Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2675667)   #1051
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Easy - just close your eyes and listen to it!
If I could make one and only one exception to the new LMP rules for 2011, I would find a way to allow the Aston's to carry on - a sound like no other. In contrast with other V12's it's also suprisingly quiet from trackside.

Given that the '08 Charouz car didn't have anything like as nicer sound, I've always wondered if part of the design process for the Aston's exhaust system included input from aural tests!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2676094)   #1052
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
But one of those Astons has the BUTT UGLY paint scheme of Signature.
I can live with it, as Graham says.... I only need to close my eyes and listen to it go by!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2676169)   #1053
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
But one of those Astons has the BUTT UGLY paint scheme of Signature.
sorry to disagree - it is quite nice in the flesh and very much understated - first quick glance it looked like a Puegeot....

Entry list for Spa is already out....came out on the 15th with an update with the Hache cars on the 16th - here's the link http://www.planetlemans.com/lms-2010...pa-entry-list/

going to be a great event - thankgoodness the planes are beginning to fly again!!
Old 19 Apr 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2676200)   #1054
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was about to ask about the state of the Spa circuit, but just saw the good news on the home page of the site.

It's going to be a very nice race. Seems the works Aston decided to stay away. They might be afraid they'll show all the speed they try not to show and actually give the dieselheads a fight. Although, I think we may see for the first time the Audis and Peugeots close to the edge.
I'm eager to see how GT1 goes. Hopefully they don't break or look poor-ish, or else we could have a bunch of sad looking shadow of their former selves cars.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2676226)   #1055
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that the entrylist at Planetlemans is currently non-official.

It is a combination of drivers and teams from team/series press releases mixed with full season entries.

Hache Team was added this weekend after receiving info from Spain that both cars should be on the grid in Belgium.

The official entry list from the Le Mans Series organisers has not been released yet, but as I said before the deadline for entries was April 9th, so should be out soon.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 03:58 (Ref:2676305)   #1056
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
You know, Le Mans might have to do something more for their pit lane if one of the 'support races" starts having a bigger field than the main event, lol.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2676987)   #1057
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm really looking forward to Spa now. How nice of them to set this good a race up for my birthday!
Old 17 May 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2692126)   #1058
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport print edition said that ASM will be on P1 next year (like WR and Hopepole guys)
Old 17 May 2010, 04:11 (Ref:2692183)   #1059
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone think that Audi may enter at least one more LMS round after Oreca's DNF at Spa(Audi have entered Paul Ricard, Spa, and Silverstone). LMS' rules state that a team has to enter 4 out of 5 races to be classified in the championship. Joest signed on as a full season entry, even though the plan was to enter only 3 races.

But with Allan and Dindo finishing 1st and 3rd at Paul Ricard and Spa, and Oreca finishing 4th and scoring any points at Spa, does one think that Audi may try and steal the drivers', teams' and manufacturers' championships by entering either Algrave, Hungaroring, or both, under the guise of testing for the LMIC?
Old 17 May 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2692196)   #1060
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think they'll go for it, which race it'll be that they'll enter is another question.
Old 17 May 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2692777)   #1061
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
I sure hope they enter Portimão!

I noticed the RLM guys are still ****ed off at the way things went in race conditions last year. It's really embarrassing that that sort of image comes out from the country.
What's really even worse is that is a daily problem in this country!
But it's a pity they don't even try to save face with their visitors.

Hopefully the ACO won't cancel the race (highly doubt it!) and hopefully a big team or big teams enter to help keep it even more alive!
Old 17 May 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2692784)   #1062
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Autosport print edition said that ASM will be on P1 next year (like WR and Hopepole guys)
With a Ginetta still or going to change to something else?
Old 17 May 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2692826)   #1063
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would imagine with the same exact car that they run/own now, with the ZG348 being Zytek's P-1 rules compliant engine for next year.

L.P.
Old 18 May 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2693091)   #1064
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
very old news... that is known since August 2009. Miguel Amaral and António Simões had told us at www.lemansportugal.com back then.
Old 18 May 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2693093)   #1065
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would imagine with the same exact car that they run/own now, with the ZG348 being Zytek's P-1 rules compliant engine for next year.
L.P.
Correct.... a simple equation! If the car is P1, we go P1....
Old 19 May 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2693761)   #1066
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I think they'll go for it, which race it'll be that they'll enter is another question.
Algarve is similar to Road Atlanta and to an extent, Silverstone, but Hungaroring is in Hungary, where Audi has a big engine and chassis manufacturing plant.

I wouldn't surprise me if they do both races, even though Audi said that a full LMS season isn't likely. But that was about 9 months ago, and they're registered as a full season entry. If they enter either the #8 or #9 Audis(maybe the #8, since it's drivers are listed for the LMIC, though Kristensen and Rocky may get the nod due to the Fassler having other ALMS/LMS comittments and Truyler and Lotterer having Super GT commitments) for the remaining LMS races, they'll almost certianly get a top 5 points finish, and might even do better than Oreca if the season contiues to go badly for the #4 908.
Old 20 May 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2695083)   #1067
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere: Tidbit from this week's Autosport print edition - Sam Hancock's deal with Aston apparently covers the LMS at Silverstone as well as LM.
Old 21 May 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2695280)   #1068
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Am I right in thinking it's Aston's last chance to run this car? Prodrive 20 miles up the road.
It'll be a Factory Day Out!
Old 29 Jun 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2719803)   #1069
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beechdean Mansell have opted to miss the next LMS race at Portugal, as they've still to fix their car after Le Mans 24hr. Leo and Greg will be back for Hungary with Nige' set to make a return for Silverstone in September.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2720090)   #1070
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Entrylist for Portimao

Guess that's a preview on next year's non-Intercontinental Cup-rounds...
Old 30 Jun 2010, 04:21 (Ref:2720156)   #1071
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Beechdean Mansell have opted to miss the next LMS race at Portugal, as they've still to fix their car after Le Mans 24hr. Leo and Greg will be back for Hungary with Nige' set to make a return for Silverstone in September.
Not the serious effort I was hoping to see ..... suspected as much .

2nd miss ..... with works support , shame on them .
Old 30 Jun 2010, 04:40 (Ref:2720159)   #1072
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Entrylist for Portimao

Guess that's a preview on next year's non-Intercontinental Cup-rounds...
Interesting driver line-up in the #44 Dams car.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 05:52 (Ref:2720170)   #1073
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a poor turnout to Portugal. Is it because of the reported high cost to race at the Algarve at this time of year, with respect to accommodation etc?

Disappointing to see the Beechdean Mansell car not there, kind of expected more from such a name...

I think that the ACO should look at races like this when making their mind up for 2011 Le Mans selections...
Old 30 Jun 2010, 05:57 (Ref:2720173)   #1074
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Interesting driver line-up in the #44 Dams car.
I noticed that too.....

All being well I planning to pop over to Oulton Park the weekend after Portimao to see them race in the Speed Championship.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 06:38 (Ref:2720184)   #1075
Jody Firth
Rookie

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Jody Firth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you noticed Bentley and rdjones! Looking forward to seeing you at Oulton Park then.