Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9 Aug 2023, 04:10 (Ref:4171917)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 46,845
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Owner For Supercar Category?

Interesting whispers out Tailem Bend way overnight, suggesting that the soon to be renamed Shell V Power Raceway may also have another job in the near future.

If you believe the story wandering around, it seems to suggest that may be a new Boss Hogg in town for the Supercar series.

With the brothers reportedly extracting a kings ransom for their petrol and convenience businesses, the financial capability is definitely apparent.

Story goes it is a full takeover. What that might do for the incumbent management could be interesting to speculate.

Let’s see who breaks an embargo, if there is one, and claim a world scoop.

Presuming any of this actually happened…
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
Go woke, Go broke…
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4171920)   #2
mite5255
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Australia
Caboolture Queensland
Posts: 294
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting whispers out Tailem Bend way overnight, suggesting that the soon to be renamed Shell V Power Raceway may also have another job in the near future.

If you believe the story wandering around, it seems to suggest that may be a new Boss Hogg in town for the Supercar series.

With the brothers reportedly extracting a kings ransom for their petrol and convenience businesses, the financial capability is definitely apparent.

Story goes it is a full takeover. What that might do for the incumbent management could be interesting to speculate.

Let’s see who breaks an embargo, if there is one, and claim a world scoop.

Presuming any of this actually happened…
Come on GTR, you know more, just whisper in my ear and I solemnly promise I'll keep it to myself
mite5255 is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4171923)   #3
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 3,572
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting whispers out Tailem Bend way overnight, suggesting that the soon to be renamed Shell V Power Raceway may also have another job in the near future.

If you believe the story wandering around, it seems to suggest that may be a new Boss Hogg in town for the Supercar series.

With the brothers reportedly extracting a kings ransom for their petrol and convenience businesses, the financial capability is definitely apparent.

Story goes it is a full takeover. What that might do for the incumbent management could be interesting to speculate.

Let’s see who breaks an embargo, if there is one, and claim a world scoop.

Presuming any of thcis actually happened…
7eleven was sold reently.
bluesport is online now  
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4171925)   #4
GreenMachine
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Australia
Canberra
Posts: 305
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean that the bickering in the parity thread will go away? Please?
GreenMachine is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 00:31 (Ref:4172225)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 46,845
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you wait long enough, a journalist may pull their finger out and ask the hard questions..

Here

Be funny if they announce something at the prospective new owners’ V8Supercar round next week now wouldnt it

Presuming any of this actually happened…
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
Go woke, Go broke…
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4172264)   #6
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,256
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfect timing for the announcement.
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4172269)   #7
bludvl_x19
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Australia
umop apisdn
Posts: 1,640
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has the sale of the petrol business passed the ACCC yet? Can't spend money that you don't have...
bludvl_x19 is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4172291)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 46,845
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Has the sale of the petrol business passed the ACCC yet? Can't spend money that you don't have...
Peregrine Corporation were set to purchase V8Supercar even before OTR had been sold.

The potential Boss Hogg is at QR this weekend racing his gruelling dropped egg..
Wonder how hard it might be for someone to ask…
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
Go woke, Go broke…
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4172307)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,604
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the Series actually for sale?
It only just changed hands
Sandgroper is online now  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4172356)   #10
Compromised
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 853
Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Was the Series actually for sale?
It only just changed hands

The current, uh.... situation may be causing the new owners buyers remorse.

I'm all for it, but it has to be a clean house. No Skaife advisory positions please
Compromised is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 01:30 (Ref:4172408)   #11
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,604
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
The current, uh.... situation may be causing the new owners buyers remorse.

I'm all for it, but it has to be a clean house. No Skaife advisory positions please
Clearly something needs to change.
Series seems to be going down a rabbit hole.
Holden leaving hasnt helped IMHO

Needs more brands or something.

The good steerers want to leave.

WHo knows, the devil you know or dont !
Sandgroper is online now  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 04:22 (Ref:4172412)   #12
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 6,645
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
The good steerers want to leave.
SVG is brilliant but his personality has rarely been different. Series now will be better without him.

Cam Waters is a tantrum-prone child who thinks he is as good as he used to be,
cannot look in the mirror and cop to this own mistakes, and his results bear out that he peaked, without winning, when he had the best car.

I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.
Mixer is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 05:51 (Ref:4172419)   #13
Ares
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 235
Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
SVG is brilliant but his personality has rarely been different. Series now will be better without him.

Cam Waters is a tantrum-prone child who thinks he is as good as he used to be,
cannot look in the mirror and cop to this own mistakes, and his results bear out that he peaked, without winning, when he had the best car.

I wouldn't miss him if he was to leave.
And be average somewhere else? Doors will be flying open all over the world.
Ares is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 06:09 (Ref:4172420)   #14
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 3,572
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Clearly something needs to change.
Series seems to be going down a rabbit hole.
Holden leaving hasnt helped IMHO

Needs more brands or something.

The good steerers want to leave.

WHo knows, the devil you know or dont !
Series is much better without holden, they should have left years ago imo.
bluesport is online now  
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 06:21 (Ref:4172421)   #15
Ares
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 235
Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Series is much better without holden, they should have left years ago imo.
Well, you would say that. Maybe you could enlighten us all with a detailed reason why that would have benefited the sport, and added to the motor racing history of Australia? Can't wait!
Ares is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Aug 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4172435)   #16
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 3,572
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Well, you would say that. Maybe you could enlighten us all with a detailed reason why that would have benefited the sport, and added to the motor racing history of Australia? Can't wait!
Holden were just a shitbox family hack paraded as a desirable brand by deluded aussies........good riddance.
bluesport is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 00:07 (Ref:4172637)   #17
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,979
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Needs more brands or something.
As I've said, Gen 3 was the chance to reinvent the category with a wide variety of sports coupes -- not limited to the Ford Mustang, but also the Nissan Z, BMW M4 etc.

It's a shame that didn't happen.

I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why the Australian Touring Car Championship consists exclusively of American pony cars from Detroit. It's not very logical at all.

If the multi-brands during COTF had been handled better, perhaps there would be more brands out there...
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 01:10 (Ref:4172643)   #18
Ares
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 235
Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
As I've said, Gen 3 was the chance to reinvent the category with a wide variety of sports coupes -- not limited to the Ford Mustang, but also the Nissan Z, BMW M4 etc.

It's a shame that didn't happen.

I'm not the only one who doesn't understand why the Australian Touring Car Championship consists exclusively of American pony cars from Detroit. It's not very logical at all.

If the multi-brands during COTF had been handled better, perhaps there would be more brands out there...
It had been Ford and Holden for a very longtime. Did the Merc and Nissan really spice things up? And who are the other people not happy with the Detroit thing? I've never seen it yet? I think it is more the racing than the brands.
Ares is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4172649)   #19
HDTVKSS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 576
HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
As I've said, Gen 3 was the chance to reinvent the category with a wide variety of sports coupes -- not limited to the Ford Mustang, but also the Nissan Z, BMW M4 etc.
The issue here is that GT3 / 4 already exist in a similar space. its unlikely manufacturers are going to invest in a bespoke product in such a small market.
HDTVKSS is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 04:25 (Ref:4172650)   #20
HDTVKSS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 576
HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
There's nothing that's not factual about about commodores being a shitbox family hack.
Ah so its not parity then, its just that Ford has always performed in a substandard manner against a 'shibox' brand and now they are up against the worldwide GM brand its been found badly wanting. got it. time to unwind all recent those changes...
HDTVKSS is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:01 (Ref:4172653)   #21
Alan52
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Australia
Glenmore Park
Posts: 1,692
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last 19 posts have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.A new record!
Meanwhile question is why haven’t the usual motor racing web sites picked up on the sale -prospective or done deal?
Alan52 is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:22 (Ref:4172654)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,396
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Take your Ford V Holden BS elsewhere. This isn't Facebook.
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 05:24 (Ref:4172655)   #23
blaarg
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 308
blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
The issue here is that GT3 / 4 already exist in a similar space. its unlikely manufacturers are going to invest in a bespoke product in such a small market.
It wouldn't take much to convert GEN3 to GT3 spec if new owners take the series on the same path as DTM
blaarg is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 06:07 (Ref:4172656)   #24
Ares
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 235
Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Take your Ford V Holden BS elsewhere. This isn't Facebook.
Maybe the wrong thread, but Ford vs Holden is what Supercars was built on. This is what most conversation on here has been about for years. I don't know where you have been? So what are you going to chat about? or is that it?
Ares is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Aug 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4172669)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran
 
Woolley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
England
Wolverhampton, England
Posts: 12,451
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, dear, looks like the school holidays have kicked off. 20 odd posts deleted, keep it civil.
Woolley is offline  
__________________
Bill Bryson: It is no longer permitted to be stupid and slow. You must choose one or the other.
Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New V8 Touring Car Category 2008 Kerri Australasian Touring Cars. 33 19 Jan 2008 07:22
New racing category forum? skyblue National & International Single Seaters 3 24 Aug 2004 18:09
New LMP Category... Tim Northcutt Sportscar & GT Racing 36 31 Mar 2003 12:18
New team arrives in LMP900 Category SALEEN S7R Sportscar & GT Racing 3 30 Dec 2002 17:23


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2021 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2021-2022 Grant MacDonald. All Rights Reserved.