Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1914105)   #176
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Say Aysedasi,you weren't by any chance camping at Houx annexe last year were you? And you haven't then by any chance visited a group of noisy dutchmen during one night haven't you?
Old 15 May 2007, 17:56 (Ref:1914116)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No my friend, haven't camped for years! Me and my soft English Tourists stay in a hotelm (although I'm at the circuit during the night).
Old 26 May 2007, 14:09 (Ref:1921603)   #178
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
update of pictures on lemans.org : Tertre Rouge appears fully finished, but the new pits area has a lot of work to be done! Hopefully the teams won't arrive too early...

more infos from the latest issue of Le Mans Racing :
- the giant screen at the end of the pit lane will be on the top of the new garages
- another giant screen will be at Tertre rouge, outside of the track, facing the spectators' hill
- the place centrale du village will have an "Information totem", sponsored by Audi, showing images and classifications; hopefully it will be bigger than last year's "almost-big-screen"
- the spectators area at Porsche corners will be extended to the fast left-hand corner (not sure where it is though)
- new tarmac areas are now outside Dunlop Chicane, Indianapolis and Arnage. Despite their coloured stripes, they are not run-off type, like HTTT, but only tarmac, to get less gravel on the track
Old 26 May 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1921665)   #179
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just looking at the Terte Rouge pic's the whole area looks a lot better than it did. Guess I will find out what it is like in just over 2 weeks time.
Old 26 May 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1921693)   #180
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
more infos from the latest issue of Le Mans Racing :
<all good, nothing bad>
Whatever our differing opinions on the changes being made by the ACO, it is good to see some changes to the benefit of us spectators.

It'll be interesting to see the change at the Dunlop Chicane as I'll be sat in the tribune overlooking it, hopefully it will encourage the pilotes to be a little less conservative with the corner.

Although, I shall be disappointed if the Arnage corner no longer resembles a normal T-junction.

Only 2 weeks left at work before we go...
Old 26 May 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1921695)   #181
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like there have been a lot of changes!!! Very different from last year!

In 2005, I went to Lime Rock, CT, for the New England Grand Prix. Very small track, but absolutely lovely! There is no better seat at a race than on the grass under a big shady tree! I was at the Esses, by the way.
Old 26 May 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1921769)   #182
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not in construction but the pit areas look far from being ready. IMO, it looks like the test day is likely to be a bit of a mess. I wonder if they will ask the teams to relocate while they finish in the week between the test day and Le Mans week?

I wonder how secure the underground fueling tanks are as well? There is a lot of dust and grime around there.
Old 26 May 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1921785)   #183
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I am not in construction but the pit areas look far from being ready. IMO, it looks like the test day is likely to be a bit of a mess. I wonder if they will ask the teams to relocate while they finish in the week between the test day and Le Mans week?

I wonder how secure the underground fueling tanks are as well? There is a lot of dust and grime around there.

You're right? but you know, when they have built the new village, close to the date, we had a lot of doubt about their capacity to finish and then .......

So , BE OPTIMISTIC

24 HOURS OF LE MANS CONTINUE FROM 1923 AND THEN FOR MORE TIME
Old 28 May 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1923118)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
update of pictures on lemans.org : Tertre Rouge appears fully finished, but the new pits area has a lot of work to be done! Hopefully the teams won't arrive too early...

Thanks for the link Bernard.

What's the garden shed there for?
Old 28 May 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1923148)   #185
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the Garden' shed is for the track marshals to keep their materials
Old 29 May 2007, 07:27 (Ref:1923462)   #186
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The access road for those of us camping at tertre rouge looks a great improvement, and I like the fact that they are trying to protect the new trees, perhaps they might survive and restore some of the shade and feel of the old corner in a few years.

Only two weeks to go, already started checking the camping equipement.
Old 29 May 2007, 09:43 (Ref:1923575)   #187
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It looks like the view from the outside of Tetre Rouge has been lowered , hence destroyed imo !!!

I cant wait either ..... im taking a half day off work today to go home and check that all my bits and pieces are in order .....YAHOO !!!
Old 29 May 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1923875)   #188
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's face it though, the view from back behind Tertre Rouge through the trees was pretty poor anyway - I can't believe it could be made any worse..... (Dangerous thing to say, of course... ).
Old 29 May 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1923931)   #189
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, those tree protection thingies are bound to have supporters standing on them, trying to get a decent picture, if the marshalls dont pay close enough attention... they had better not destroy the trees! (if i spot any1 doing that i'll kick em myself :P )
Old 29 May 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1923935)   #190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good point gucom - they'll be lucky to survive the weekend intact, I fear.....
Old 29 May 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1923941)   #191
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
you know, ACO tends to put barbed wire all around nowadays
Old 29 May 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1924006)   #192
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you know, ACO tends to put barbed wire all around nowadays
in this specific case, i hope they will... we'll thank them in a few years when there's some shady places from which to watch the race up close
Old 30 May 2007, 05:42 (Ref:1924347)   #193
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom
we'll thank them in a few years when there's some shady places from which to watch the race up close
Yeah ..... those trees are indeed a great thing when its hot .
Old 30 May 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1924388)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As it will be of course.......
Old 30 May 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1924550)   #195
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom
in this specific case, i hope they will... we'll thank them in a few years when there's some shady places from which to watch the race up close
At least they are trying to do something for the ordinary fans not just put up expensive covered seating that you can only use by paying more money, lets hope that the trees survive for us all to shelter under in a few years time.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 21:27 (Ref:1928818)   #196
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Now that testday has passed, can someone who was there advise what the state of the roads is like for this year?

Last year, with the tramway construction work all along the N138 from Tertre Rouge back into town, driving was "difficult". Is it any easier now?

Cheers

Steve
PS Arrive Sunday evening!!!!! yippee!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1929083)   #197
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No idea as to the roads, but have a good one Steve!
Old 5 Jun 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1929741)   #198
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile
I think the Garden' shed is for the track marshals to keep their materials
Indeed... a man needs a shed !

Even a frenchman

What's shed in French anyone?? M. Bertillon didn't have one in my French textbooks, but then he was a Douanier at Orly, so he probably couldn't afford one...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1930010)   #199
alan-g
Racer

alan-g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's shed in French anyone??

Une cabine de jardin............?
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1930107)   #200
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looking at the youtube footage horndawg has linked to on the test day thread one suspects tertre rouge will become an even more popular viewing spot than ever. how long till someone tries to take it without lifting?!