. on Sunday for scrutineering) I should just be okay with purchasing the ticket at the gate?

I was a bit nervous about doing that initially since I'm travelling from overseas, but from what Mike E has said it if it has worked for him all these years it's probably not a bad idea.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit: I forgot to mention, @whitemr2, is the autograph session on Tuesday similarly free like the open pits on Friday?
Closed Thread