Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:13 (Ref:844138)   #451
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or maybe Sergio has got it wrong?
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:16 (Ref:844142)   #452
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It isn´t a Sergio´s new.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:18 (Ref:844145)   #453
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
maybe his web isn´t well updated.
I think not. Yesterday they posted a news item about Huisman's visit to a Race&Rally show in Holland. He demonstrated his Carrera Cup Porsche and was interviewed by the host.

Last edited by FIRE; 20 Jan 2004 at 15:20.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:20 (Ref:844148)   #454
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Huisman story was in last week's Autosport
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:844153)   #455
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed Graham, but isnt Patrick Huisman as was orginally thought, it is indeed Duncan Huisman.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:31 (Ref:844158)   #456
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Duncan and not his older broter Patrick that surprises me.
Will Duncan do ETCC (with Carly Motors) and LMES? Or only LMES?

Last edited by FIRE; 20 Jan 2004 at 15:31.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 15:50 (Ref:844185)   #457
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
- telly : no Eurosport coverage ; LMES is looking for another satellite channel
Not a good idea because Eurosport is free and covers (almost) entire Europe. To attract sponsoring they need TV. On the other hand maybe they try to sell LMES to national TV channels in Europe.

Quote:

- Le Manns in a championship : never !
- points : there will be points, winners overall, class winners, by event and for the championship, for cars and pilots as well
- entries for one event : no problem
- pits : there will be a very very very strict technical control of the car by ACO's technical board ; it will be very diificult for national championship cars to enter.

Ratel precises too that he will encourage FIA-GT runners to enter LMES too...
Ok
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:30 (Ref:844236)   #458
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christ... If it goes on either Motors TV or Eurosport it will be doomed to scheduling hell!

I haven't yet managed to find a programme that actually airs when the listings say its going to on either of them! If a station is supposed to show the races or have proper programmes, they should set a time and STICK TO IT!!!! (Sorry, just in case anyone from Motors or Eurosport is reading ;-))
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:34 (Ref:844240)   #459
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have motors TV but I do have Eurosport and I know exactly what you mean! Many times I have sat down to watch some motor racing on that channel and its been something else! Some times the race I wanted to watch is even cancelled! Suppose it being late is better then nothing though

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:46 (Ref:844256)   #460
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I havent noticed the problem as much on MotorTV as there is on Eurosport.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:48 (Ref:844259)   #461
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
From what Fab has said there isnt a deal in place with Eurosport as of yet. Im hopeful that Sky Sports will get the contract personally, they did a great job with the ELMS back in 2001 and they do stick to their time table!
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:52 (Ref:844262)   #462
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I can see your point, but if MotorsTV get it you are more likely to get more airtime especially live.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:53 (Ref:844265)   #463
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
The only ELMS race I saw on Eurosport was when I was in the Canary Islands and even then I had to watch it in complete silence! I have no idea why, even if it had been in spanish it still would of made it better, I even had to put money in our hotel TV to make the blasted thing work!

Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:56 (Ref:844268)   #464
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
I can see your point, but if MotorsTV get it you are more likely to get more airtime especially live.
Not neccaricly, Sky showed the ELMS live, for the entire 3hr duration. As for Motors TV, yes I like the channel also, but myself and every other cable TV viewer in the UK cannot receive Motors TV.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 16:58 (Ref:844272)   #465
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
I don't even have Sky sports, parents say its not worth the price just for an extra channel Another reason why i need DSC so much

Old 20 Jan 2004, 17:27 (Ref:844295)   #466
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Not neccaricly, Sky showed the ELMS live, for the entire 3hr duration. As for Motors TV, yes I like the channel also, but myself and every other cable TV viewer in the UK cannot receive Motors TV.
I used to have cable, but when I moved last August cable did not cover the area so I switch to satellite. I cannot beleive how much better and more sorted satellite is. If I had realised I would have switched years ago.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 17:58 (Ref:844321)   #467
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yeah I agree cable is not as good as Sky, but as I still live at home and my parents are paying for me to have a box in my room and they pay for it Im not going to complain. When I move out though I will be getting Sky, purley for the reason Motors TV isnt available on NTL, but then thats more hassle as my broadband connection is also with NTL. Oh well...
Old 20 Jan 2004, 18:31 (Ref:844362)   #468
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would bet money on Sky Sports coverage. They are looking for a series to cover now that Champ Cars is up in the air.

If McRae, MCNish, Smith enter it is almost certain they will cover it.

They also used to cover the ELMS live and FIA SCC highlights.

Motors may also cover events live, in there entiety, as they have with the likes of Bathurst.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 18:39 (Ref:844370)   #469
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There's rumours starting to kick around about Villeneuve wanting to do LeMans again !!! What about McRea-McNish-Villeneuve in a Prodrive Ferrari . After all he has connections to Dave Richards from his days at BAR !!! Good rumour ..... lmao
Old 20 Jan 2004, 18:40 (Ref:844373)   #470
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McNish is going the Audi UK if he does not get the Jordan drive, which seems unlikely.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 18:42 (Ref:844380)   #471
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, JV at Prodrive, an excellent rumor!
Old 20 Jan 2004, 20:54 (Ref:844532)   #472
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
I would bet money on Sky Sports coverage. They are looking for a series to cover now that Champ Cars is up in the air.

If McRae, MCNish, Smith enter it is almost certain they will cover it.

They also used to cover the ELMS live and FIA SCC highlights.

Motors may also cover events live, in there entiety, as they have with the likes of Bathurst.
Sky sports still do cover the FIA SCC Jag. Their programme "world motorsport" covers the FIA SCC events, although about 2 months after the event at least. Its normally a 2:30 minutes programme, the first hour covering either, FIA SCC, DTM, Formula Nippon or Euro F3, and the 2nd hour is normally British club racing like FPA, Radicals and the Super Coupe cup, with the last half hour being dedicated to rallying...

In case anyone is intrested next week they are covering the FIA SCC from Donnington, a 1hr programme.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:05 (Ref:844549)   #473
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yeah I agree cable is not as good as Sky, but as I still live at home and my parents are paying for me to have a box in my room and they pay for it Im not going to complain. When I move out though I will be getting Sky, purley for the reason Motors TV isnt available on NTL, but then thats more hassle as my broadband connection is also with NTL. Oh well...
Don't even get me start on this one - I havn't got NTL or Sky, we have Telewest and they don't show MotorsTV either. Personally I would like to see it on the BBC so that the mass market can see how good sportscar racing is........
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:13 (Ref:844559)   #474
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
On the point of BBC I thought their coverage of the Rockingham CART race a few years ago was poo! I was actually there and the race was quite good IMO but the coverage was rubbish, but the BBC did have good coverage of the British round of the WRC. Being as Eurosport isn't always reliable I would not mind seeing the races on BBC.

Last edited by Duffacus; 20 Jan 2004 at 21:13.

Old 21 Jan 2004, 06:43 (Ref:845032)   #475
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Not a good idea because Eurosport is free and covers (almost) entire Europe. To attract sponsoring they need TV. On the other hand maybe they try to sell LMES to national TV channels in Europe.
I wasn't clear on that : LMES had no choice, Eurosport said "no"... a too busy grid already (F1, FIA-GT).