Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 May 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3082653)   #1076
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
According to http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/05/...ans-49319.html they made some revisions to the rear suspension and completely redesigned aerodynamics, except for the rear wing. I assume that this means that the front suspension is identical.

On the two pictures above you can see that the dorsal fin has been increased in height compared to the AMR-One. Consequently there is a small step between the fin and the swan neck wing mount. Note that the end plates of wing have been altered.

The article also explains that the sponsorship of Cetelem, a subsidiary of BNP-Paribas, and the financial help of Roald Goethe are only enough to run the car at Le Mans. The subsequent WEC rounds are uncertain. Goethe will make his decision based on the results at Le Mans.
BHF heights increased this year as mandatory.
Old 31 May 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3082660)   #1077
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
According to http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/05/...ans-49319.html they made some revisions to the rear suspension and completely redesigned aerodynamics, except for the rear wing. I assume that this means that the front suspension is identical.

On the two pictures above you can see that the dorsal fin has been increased in height compared to the AMR-One. Consequently there is a small step between the fin and the swan neck wing mount. Note that the end plates of wing have been altered.

The article also explains that the sponsorship of Cetelem, a subsidiary of BNP-Paribas, and the financial help of Roald Goethe are only enough to run the car at Le Mans. The subsequent WEC rounds are uncertain. Goethe will make his decision based on the results at Le Mans.
i'll be unpopoular but just ask my self one thing, i guess that ACO/FIA knew about desperate economical situation of pescarolo team when they picked pescarolo request to join the WEC.... so what's the matter to allow a team that has not centainty of join all races in this champ?
in other word the le mans race is dead or alive for them.
Old 31 May 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3082678)   #1078
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, at the time of entries being given out, I'm sure the Luxury Racing partnership helped Pescarolo's cause with both funding and credibility. Furthermore, the car was only .5 seconds slower than the Dome at Magny-Cours, which bodes well for the car. I don't think we'll have to worry about this car being a dog like the Aston was.
Old 31 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3082698)   #1079
tarpon
Rookie

tarpon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Aston suffered from engine problems only,if they had put a Judd inside for a while,time to get a correct developpement ,the Pescarolo would not exist.I have never understood why they decided to stop.
Old 31 May 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3082706)   #1080
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
Well, at the time of entries being given out, I'm sure the Luxury Racing partnership helped Pescarolo's cause with both funding and credibility. Furthermore, the car was only .5 seconds slower than the Dome at Magny-Cours, which bodes well for the car. I don't think we'll have to worry about this car being a dog like the Aston was.
ok, it can be, i just hope that an other lmp1 team with good financial hasn't been sacrified to give a chance to pescarolo even with bad financial conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
the Aston suffered from engine problems only,if they had put a Judd inside for a while,time to get a correct developpement ,the Pescarolo would not exist.I have never understood why they decided to stop.
because prodrive intention about AMR-one was to start a customer program in 2012, but after the disastrous results surely none would to buy some chassis...
Old 31 May 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3082783)   #1081
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post

I think they were running different downforce levels.
Old 31 May 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3082885)   #1082
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'd think using the DOME would be 'like to SAVE money' not spend? Surely it's cheaper to use a car already designed than build your own. Isn't that what Pescarolo is doing with BOTH his entries?
Old 31 May 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3082890)   #1083
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
Why would the Pescarolo 03 be fitted with a high downforce aero package? Their main focus right now is Le Mans. Based on the comments from Henri, they might not have the budget to run post Le Mans.
Old 31 May 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3082948)   #1084
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why would the Pescarolo 03 be fitted with a high downforce aero package? Their main focus right now is Le Mans. Based on the comments from Henri, they might not have the budget to run post Le Mans.
...I simply said that they were running with different levels of downforce. Magny Cours is a medium/high downforce track--if you want to find a laptime.
Old 31 May 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3082950)   #1085
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Based on what? Another team running at Magny was running high DF (strangely enough) and set fastest unofficial time (only .2 or so quicker than the Dome). But I have it on good authority all the Pescarolo cars were in LM configuration.
Old 31 May 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3082951)   #1086
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Based on what? Another team running at Magny was running high DF (strangely enough) and set fastest unofficial time (only .2 or so quicker than the Dome). But I have it on good authority all the Pescarolo cars were in LM configuration.
I guess our 'authorities' are different. Dome in LM and the Pesca not.
Old 31 May 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3082953)   #1087
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The 03 is little different than the AMR-One's LD package--probably a ton better based on lap times. Large dive planes are also a part of the Audi R18's and the Toyota TS030's aero package for LM. I don't think that there is much difference between the 03 and the Dome as far as the basic concept between their aero setups.

And as has also been said, there's only so much Henri and Co. can do to differentiate the 03 from the AMR-One, especially given their time and budget, and given that I have to give them a thumbs up.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3083140)   #1088
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I guess our 'authorities' are different. Dome in LM and the Pesca not.
I guess so. Double checked this morning and conformed both Pescarolo cars were in LM config. But even anecdotally you can see the S102.5 is carrying more wing downforce as it's visually running a steeper rear flap angle.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3083148)   #1089
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
I guess so. Double checked this morning and conformed both Pescarolo cars were in LM config. But even anecdotally you can see the S102.5 is carrying more wing downforce as it's visually running a steeper rear flap angle.
I guess so too.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3083198)   #1090
tarpon
Rookie

it is said in "l'equipe" yesterday that the AMR ,sorry O3, caused many problems when testing at Chateauroux ,the car coming directly from the computer.
At Magny cours the 03 suffered minor problems ,brakes heating ,etc and run 350 KMS

this morning ,the 03 and the Dome were seized on action of Julien Jousse,the pescarolo driver "evicted "for le mans for contract violation. we are waiting for the justice decision this afternoon.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3083205)   #1091
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is it with everyone's cars getting seized these days! Seriously, as much as I love Henri and the team, it's been a bit of a shambles this year.

IMO he's not doing a great job of convincing a manufacturer to come on board in the future, but I do understand he's almost fighting with one arm tied behind his back to get things done. Sometimes you have to do things you might not want to.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3083206)   #1092
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon View Post
it is said in "l'equipe" yesterday that the AMR ,sorry O3, caused many problems when testing at Chateauroux ,the car coming directly from the computer.
At Magny cours the 03 suffered minor problems ,brakes heating ,etc and run 350 KMS

this morning ,the 03 and the Dome were seized on action of Julien Jousse,the pescarolo driver "evicted "for le mans for contract violation. we are waiting for the justice decision this afternoon.
UUUPPPSSS!!!!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3083208)   #1093
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely seizing the cars is a little OTT? And is the Dome even owned by Pescarolo? If they are only running it, then can they seize cars owned by someone else? (Isn't this how Scott Tucker managed to get his cars back?)
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3083209)   #1094
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Surely seizing the cars is a little OTT? And is the Dome even owned by Pescarolo? If they are only running it, then can they seize cars owned by someone else? (Isn't this how Scott Tucker managed to get his cars back?)
It's how Luxury got the cars back
Old 1 Jun 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3083223)   #1095
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
And the 03 is owned by Roald Goethe. So neither are Pesca's property for Jousse to have seized! I know it's not nice to lose your LM seat this way, and so close to the event, but it is the way of the racing world at privateer level.

What a bloody shambles it's turning out to be, let's hope the car does get to run and finish too.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3083232)   #1096
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im starting to hear abit too much about Henri for my liking .

Bouchet took action against him , Pug shafted him over a wrecked 908 , P03 and Dome seized , action against Luxury , Luxury action against him ..... team shafted and bailed out by Nicolet and now Jousse taking action against him ..... really , when does this drama peter out !!!

If its in Jousse's contract for him to do Le Mans , then thats that as far as Im concerned . Kick one of the other drivers out , even though I dont want to see that either .

You cant take someones money , with the understanding of a Le mans drive , and then show him the door ..... thats gangster stuff .
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3083239)   #1097
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I really hate to say this, but maybe it's time for Henri to call it quits. ORECA have taken up the banner of plucky French privateer, and are doing it pretty well. I'd rather not see the Pesca name at La Sarthe at all than see it get dragged through so much controversy.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3083248)   #1098
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I really hate to say this, but maybe it's time for Henri to call it quits. ORECA have taken up the banner of plucky French privateer, and are doing it pretty well. I'd rather not see the Pesca name at La Sarthe at all than see it get dragged through so much controversy.
He might be better of lobbying with car manufacturers to build him a nice engine and give him the budget to run it in the Dome.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3083274)   #1099
tarpon
Rookie

Jousse had a contract for the season ,and the fact he got information a long time after the other drivers caused this situation. the information was running cross the forums for a long week .
Old 1 Jun 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3083279)   #1100
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I didnt hear about it , and Im sure many from this forum cruise others forums in many languages , and it hadnt been reported .

Many drivers have a contract for a season , which does not include Le Mans , however , this year Le mans is part of the WEC , and if Jousse had a WEC contract , then thats it im afraid .