Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Apr 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1901614)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess we all have to have our take on Le Mans. Change can be good, I accept that, but change for the sake of it (or for the sake of bikes) doesn't come into that category for me. Obviously we won't agree about the track after Dunlop (any more than I could agree with anyone that the chicanes on the Mulsanne or the chicane before Dunlop were good.....). It's all a case of 'in my opinion.....'
Old 27 Apr 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1901684)   #127
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some great pics there Ayse....!
Old 27 Apr 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1901704)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just bringing back the memories.......
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1901730)   #129
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
thanks though, nice to see that Dunlop view again...
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1901731)   #130
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, you don't have any piece of the track with a view like that anymore. They flattened the hump before Mulsanne, and then they added those extra esses, not that the track doesn't have enough already with the Porsche Curves. I'll bet that run down the hill straight into the Esse was pretty intimidating for the drivers, and obviously it was a great photo spot. Another big thing about it is the proximity of the walls. With the walls closer in like they were, it didn't looked like some road winding through the desert or something. Heck, there are actually spectators and GREENERY close enough in to the track be seen in the shot Ayse just posted.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1901769)   #131
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i used to like how the cars popped over the brow, i don't suppose its actually that different now...it just seems different.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1901781)   #132
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They had to flatten the Mulsanne hump after the Mercedes went flying! Too dangerous in the wrong conditions! But I'll concede the drop after the dunlop bridge was much better if only to see who bottled it into the corner! Also bring back the Mulsanne straight with modern technology in braking it surely cant be that dangerous?
Old 27 Apr 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1901857)   #133
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
They had to flatten the Mulsanne hump after the Mercedes went flying! Too dangerous in the wrong conditions! But I'll concede the drop after the dunlop bridge was much better if only to see who bottled it into the corner! Also bring back the Mulsanne straight with modern technology in braking it surely cant be that dangerous?
yes they obliterated history because of a manufacturer who then promptly disappeared...and its most famous "flight" wasn't even at the hump. its enough to give you the errrr...hump.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 01:36 (Ref:1902004)   #134
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I have a love/hate relationship with the post 1990 changes. Yes, it seems more fun to drive through the Mulsanne chicanes, and the run down after the Dunlop Bridge as it is now. Yes, its more fun to go through fast corners and have something to break up the monotony, and those sections are fun to go through on Gran Turismo 4, but the nostalgia just isn't there as much.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1902076)   #135
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does any one have a pic of the Dunlop Chicane from the stand?
Old 28 Apr 2007, 09:14 (Ref:1902098)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, because I've never been in the stands nearer to Dunlop to do it.
Old 1 May 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1904335)   #137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got tertre rouge tickets today, they seem very different to last year, but I was wondering if all the work on the track has had any effect on the usual entry to the campsite from the main road (from Carrefore onto the Mulsanne). Has anyone been down there? the tickets do indicate that the access is still open but I thought the track widening might have some effect.
Old 1 May 2007, 20:37 (Ref:1904517)   #138
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont know if anyone seen "road to le mans" on motors-TV they had 1988 it was so nice to see no chicanes but how little run off !!
Old 2 May 2007, 13:12 (Ref:1904976)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I remember 88 pretty well anyway - I've watched the RLM Video so often I wore out my first copy and had to buy another.......
Old 2 May 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1904989)   #140
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched some of it last night, unfortunately some of us weren't born so can't remember the event itself

The cars were gorgeous...
Old 2 May 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1905041)   #141
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got in love with endurance racing in 1989, when I was 5 years and I watched a TV summary of Le Mans 88 edition; I was fascinated those cars that had been fought for the victory for 24 hours

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 2 May 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1905138)   #142
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage M6
I got in love with endurance racing in 1989, when I was 5 years and I watched a TV summary of Le Mans 88 edition; I was fascinated those cars that had been fought for the victory for 24 hours
Then get the DVD of 1969 (La Ronde Infernale) I was 5 then and 7 when my dad took me to the cinema to see "Las 24 Horas de Le Mans" ;-)
Old 2 May 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1905192)   #143
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
[...] when my dad took me to the cinema to see "Las 24 Horas de Le Mans" ;-)
Le Mans...I've seen this film hundreds of times

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 2 May 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1905242)   #144
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I watched some of it last night, unfortunately some of us weren't born so can't remember the event itself

The cars were gorgeous...
Dear lord that makes me feel old!

I was 20 and looking forward to small career in the Royal Navy about then! Really miss the WSPC days. Group C were certainly a sight and sound (AMR1 and C9/88-C9/89 needless to say!) to behold!
Old 2 May 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1905272)   #145
kdr
Veteran

try and keep on thread folks, every time i see someone has posted on this topic i think i'm going see some new pictures of tertre rouge!
Old 2 May 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1905321)   #146
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
try and keep on thread folks, every time i see someone has posted on this topic i think i'm going see some new pictures of tertre rouge!
we need new pics !
Old 2 May 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1905371)   #147
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not a photo, but thought I'd mention (don't think I did already) that a week and a half ago I talked to friends of mine who live about an hour from Le Mans to chat about the first part of the election, and it was 32c at their place!!...who knows, but it may be a real hot bugger for the enclosed cars this year (look out Astons!) and any more lack of trees will be surely missed.
Old 2 May 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1905411)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
May be a 'real hot bugger' for the fans too!
Old 3 May 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1905848)   #149
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the trees at the end of Indianapolis were a god send last year. I don't think the ACO think about this fact when chopping them down at the likes of TR
Old 3 May 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1905916)   #150
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As was said earlier, it's not just a case of losing the shade, is it? Stripping the circuit of foliage, trees and other pleasant sights makes it all the more like any other circuit. We need to stand up and be counted! No more change for the sake of it!!