Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1591910)   #1
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 on eurosport

The coverage was terrible! the race director seemed to be clueless; then eurosport seemed to chop out a good few laps mid race

seemed fairly exciting battles in between the accidents but hard to follow

hope the tv coverage is better tomorrow - imagine if the grand prix was like that!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1591925)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It most probably will be. They managed to miss Schueys hot lap today in qualifying.

Just poor directing.....

Eurosport did cut out about six laps mid-race....but I am just glad they showed it full stop.....I had visions of the snooker over-running!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:49 (Ref:1591927)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The main thing is that it was a good race, however how come it wasn't live today and is it live tomorrow?
Old 22 Apr 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1591939)   #4
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know where to direct my anger first - at the director, for missing passes, battles and incidents while relentlessly following Bruni at the front, or Eurosport, for their unforgivable editing out of the crucial pitstops under safety car!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1591943)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A big shame that the coverage was so lacking today, but not because of Martin Haven or Gareth Rees. Both commentators did a good job under the circumstances IMO. Race 1 seemed pretty good all the way through although it was a shame to see Hamilton retire with some sort of mechanical failure? And it was also a shame to see Carroll be punted off when he was running so strongly.

Hopefully tommorow the director will get his/her act together and focus on the racing.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1591957)   #6
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He looked like he punted himself off.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1591959)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The director was also poor during the F1 qualifying today....
Old 22 Apr 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1591989)   #8
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
A big shame that the coverage was so lacking today, but not because of Martin Haven or Gareth Rees. Both commentators did a good job under the circumstances IMO. Race 1 seemed pretty good all the way through although it was a shame to see Hamilton retire with some sort of mechanical failure? And it was also a shame to see Carroll be punted off when he was running so strongly.

Hopefully tommorow the director will get his/her act together and focus on the racing.
carroll crashed all by himself that time. and hamilton was DQ'ed either for overtaking the leader on the warm up lap aswell as overtaking the safety car when it was out. or maybe both. silly boy. but yes the imola director was awful.....one thing though for mr haven, was that gianmaria bruni you comentated on in gp2 last year the twin brother of todays winner or something, because i dont remember a bruni racing in f1 last year at all....
Old 22 Apr 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1591994)   #9
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indeed the commentary was very good, although i wonder whether they like me throught the race start was another formation lap, which is what i initially reckoned!!!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1592932)   #10
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I don't know where to direct my anger first - at the director, for missing passes, battles and incidents while relentlessly following Bruni at the front, or Eurosport, for their unforgivable editing out of the crucial pitstops under safety car!
True, the safety-car pit-stops did disappear but little changed re: positions then... except for the Lewis Hamilton fiasco.

And there's no chance the director would have seen that! He's not Italian!

Last edited by Martin Haven; 23 Apr 2006 at 16:46.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1592935)   #11
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
one thing though for mr haven, was that gianmaria bruni you comentated on in gp2 last year the twin brother of todays winner or something, because i dont remember a bruni racing in f1 last year at all....
Not quite sure which of my few remaining brain cells was persuading me of Bruni's F1 presence at Imola last year...

Still... I am really, really old!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1592939)   #12
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon
indeed the commentary was very good, although i wonder whether they like me throught the race start was another formation lap, which is what i initially reckoned!!!
In the end, I thought the whole race was a parade lap by Gimmi Bruni...

there were some other Italians on track as well...
Old 23 Apr 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1592969)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martin - completely of topic but as you're around!! Eurosport had me throwing things at the TV this weekend with the 24 hour bike coverage from Le Mans. They didn't keep to the scheduled times (Sky) so I kept missing chunks and then they cut away from the race two corners after the winner had taken the final flag. No slowing down lap, no jubilant team, no podium - to go to WSBK studio discussion

I know it's not your fault!! Any chance you could pass it along to someone who might care?!!!

Cheers - shame about the GP2 coverage, I'm happy though, Viso did well!!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1593036)   #14
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Not quite sure which of my few remaining brain cells was persuading me of Bruni's F1 presence at Imola last year...

Still... I am really, really old!
thats ok i forgive you. i guess in your circumstances you guys do a good job, what with getting the same rubbish feed as the viewer and all. and the director was crap. (even in todays f1 race he missed a few spins here and there). at least its funny when you screw up!! you and gareth are still my favorite gp2 commentators!

.......thats free of charge by the way, martin!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1593043)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Creep.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1593103)   #16
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
todays gp 2 race was a lot of fun to watch much more fun that the f1 there are some real good drivers in it too. nelson piquet jrs move around the outside of the aquaminaraley (yes i can not spell) will stay in my mind for a long time. if only f1 had slicks and gp2 wings
Old 23 Apr 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1593138)   #17
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye, some of the overtaking was very impressive - surley Bernie/Max must realise the GP2 formula is a good 'un and replicate it into F1, then it would be better to watch IMO.

They could just rebrand GP2 as F1