Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 13 Dec 2004, 23:28 (Ref:1178791)   #1
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The word is " P R O V I S I O N A L "

Taken from the BTCC forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I see that TOCA have changed the BTCC calander to avoid clashes with the GP. The calander now looks like this:-

April 9-10 - Donington Park, Leicestershire
April 30-May 1 -Thruxton, Hampshire
June 4-5 - Brands Hatch, Kent
June 18-19 - Oulton Park, Cheshire
July 16-17 - Croft, North Yorkshire
July 23-24 - Mondello Park, County Kildare
August 6-7 - Snetterton, Norfolk
August 27-28 - Knockhill, Fife
September 17-18 - Silverstone, Northamptonshire
October 1-2 - Brands Hatch, Kent

The changes are the first Brands round move back a week and the Croft date also move back a week, which means it is back to back with Mondello.
So as has been mentioned in other forums and threads, my advice is to treat all 'published' 2005 calendars as PROVISIONAL
You see, this year - as every year - one change to the F1 calendar has a massive impact on the whole national calendar.
Taking the quoted BTCC calendar as an example. Brands and Croft have moved dates. Whatever may have been on the 'now lost to TOCA dates' will be moved elsewhere [or lost] and other classes are then moved to accomodate these changes. The contents of other meetings are then changed around to make this fit, so what you have seen published is subject to change - major change.

So as I say every winter, don't book your holidays on the strength of these 'Provisional' calendars. Wait until the Autosport Show in January - when the clubs tend to have calendar handouts on their stands. And even then, they won't be 100%, but probably 95%.

And don't forget, when other International series decide they want to move their Donington, or Silverstone date, the whole sorry dates merry go round starts again.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1195329)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Further down the food-chain

Spare no sympathy for the BTCC they are relatively safe in the knowledge that circuits will bend over backwards to accomodate them.

It is the lesser championships and events that suffer. They must wait and wait and wait for the 'major championships' to pull their collective fingers out. Meanwhile potential sponsors pull out and they end up with double header week-ends with events at opposite ends of the country.