Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1930125)   #201
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
looking at the youtube footage horndawg has linked to on the test day thread one suspects tertre rouge will become an even more popular viewing spot than ever. how long till someone tries to take it without lifting?!
Andy Wallace suggested (in a quote on DSC) that by the end of the Test Day, some would be doing just that!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:49 (Ref:1930295)   #202
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
was looking around youtube for this clip (didn't find it yet) but found this clip of an onboard lap of Hawthorne in '56 in his Jag before the race, describing the turns etc, very fascinating.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqgfLlM9nXI

what d'ya think mods, how about a thread with LM links to online clips? There is so much online, it might be neat as a pre-LM thing for us all to get peeks at past and present LM, and have it all together in one thread.

back to looking for the test day footage of Tetre rouge...

Last edited by djb; 6 Jun 2007 at 13:57.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1931646)   #203
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan-g
What's shed in French anyone??

Une cabine de jardin............?
that's quite right ; better : une cabane de jardin

or une remise
Old 7 Jun 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1931666)   #204
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
djb: some shameless self-promotion here, but i started a topic with many le mans vids from youtube on another forum (which i wont mention here since i dont know the rules concerning links and such to other forum topics)

I could copy the lot and paste it in a topic on ten-tenths if you like?

PS that mike hawthorn vid is indeed great, driving among traffic in a racing jag!

PPS if tertre rouge becomes flat out i'm definitely a fan, that'd be pretty hairy but awesome to see...
Old 7 Jun 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1931793)   #205
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
copy and paste away, I started a thread for clip links so feel free.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1934442)   #206
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Tertre Rouge corner can now be taken flat-out, right?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:09 (Ref:1934744)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, apparently Andy Wallace reckons theyy could well be doing so in qually.....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:28 (Ref:1934832)   #208
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any trees left there??
I'll certainly be having a look!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1935297)   #209
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
no more trees, when you're at Tertre rouge inside the corner, you can see the cars under the Dunlop, and all the tertre rouge corner and then you see them at Antarès on the Hunaudières
Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1942775)   #210
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Major dissapointment, for the first time since my first visit in 1991 we were not able to go to the team hospitality units this year even though we had tribune 34 ( pits ) tickets. For a decent snack we had to wal for ages.
It shows that it will be more and more complicated to get you autographs during the weekend.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:49 (Ref:1942786)   #211
gucom
Racer

^about that... i feel there's a definite negative influence by audi in this department... wherever you go, there are Audi areas that cant be accessed, guarded by (sometimes pretty grim-looking) Audi security staff, Audi A8s driving Audi VIPs around, taking shortcuts while others stay in traffic jams... one of the charms of le mans to me is the feeling that every1 is there with the same goal, to enjoy a great motoring event with loads of tradition... but i get the feeling there's a bigger and bigger gap between corporate audi turning Le Mans into 1 big PR / corporate pampering event, and the regular fans...

ps i still loved le mans 07 and i really like some of the things the ACO has done for those ordinary fans, like (almost) proper toilet facilities and the big screens
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1942832)   #212
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're right for that, and you forget the safety cars and an audi a8, perhaps a personal one, often staying on the aco's grandstand park, but we must accept that to survive, especially in mechanical sports, you can't forget strong financial supports. I think so.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1942858)   #213
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The tunnel at the start-finish line is pretty small. How old is it?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1942863)   #214
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom
... and the big screens
well, the one in the (in)famous Audi Tower in the village is a real shame
in facts, it's not a big screen, as some of us have such size at home...
Old 21 Jun 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1943113)   #215
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
The tunnel at the start-finish line is pretty small. How old is it?
Not very old, a few years only, the old tunnel was much smaller and smelt like the toilet drains which ran along it were leaking. the old one was always busy and you tried to hold your breath as long as possible.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1943128)   #216
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Not very old, a few years only, the old tunnel was much smaller and smelt like the toilet drains which ran along it were leaking. the old one was always busy and you tried to hold your breath as long as possible.
I dont believe it has changed for some time and the toilet drains are still there about eyelevel on the right hand wall as you walk to the inside of the track - hopefully better sealed than they used to be!!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1943184)   #217
gucom
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
well, the one in the (in)famous Audi Tower in the village is a real shame
in facts, it's not a big screen, as some of us have such size at home...
true, and it was also often very badly visible because of the reflection of light on it... i was mainly talking about the proper big screens along the track... that audi tower is basically just audi claiming le mans for the long term (lol soon i'll begin an anti-capitalism hippie rant )
Old 11 Jul 2007, 23:20 (Ref:1961147)   #218
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By my reckoning, the ACO completed all scheduled track/building works (apart from the new 'Welcome Centre') in time for this year's race.

Mmm......how will we ever survive the next 12 months with nothing to moan about?
Old 12 Jul 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1961550)   #219
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was that big silver Audi spire meant to be?
Old 12 Jul 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1961558)   #220
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was it not some sort of "celebration" of their acheivements at Le Mans? Looked like something else to me, though.....!
Old 12 Jul 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1961835)   #221
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Works are not finsished at Le MANS, they have to built the new "Welcome"...
Old 12 Jul 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1961840)   #222
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Was it not some sort of "celebration" of their acheivements at Le Mans? Looked like something else to me, though.....!
Oh I'll say it then.... Insert punchline here!!!!!
Old 12 Jul 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1961856)   #223
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMICALEMANS
Works are not finsished at Le MANS, they have to built the new "Welcome"...
I bet they won't put my Welcome building back......
Old 12 Jul 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1961860)   #224
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Oh I'll say it then.... Insert punchline here!!!!!
I was attempting to be ladylike [for once ]
Old 13 Jul 2007, 08:46 (Ref:1962199)   #225
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I was attempting to be ladylike [for once ]
Well done dear!

I think the tower has (unsurprisingly) received quite a slating elsewhere on the forum. I had high hopes that it would be (first and foremost) a much needed leader tower with a LARGE timing screen at the base. How wrong could I be, it's utterly useless in that respect........

Apart from the excellent (IMO) new spectator enclosure at Tertre Rouge, the best additions to the trackside experience this year were the screens which were placed at Arnage and Mulsanne corners. The unique atmosphere these mythical enclosures generate remains, but with the screens, the experience has been taken to a different level.