Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3926060)   #376
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ferrari surely wouldn’t have needed his money, so I wonder if he was close as he thought he was to signing? Surely Kimi was always the better option, even if Pastor was not without talent
Old 5 Sep 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3926062)   #377
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ferrari surely wouldn’t have needed his money, so I wonder if he was close as he thought he was to signing? Surely Kimi was always the better option, even if Pastor was not without talent
Which he was
Old 6 Sep 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3926150)   #378
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be fair DC was a very good driver, but not a great like Vettel, even if Vettel makes a lot of mistakes. We'll see if this win for Leclerc's win is going to be an instant springboard for future success. Don't forget it took Mika a lot longer to take his first win, but then we knew his talent was there from the start
Might sound off of a 4 time champion but I don't think Vettel is that great. He isn't the all round package. What I mean by that is he's great when the car is great and he is excellent at controlling the race and his pace

However, when he's got to produce something brilliant he rarely does it. He's not in the Hamilton/Senna/Clark class for me
Old 6 Sep 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3926215)   #379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's definitely in the top group, but unfortunately he might have passed his peak judging by his mistakes
Old 8 Sep 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3926656)   #380
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Leclerc didn't hang around for long in one hit wonder category.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3926660)   #381
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Well Leclerc didn't hang around for long in one hit wonder category.
Beat me to it.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3926702)   #382
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well 2 in a row so can't put leclerc on the list now
Old 9 Sep 2019, 03:29 (Ref:3926792)   #383
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done ItisI
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4000538)   #384
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boom!

Gasly is the man!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4000539)   #385
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gasly will check out of here one day. But could be a while yet!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:32 (Ref:4000549)   #386
S griffin
Veteran

Gasly joins the club, he might not get another chance like that. We’ll see. Sainz could be a very different story though
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4000550)   #387
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect the senior team will be calling soon.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:54 (Ref:4000554)   #388
S griffin
Veteran

It seems Gasly seems to do better without the pressure of being in the senior team though
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4000566)   #389
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It seems Gasly seems to do better without the pressure of being in the senior team though
He probably wasn't ready. He was only promoted because Ricciardo bailed.

And, well, we all know how life is for the second guy at Red Bull.

This time next year we will be hailing Albon's first victory for Alpha Tauri.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4000583)   #390
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's had more track time away from the BS within RB and that car is bloody good!

Suspect he will be staying put unless Albon bombs completely. I strongly suspect he will get offered a contract by a non RB team for '22.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:54 (Ref:4000643)   #391
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to laugh, all the years ago I started coming on 10/10ths and I always forget about this thread.....only not to watch a race and then to see in my email of a notification from this thread and I go......ooooooooooh, watching todays race will have a surprise for once!

cheers all
Old 6 Sep 2020, 23:23 (Ref:4000648)   #392
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Brilliant
Old 6 Dec 2020, 18:58 (Ref:4021089)   #393
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A new addition! Could have gone to a few drivers.

Russell obviously, Sainz had a poorly timed pitstop during the VSC, Ocon was right there as well. Stroll even.

But Perez got it. Unless he gets another drive, might go down as the all time one hit wonder champ?
Old 6 Dec 2020, 19:10 (Ref:4021101)   #394
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Perez! Woo!
Old 6 Dec 2020, 21:53 (Ref:4021186)   #395
S griffin
Veteran

Checo takes the record for the longest wait for first win, with 190 races.
Old 6 Dec 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4021194)   #396
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a lot of laps before finally winning a race
Old 6 Dec 2020, 22:39 (Ref:4021198)   #397
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
But still a whole lot better than all those guys doing the laps without ever winning one.

Old 7 Dec 2020, 00:54 (Ref:4021238)   #398
S griffin
Veteran

Also 50 years since we had a Mexican winning and 17 years since the team last won, albeit in it’s original guise as Jordan
Old 7 Dec 2020, 04:27 (Ref:4021258)   #399
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This cracks me up. Ive lamented here how I forget about this thread and get a spoiler from it, or a heads up anyway.
But this time, the email notification had me thinking...oh Russel won..... but no,, oh wait, maybe he does.....oh wait, carumba it's Perez!

Very vey cool

Hello old 10/10ths peeps again
Old 7 Dec 2020, 08:22 (Ref:4021281)   #400
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Perez could be in this club for a very long time indeed.

For goodness sake, someone give him a car for 2021.