Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 May 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3081779)   #1051
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It looks great from the side, the green breaks up the white really well especially on the big honking fin.
Old 30 May 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3081780)   #1052
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/jou...-03-_7179.html has the official Pescarolo 03 pictures in a slightly larger format.

Old 30 May 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3081784)   #1053
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin...pdl_filDMA.Htm says that the team has also sealed a 3-year sponsorship deal with a financial services company. So some worries on the funding of the team may be alleviated by this.
Old 30 May 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3081786)   #1054
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He said that the 03 was designed to be a two-year project so hopefully this deal and the Goethe tie-up allows him to campaign it into next season.

I'm really happy this car exists.
Old 30 May 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3081807)   #1055
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i love the air intake, it reminds me of an old lmp900 car. All in all this car looks proper now that it is all liveried up. I hope the 03 is mechanically sound and can get some laps in at the test this week.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3081848)   #1056
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin...pdl_filDMA.Htm says that the team has also sealed a 3-year sponsorship deal with a financial services company. So some worries on the funding of the team may be alleviated by this.
This company (cetelem) is not apparently a big sponsor ,you can see the only logo on the tail. Be careful with the "coloured" communication of the team .They are probably waiting for a result at LM to cross a bigger step.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3081866)   #1057
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Looking good, from what I see. Maybe they were right, and the tub WAS the good bit on the AMR.
Old 30 May 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3081876)   #1058
Markld
Rookie

Markld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCU1D...feature=colike

Looks like footage of the new 03 and the dome.
Old 30 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3081879)   #1059
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well spotted ...... listenin to the Judd , I wish it was still the V10 GV4 .

That Pesca 03 is growin on me .
Old 30 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3081905)   #1060
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Good-looking car. Nice to have some roadsters and coupés - variety should always be the name of the game at La Sarthe.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3082013)   #1061
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Good-looking car. Nice to have some roadsters and coupés - variety should always be the name of the game at La Sarthe.
Exactly ..... my thoughts about engines too .
Old 30 May 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3082028)   #1062
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
i love the air intake, it reminds me of an old lmp900 car. All in all this car looks proper now that it is all liveried up. I hope the 03 is mechanically sound and can get some laps in at the test this week.
If only the air intake is wider... Or it might sound crazy, but let's turn that 03 into a single-seater!

But I don't think that it's not gonna work.
Old 30 May 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3082107)   #1063
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
photo gallery of Magny Cours test: http://www.pescarolo.com/multimedia.asp?galerie=71

This picture shows that the rear end (gearbox, suspension, rear wing mount, ...) is completely carried over from the AMR One:

Last edited by gwyllion; 30 May 2012 at 21:37.
Old 30 May 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3082130)   #1064
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just saw the new photos from ACO on Facebook.
It seems that the Pescarolo 03 ran for quite some time. Any reports on it's reliability?
Old 30 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3082133)   #1065
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beyond reliability some new about timelaps?
Old 30 May 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3082137)   #1066
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
As mentioned earlier the car set "respectable" lap times and there were no big issues.
Old 30 May 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3082140)   #1067
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
As mentioned earlier the car set "respectable" lap times and there were no big issues.
Sorry, Didn't think that it was the same test
Old 30 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3082167)   #1068
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
http://lemansprototypes.over-blog.it...105845973.html highlights the main differences between the Pescarolo 03 and AMR-One nose.
http://lemansprototypes.over-blog.it...106115439.html has a comparison of the side profile.

Old 30 May 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3082173)   #1069
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Interestingly enough AMR-One had the trendier ultra-short front fenders.
Old 31 May 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3082192)   #1070
JasonM3
Rookie

United States
Berkeley, CA
JasonM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I think its a fine idea , but I cant see anything comin from Porsche in P1 for awhile . But old Henri has good links with Porsche from past years .

I reckon Pescarolo would make a fine partner for any manufacturer .
I think they would, too. I can sort of see Pescarolo going back to the retired Peugeot and asking for the chassis so they can start winning again.

Kind of random, but I heard somewhere that the developers of the new Dome S102.5 say they don't care about endurance, just speed? That sounds pretty unprofessional to me.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3082568)   #1071
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay12.html has some comments from Mike on the first pictures.
Mike has updated his comments. More importantly his sources report that the Pescarolo 03 set "times about a half second slower than the Dome S102.5". Not bad for the first running of a new car.
Old 31 May 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3082578)   #1072
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Mike has updated his comments. More importantly his sources report that the Pescarolo 03 set "times about a half second slower than the Dome S102.5". Not bad for the first running of a new car.
No, not bad at all.
Old 31 May 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3082589)   #1073
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
No, not bad at all.
In any case, far better than the base vehicle could ever do.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3082625)   #1074
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
This picture shows that the rear end (gearbox, suspension, rear wing mount, ...) is completely carried over from the AMR One:

According to http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/05/...ans-49319.html they made some revisions to the rear suspension and completely redesigned aerodynamics, except for the rear wing. I assume that this means that the front suspension is identical.

On the two pictures above you can see that the dorsal fin has been increased in height compared to the AMR-One. Consequently there is a small step between the fin and the swan neck wing mount. Note that the end plates of wing have been altered.

The article also explains that the sponsorship of Cetelem, a subsidiary of BNP-Paribas, and the financial help of Roald Goethe are only enough to run the car at Le Mans. The subsequent WEC rounds are uncertain. Goethe will make his decision based on the results at Le Mans.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3082642)   #1075
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have two monocoques, don't they? Would Pescarolo build the second car, if they had enough cash?