Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3254589)   #201
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Here's the thing of great purpose, via the Le Mans facebook page

This looks awfull, don't like it, it just doesn't fit in!
Old 28 May 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3254599)   #202
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like it won't fit a lot of info. Hope they know what they are doing. It's probably just about the money.
Old 28 May 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3254601)   #203
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Pictures of the start of the race will never be like they used to!
Old 28 May 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3254618)   #204
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not too sure what I make of it, but if what my dad tells me is correct, many people were offended by the Starship Enterprise when it was built in 1991...now it's just seen as normal and part of the race.

From the late 1920s to the early 1960s, there was a whopping great scoreboard on the Dunlop Curve. Food for thought.
Old 28 May 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3254638)   #205
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
People don't like change - I am sure some people objected when the Dunlop bridge was built. It will probably be just as much of an icon to the next generation of fans!
Old 28 May 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3254647)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always liked the Starship Enterprise, personally....

That other thing just looks like one of my nipper's hockey sticks.....
Attached Thumbnails
edit.jpg  

Last edited by Aysedasi; 28 May 2013 at 18:10.
Old 28 May 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3254649)   #207
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah if that's the worst Le Mans gets changed in the next couple of years then I think we have to be satisfied.
Old 29 May 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3255003)   #208
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was there during the Moto GP the other weekend and it didn't look to bad on the TV.
Old 29 May 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3255082)   #209
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess we'll get used to it soon enough......
Old 30 May 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3255360)   #210
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*whipes brow* my camera has arrived.
Old 30 May 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3255390)   #211
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Just bought a new Sony 75-300 lens for my Sony A55 from Ebay for only £129.00 which seems like a bargain to me
Old 30 May 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3255463)   #212
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I just had a rush of blood, and bought a shiny 80-200 f2.8 AF-S for the Nikon.
Used, but still a lot more than a ton.
But it's LOVELY.

I sit there crooning to it. "We loves the Preshiousssss...."
Old 30 May 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3255464)   #213
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

Want to play a riddle game?
Old 30 May 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3255498)   #214
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I just had a rush of blood, and bought a shiny 80-200 f2.8 AF-S for the Nikon.
Used, but still a lot more than a ton.
But it's LOVELY.

Beautiful lens, looking forward to seeing your results.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3256559)   #215
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Want to play a riddle game?
Old 2 Jun 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3256620)   #216
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had another e mail from the ACO trying to get sales for fathers day, there was quite a bit of old stuff on sale including the 2010 aston t shirt for 6 euro's, might get one of those when I get down there if they still have them.
http://boutique.lemans.org/catalogue...paign=30052013
Old 3 Jun 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3256908)   #217
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Beautiful lens, looking forward to seeing your results.
Blancpain shots show promise... My flickr has the first image up. I had to play chauffeur to Jake before sitting down and eating...
Old 3 Jun 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3256975)   #218
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Bought myself a monopod, should make life a little easier with the 400mm lens
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3256993)   #219
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the Friday garage visit in mind, I bought a very pink polo shirt at the weekend.

Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3256995)   #220
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
With the Friday garage visit in mind, I bought a very pink polo shirt at the weekend.

And, Emily has had a map update, which should minimise the risk of her disgracing herself this year.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3256996)   #221
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I assume Emily is your name for the Sat Nav, but using that means you miss so much, you always find the best places when you are lost,
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3257007)   #222
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I assume Emily is your name for the Sat Nav, but using that means you miss so much, you always find the best places when you are lost,
I don't disagree....Doris (Emily's predecessor) had an extraordinary talent for finding impassible farm tracks and dead ends....as Ayse can confirm.

Oh, and she nearly killed me in central London....sent me the wrong way down a one way street....I sat facing 3 lanes of oncoming traffic with a stationary bus blocking my only escape (reversing back onto the road I had just turned off). At that moment I knew Doris and I would soon be parting company.....
Old 3 Jun 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3257020)   #223
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In case of very high humidity from the sky, I have purchased this:
"Humidity" cover for SLR cameras
Hope that it will keep any humidity away from the race
Old 3 Jun 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3257094)   #224
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I don't disagree....Doris (Emily's predecessor) had an extraordinary talent for finding impassible farm tracks and dead ends....as Ayse can confirm.

Oh, and she nearly killed me in central London....sent me the wrong way down a one way street....I sat facing 3 lanes of oncoming traffic with a stationary bus blocking my only escape (reversing back onto the road I had just turned off). At that moment I knew Doris and I would soon be parting company.....
I rarely use sat nav in France. I always plot a route on the map as satnav misses so many of the best routes. We completely avoid the autoroutes and also miss most of the main roads. The back roads in France are such good driving roads and nearly always empty

and James - satnav should not be used to replace or ignore road signs
Old 3 Jun 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3257099)   #225
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Who needs a Sat nav the old N138 to le mans runs along the old roman road almost dead straight I am sure even a teenager should be able to follow that.