Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2699078)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Our hosts for the 2010 10Tenths garage visit will be..............

LOLA CARS chez DRAYSON RACING

The visit will take place on Friday 11th June 2010 and I suggest we meet at 12:45 next to the pit wall opposite the Drayson Racing pit garage for a 13:00 start time. I would anticipate an approximate half hour duration for the visit.

Sam Smith (Communications Manager, Lola Cars) has coordinated the visit and will be our point of contact throughout.

I am delighted to say that, barring any last minute unforeseen commitments, none other than Julian (Jules) Sole (Chief Engineer, Lola Cars) will be present to answer any technical questions which may arise during the visit.

Last but not least, Dan Cox (Aerodynamicist, Lola Cars), the Lola representative assigned to Drayson Racing for 2010 will also be present. He has a working knowledge of Drayson Racing and will be available to answer questions, technical or otherwise.

It is not inconceivable that we might find ourselves in the presence of 'The Lord' himself, Johnny Cocker, Emanuele Pirro or Dale White. Should they appear, we will be introduced.

The list of attendees is as follows:
Aysedasi
Dani Filth
GT6
Hursty
Down FOrce
Nobster
AllonFS
lemansfan
Kpy
batmobile
Craig
Bentley03

PascaLM (Sam has agreed Pascal's inclusion, if he's available)
Reserve: Mal

There will be personalised invitations/ID cards for all those attending. I shall distribute these when we meet by the pit wall at 12:45. Hold on to these cards throughout, please.

Lastly, my sincere thanks to all those involved in setting this up, as well as those who will give up their valuable time to entertain us at Le Mans. Your efforts on our behalf are hugely appreciated. Thank you all!
Old 27 May 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2699081)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sounds great, another wonderful visit to look forward to.

Thanks James for all your hard work, see you in under 2 weeks now.
Old 27 May 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2699082)   #3
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Many thanks again James and Andrew. Sounds fantastic, a true legend of a manufacturer and one of the most professional racing teams. Should be really special. (And I promise not to ask questions about the T70, one of my favourite cars of all time)
Old 27 May 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2699086)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant. Well done James.
See you at 12.45 on Friday 11th June.
Old 27 May 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2699094)   #5
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks James and Andrew. This looks like a fantastic visit, and will certainly open my eyes to another side of le Mans.
Mike.
Old 27 May 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2699104)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I had volunteered myself for the "reserve" list, I banned myself from getting too excited or guessing who the team may be. I must confess though, Drayson Racing was a team that I did consider. I cannot wait to meet the team and get up close to their Lola machine. June cannot come soon enough! Can't wait to see you all there!
Old 27 May 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2699113)   #7
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As ASTON MARTIN sounds a lot for me, congratulations for this visit. Many thanks.
Old 27 May 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2699125)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Great looking car, can't wait to see it from close range. Brilliant James well done!
Old 27 May 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2699209)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic!! As Andrew will tell you Drayson were right up there on my wish list for our visit!! I am really excited to be back in the pits again after an extended holiday and look forward to seeing this pit in particular!
Old 27 May 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2699285)   #10
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you very much James !!!! This will be Highlight from this Years Le Mans Week .
Old 27 May 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2699349)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enjoy folks, wish I could be with you, enjoy the visit.

I was lucky enough to meet his Lordship at Silverstone last year at the LMS meeting on the Friday and we where invited me in the garage to have a look at there new toy, as it was then.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2699845)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
PascaLM (Sam has agreed Pascal's inclusion, if he's available)
PascaLM contacted me this morning, and I'm delighted to say that he will be joining us on the Friday afternoon for what will be his first 10Tenths garage visit.

We'll all look forward to seeing you there, Pascal!
Old 28 May 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2699847)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We'll all look forward to seeing you there, Pascal!
Yes we do
Old 28 May 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2700097)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's simply fantastic ! If I can remember, the last time I went in the garages was in 1993.
Thanks a lot for this very special event. I'd be very pleased to meet Emanuele Pirro who speaks a rather good french !

Last edited by PascaLM; 28 May 2010 at 19:44.
Old 31 May 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2701602)   #15
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
This sounds very good guys. Shame I wont be able to joint you.
I geuss there'll be next time. I also like to point out that I'm still running on very fine memories from the 10/10ths visit last year.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2703784)   #16
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm sure everyone's checked already, but just in case, Drayson Racing are half way along the pitlane in garage #27.

This time next week, we'll actually be in the Drayson pit garage!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2703786)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Oops....no we won't, I'm a day early!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2703787)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm sure everyone's checked already, but just in case, Drayson Racing are half way along the pitlane in garage #27.

Right in the middle of the PIt Lane, so it will be a little busy around there at this time in 1 week and 1 day (it's only thursday today James)
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2703992)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oops....no we won't, I'm a day early!
Let's not wish it away James, we have 5 whole days of enjoyment in France (well, mostly in France) before then !
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2704033)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will you need our mobile phone numbers, just in case?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2704046)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't have thought so - it's a case of be there or be very square.....
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2704049)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I'll be there well in advance!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2704068)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Will you need our mobile phone numbers, just in case?
Unless it's changed, I still have your number stored in my phone from last year (....996). Have you kept mine (....124)?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2704097)   #24
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm just gonna look for the hat .. you'll still have the hat wont you ayse ?

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jun 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2704105)   #25
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I have a new phone James, I'll PM my new number if you need it? I'll be there well in advance anyway, but you never know!